Big Blue Madness Campout will begin September 17

you-people-are-crazy

Mark your calendars! UK just announced the official start for the Big Blue Madness campout. Starting at 5 a.m. Wednesday, September 17, fans can start lining up outside Memorial Coliseum. Tickets will be distributed Saturday, September 20 at 7 a.m. ET at the Memorial Coliseum ticket windows on Euclid Avenue.

A note from UK:

A limited amount of control cards will be issued to those camped out on Friday, Sept. 19, beginning at 2 p.m. ET.  Fans are encouraged to start lining up for Saturday morning’s ticket distribution between 4-5 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20.  All fans must be present to obtain their control cards and only one control card per person will be accepted at distribution.  Based upon availability, control cards will not be distributed after 7 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20 and all persons with control cards must be in line by 7 a.m.

If you’re not able to camp out, you can also get your tickets online at UKathletics.com and Ticketmaster.com starting Saturday, Sept. 20 at 7 a.m. ET. Big Blue Madness will take place Friday, Oct. 17 at Rupp Arena. Starting times and broadcast information will be released later.

Now is a good time to make sure you have your tent ready and your cornhole skills up to par.

9 Comments for Big Blue Madness Campout will begin September 17

1. jjk
    4:09 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Was anyone trampled to death?

2. jason mahoney
    4:17 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

I will be making my mad dash across again this year! I really hope the rope is not used this year and We dont have a false start like last year.

3. Dubbya
    4:29 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Whats with the dude in the red? Someone should have clothes lined his a$$.

4. Madisonville Micah
    4:56 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Can someone tell me if generators are permitted? I’d love to bring along my tv and xbox lol

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      5:14 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Doesn’t look like it:

“The athletic department will provide portable restroom facilities, but the use of permanent, wooden-type structures; portable generators; and propane tanks or other open flames used in cooking is prohibited due to safety concerns. Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are not permitted.”

• hehe
      5:23 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

HAHA Mrs TT I laugh at that last sentence. If the generator rule is enforced as hard as that one I’d say bring two.

5. good times
    5:10 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Man…it’s crazy! Last year on the false start my brother (carrying the ground cover to go under the tent) tripped and scrapped his elbow and knee up and I got the worst adrenaline rush thinking we would go from being in position to have good seats to nose bleed. Luckily they called everyone back and we were able to get a good spot on the real one. BBN is one big family down there and the campout is a fun experience, BUT for those first few minutes of spot claiming brother will turn on brother REAL FAST!

6. jeff j
    8:27 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

too many rules sub-rules & stipulations . take it back to the day. folks showing up 2-3 weeks early declaring squaters rights. no need for control cards. everyone got to know everyone. we the people established the line long before the ticket window raised the shades. EVERYONE knew their place. no squabbles,skirmishes,or security needed. Rules ? save em for KY BASKETBALL GO CATS !!!

7. Grammar Patrol
    10:35 pm August 5, 2014 Permalink

Number not amount when speaking of things which can be counter. The UK Athletics department should hire MTT to edit its press releases. I would have expected this speech blot from UL or UT, but not UK.