Blake Hundley gave Willie a painting, and now needs your prayers

Blake Hundley, the six-year-old who gave Willie Cauley-Stein the #TeamBlake bracelet Willie kept in his sock, hung out with his seven-foot tall friend again last night and gave him another gift. This time, it was a painting of a wildcat Blake had done himself.

Willie talked about the painting and his relationship with Blake on the radio this morning. It turns out they share a love for shoes and a similar swag to go along with their strong bond.

“This little buddy got swag,” Willie said of his good friend, who is battling brain cancer. “He was in there swagging last night in the Jordan 11s. He has the same custom Jordans (as me), he’s got his own little pair and he had me sign them yesterday. The whole swag, the whole way he carries himself is so powerful because I could not do what he’s doing with what he’s going through.”

Sadly, Blake’s status has worsened since he was out “swagging” and giving paintings to Willie last night, and he could really use some prayers from Big Blue Nation.

Here’s the latest update, posted this morning on his Facebook page:

Blake has had some increase neurological symptoms early this morning & was rushed to kosair's. He is having constant…

Posted by Prayers for Blake on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

So please, keep Blake, his family and everyone on #TeamBlake in your thoughts and prayers today as Blake continues to fight.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Blake Hundley gave Willie a painting, and now needs your prayers

1. inside info2
    4:51 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Blake will be in my thoughts and prayers.

WCS spends his spare time visiting and sponsoring children with cancer. Terrence Jones and Drew Franklin spend their spare time sponsoring Stone Cold Willow with new teeth.

• RealCatsFan
      5:06 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

ii2, prayers are appreciated, but this is not the time or the place for bringing SCW into the conversation. But I agree that it is awesome that Willie has helped all of these kids. We are blessed to have young men like Willie, Nerlens, Marcus, and so many others associated with our program.

• inside info2
      5:21 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

You are probably correct. My apologies to WCS and Blake. Don’t want to take away from either of them.

2. Joe Dan Gorman
    4:56 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Heartfelt prayers for this heroic little dude…

3. secrick
    4:57 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Blake will be in my prayers today and tonight.

4. RealCatsFan
    5:04 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Heartbreaking news to hear that Blake has taken a turn for the worse. Prayers going up for him from my camp. The young man has some serious artistic talent! I sincerely pray that the Lord will give Blake his healing touch that young Blake may grow up to offer the world some more of his awesome Wildcat art. If I was Willie, that painting would be one of my most precious possessions.

• theWilkman
      10:22 am April 23, 2015 Permalink

From the way Willie talked about Blake and the painting on the radio, I think it is. God bless Willie for using his status to ease the suffering of kids like Blake, and prayers up for Blake to get through this.

5. kvltclassic
    5:18 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

I don’t pray but I’m keeping him in my thoughts.

6. keiths
    6:54 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

good luck little guy

7. shelby
    8:01 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

I pray the Good Lord smile upon this young man and take away his illness and suffering. I also give thanks that God has seen fit to use Willie to touch this young man’s life.

8. nousername
    8:53 pm April 22, 2015 Permalink

Keep fighting Blake. You got this. I’ll pray for ya.