Box Score: Kansas 90, Kentucky 84

kansas-box

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Box Score: Kansas 90, Kentucky 84

1. EdC
    9:47 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Interesting. Only 2 minutes for Matthews. I wonder if he has some injury or something.

2. The Rest of the story
    9:49 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

47 to 22 on FTs? Kansas did not beat us the refs did.

3. UKfanman01
    9:49 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Interesting 47 free throws compared to 22. BTW I’m sure Briscoe shot 15 of those

4. thelexcat
    9:51 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

ffs, almost 70 free throw attempts in this game…

5. nadroj
    9:53 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Maybe the refs missed one or two calls. But come on guys, 47-22 means that Kansas was more aggressive and we couldn’t defend without fouling. Overall we still looked strong, played tough in an impossible environment. Looked like a title contender tonight.

• Megan
      10:19 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Never looks good when you blame the refs. Kansas drove to get to the line. Something we should have done a lot more.

6. mobile2
    9:57 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

This is a different UK team than a few weeks ago. This team, in this year’s wild college environment, can go very deep in the tourney if not all the way.

I was impressed and the future for this team is bright. That arena was insane and was as intense as a title game. Good stuff.

And more proof Skal has no business on the court against real talent.

7. EdC
    9:58 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Oof … Kansas shot 47.1% from 3

8. cats paw
    10:05 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Cal– “If you can’t play defense, I can’t play you”! But if you’re the worst shooter in college basketball, have cramps and shoot about 40% free throws…… I’ll keep you on the floor!

9. girl wildcat fan
    10:06 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

The refs definitely skewed the game so I am saying we won this game. When one team shoots 25 freaking free throws than the other team sure shows home cooking going on.

10. syrin23
    10:08 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Lots of what ifs. Costly turnovers by Ulis down the stretch, Briscoe’s FT’s, Skal not getting that key rebound. Still, this team can beat anyone, especially on a neutral court. They should gain confidence from this loss.

11. syrin23
    10:10 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Regarding the refs, I think they cost us about 10 points between the called fouls, and the uncalled fouls like the one on the Poythress dunk. But you know when go on the road, you start out down by 10. That should be your mentality.

12. UKfan4TwoDecades
    10:10 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Kentucky lost this game due to the same issues that have plagued it all year. When you can’t count on, other than to foul out most every game, Lee – Alex (who did play a decent game tonight) – Skal – Willis (who rushed his shot tonight and was not aggressive on the boards), making 3 pointers AND Isiah to make free throws every game UK plays will be in jeopardy.
    For the life of me I can’t understand why Cal is not playing Tai at all this year. I don’t buy the “he is out of shape mantra” because even if he played good defense, rebounded, and hit some shots it would be a welcome site.
    The game changed when they took the ball out of Ullis’ hand, from the top of the key, and put it into Isiah’s hand for the majority of the second half. Go and look at the game video and as soon as that happened the lead went from 8 up to an overtime loss.
    Ullis played his heart out but he did have 3 costly late turnovers.
    I know this team has improved but something needs to change when it comes to Lee and Tai.
    Nuff said.
    I enjoy this site and the comments. Kudos to those who put in their time and passion to build this great UK site. Keep up the good work.

• Megan
      10:26 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Tai gives us a 6′ 10″ 255 lb. center who, even if he’s out of shape, should be able to give us a couple of minutes. And Humphries is 7′ 0″ and 260. Is he still on the team? Is he on double secret probation? I don’t get it.

• mobile2
      10:45 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Tai & Humphries aren’t projected lottery picks like Skal, thus Skal will get every available minute to “showcase” his skillz even if he can’t get a single rebound.

13. rainman
    11:19 pm January 30, 2016 Permalink

Check the three refs, and see who has done UK games before!
    Tells a tale! Hint, one of them did our ONLY loss last year!