Big Blue Madness Campout 2015 is underway

IMG_6255

This morning, for whatever reason, I thought it’d be a good idea to get up at 4:30 am and head out to Memorial Coliseum. So I did. I hopped up, threw on my best rain jacket and joined the crazies along Avenue of Champions.

The scene was nuts, per usual. I believe this year was the best turnout for the early morning rush, and outside of a few minor scuffles over tent space, it was done in an orderly fashion. The mayhem will never be perfect, but the folks at UK have done a good job of controlling the crowd as best as they can.

You people are crazy.

IMG_6256 IMG_6257 IMG_6258 IMG_6261 IMG_6262  IMG_6269

First in line:

IMG_6263

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Big Blue Madness Campout 2015 is underway

1. DesignatedDrinker
    7:52 am September 30, 2015 Permalink

Big Blue Madness is boring. If Drake does a concert it might be worth while to go. 2 hours of screaming and yelling for 10 minutes of introductions and Cal which are the only things worth seeing. Add in 38-0 to not win the title and the hype is old also. Hype the season all you want, March is the only thing that matters. Cold hard fact from a die hard Cat fan. Wisconsin hurt worse than 92 Duke and will for a while. Looking forward to the the debate though and 4-1 foosball team.

2. Bluetothebone
    7:59 am September 30, 2015 Permalink

People need to get a life….why do people do this? Never been to one and probably never will. Go to B/Windows game you will see more

• Bluetide
      6:36 pm September 30, 2015 Permalink

I would love to do it if I had the time. Guess as hardcore as I am I am not quite there on using vacation days to do this. But I have MAXIMUM respect for those who do. One reason people do it is bc the players and Coach Cal will come out a lot during the course of the camp-out and interact with the fans. That’s a HUGE opportunity you can’t get many other times and places.

3. Allen Iverson
    8:24 am September 30, 2015 Permalink

.. It’s easy to sum it up when you’re just talking about practice. We’re sitting in here, and I’m supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we’re talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it’s my last. Not the game, but we’re talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I’m supposed to lead by example… I know that… And I’m not.. I’m not shoving it aside, you know, like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I do. I honestly do… But we’re talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We’re talking about practice, man. We’re talking about practice. We’re talking about practice. We ain’t talking about the game. We’re talking about practice, man.

• Bluetide
      6:36 pm September 30, 2015 Permalink

You have won the internet today, sir!!!

4. @BallBlog_Chad
    8:53 am September 30, 2015 Permalink

we have a controversy … who was really 1st?

5. BlueRedneck
    10:08 am September 30, 2015 Permalink

So there are supposed to be several hundred tents put down for this, but I can’t see how that many tents could possibly fit in those little grassy areas around Memorial. Is there a big field of tents somewhere that is not being shown in the pictures?

6. Jon
    12:08 pm September 30, 2015 Permalink

Tents go all the way around memorial… And then on the opposite side of the road.. They were turning tents away by 630 this am. With that said ALOT less room for tents this year than years past

7. Tom
    12:37 pm September 30, 2015 Permalink

What’s the name of the guy who is first?