Bob Knight can’t remember any teams coming close to undefeated

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 10.31.09 AM

Over at IndyStar.com, there is a video of Bob Knight speaking at a retirement community, because that’s the kind of gigs he books these days. Of the many boring things Knight said, one in particular stands out: When talking about his undefeated Indiana team, he seemed to have forgotten Kentucky came close to perfection just a little over one month ago.

“There is so much said about this team or that team over the years coming close, well nobody’s really come close or gotten past what those kids did,” Knight said.

Nobody’s come close??? Come on, Bob.

Though the subtle jab at UK stuck out, the highlight of the video is a cell phone going off and Knight asking, “What music am I listening to?” The phone continued to ring as Knight told a story, until he realized it was his own phone in his own pocket. The video is worth a watch for that.

His ringtone? “I Did It My Way”

Video here. (Stupid auto-play)

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Bob Knight can’t remember any teams coming close to undefeated

1. secrick
    12:11 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Who’s is this Bob Knight guy you keep talking about?

2. Mc12
    12:19 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Yes IU was the last team to go undefeated. However, I believe during the 20 years leading up to that 7 teams went undefeated.

If there was no shot clock and no 3 point line over the past 30 plus years, more teams would be undefeated.

If his team had a 40 game season, a 3 point line (the great equalizer), and a huge amount of media scrutiny, I don’t think they go undefeated. Just my opinion.

This Kentucky team would have gone undefeated if there’s no 3 point line.

3. BTownUKFan
    12:22 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

I am a fairly tolerant person when it comes to haters. But Knight’s comments and behavior are beyond asinine. The world will be a better place when he dies.

4. Catsby80
    1:10 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

bob knight sucks.

5. symphonist41169
    1:31 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

He appears to be getting to the point where he can’t remember where or when he last took a dump.

6. Time Expired
    1:37 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Is he wrong really. Cats fell two games short so not that close huh. Also it will never be done again so Bob can sit easy knowing he will have the last team to ever do it.

• Catsby80
      1:46 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

the last team to ever do it?? I don’t know about that… I don’t try to predict the future, but I’d imagine there will be another mid-major team like Wichita or UNLV that comes along and enters the tournament undefeated. It’ll just be a matter of winning the last game of the season… It might be a while before a major conference team enters the tournament undefeated, though.

• catdaddyd
      4:20 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Indiana State lost in final in 79.
      UNLV lost in final four in 91.
      UK lost in final four in 2015.

That’s 3 teams that have come close.

7. david8577
    2:01 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Clearly senile at this point.

8. cracka
    2:06 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

also can’t remember why there are 2 clocks running at the same time … game clock and shot clock

9. J-Dub421
    2:53 pm May 7, 2015 Permalink

Bob Knight can’t remember what he had for dinner last night, and can’t remember what a shot clock is. He’s gone senile.