Blast From the Past: Jamaal Magloire Knocks Down a Mascot

magloire

I love Jamaal Magloire…he was the greatest for about 500 reasons. My email address is still [email protected] because of my Magloire fandom. But there may have been no better moment for Magloire (with the exception of putting Wojo in the rack) than the one below. End of the Miami (Oh) first half, Saul Smith hits a big shot and then running off the court, Magloire nails the Miami mascot and knocks him to the ground. A great moment that is best shown here on a terrible version of a videotape…but unfortunately it is all we have (and this should have been a three)

Article written by Matt Jones

9 Comments for Blast From the Past: Jamaal Magloire Knocks Down a Mascot

1. Cats, Cats, Cats
    5:17 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Remember it well. Hilarious.

2. Chicago Chris
    5:18 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

25 points in a half vs Miami of Ohio? I miss those days. *sniff*

3. Brandon
    6:40 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I am pretty sure they reviewed it at the half and gave him the three.

4. Gotta love those highlights from the VHS tapes! Oh, and Jamaal putting Wojo in the rack was epic. I think I’ll have a Fathead made from that photo one day and put it on my wall.

5. Ace
    9:40 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure you would love it just as much if it was a Louisville player doing that. I’m guessing you might call a UL guy a “thug” for doing that. That’s a CAT fan for you.

• Ron Kragthorpe
      10:35 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

The difference between our guys and UofL guys is UofL guys are stupid.

6. Stew
    10:01 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Well Ace, I don’t know if you know what the word exaggeration means, my guess would be you don’t considering you are a Louisville fan, but if you watched that game or this video you would see that Jamaal is only trying to get up and Wojo is putting on like Jamaal is twisting him around. Now I know that being a UL fan you watch all UK games in jealousy so you probably made the same excuse then as you are now. Go mope about your lackluster basketball team on a tard website…not ours!

• Exactly
      10:39 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I mean, shouldn’t Ace be on a UL message board high-giving everyone now that they have the “third” best Adidas contract, or whatever? Hahaha

#mostProfitableNationalChamps

7. Mike
    10:49 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Magloire was a thug, and was an embarrassment to the University of Kentucky. He went on and was a thug in the pros. I was at Uk when Adolph Rupp was there. He would not have lasted 2 weeks with that attitude.