Ben Simmons goes at Drake on Instagram

Ben Simmons made a couple of Instagram posts after last night’s win, one going at Kentucky’s most famous fan.

Simmons took Drake’s popular “I rock Kentucky blue” lyric and changed it to “LSU gold” while tagging Drake at the end.

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 11.10.22 AM

If anyone can get away with this, I guess it’s Ben Simmons. Don’t want him to mock Kentucky fans? Don’t lose to him on national television.

I rock LSU gold on these 👯 @champagnepapi

A photo posted by Benjamin Simmons (@bensimmons25) on

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Ben Simmons goes at Drake on Instagram

1. 3Goggles
    11:41 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

BBN will just have to give him a nice, warm, Rupp Arena welcome in March.

2. Navin
    11:47 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

👯👯👯👯👯👯

3. mj4uk
    11:49 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Good for Simmons. Yet, I dont see what the great accomplishment was. UK laid down and we suck right now. Poythress and Lee oughta be ashamed. No drive, No leadership. I think the team has said “a few more months and Im on to bigger and better things.” Ullis brought his game, but i think everybody else left theirs at home. I turned this game off at 4:30 mark. First game I have turned off during the Cal era.

• kvltclassic
      11:57 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know if that is a fair assumption. Skal basically did what he’s done all season which isn’t helping his future any at all and Jamal played his heart out. Aside from those two, Alex is the only for sure person leaving at the end of the year and he is a second round pick at best. The only one of these guys who could have been looking to the bigger and better things and could afford to not worry about this game did worry about it. I think that is an unfair assumption.

4. somerset bill
    11:50 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

looks more yeller to me.

5. Long Dong Silver
    12:08 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

He rocks whatever color his handler told him to.

6. lmdxn
    12:08 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

I’m completely over Alex after last night. Pathetic. Has there ever been a play in the Cal era that has so thoroughly underperformed and absolutely disappeared in the worst times ever than Alex? He literally and figuratively flexed his muscles against Ole Miss then worked on his kegels against LSU.

• Bluebros
      12:57 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

^^^ Thank you for the laugh and mental image.

7. Bluebloodtoo
    12:57 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

My opinion of SImmons is that he’s a great player, but needs to learn some humility. He’s 18yo, so I get that but if you consider your college year as a job interview for the NBA, it might look a little different. How many CEO’s/VPs do you see tweeting out how great that last deal was that they scored for their company. Professionalism is something that is lost on many superstars.

• kvltclassic
      12:59 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

Also during the broadcast they said he was asked (can’t remember if before game or before season) what his goals were for the season and he said to be the number one draft pick and the number one player in college basketball, not win the title, win the SEC, make the tournament, or anything like that. So far his dreams are coming true.

8. mj7juice
    1:31 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

Simmons & Blakeney can enjoy their time at the mecca which is LSU. Zero class.

9. Nashville Cat
    1:54 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

Well Drake and our boys are both soft. So it makes sense

10. bluesyCat
    2:01 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

Simmons is Illuminati so it only makes sense that he is tweeting at Drake, the prince of the Illuminati Triad.

11. Ky_Tom
    2:36 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

What bothers me the most about this loss…Its how UK played in the first half..just piss poor..Mr Simmons was on the bench with 2 fouls, and their 5th year senior guard along next to Him,,And UK could even keep up with a 7-5 and team with their two best players out of the game..But ,,LSU did play over their normal game, and anyone who can’t see that is just stupid ..UK should have expected this game to be this way, and they were not ready to play at all…Its a clear fact, everyone will be looking beat the crap out of UK this season, for pay backs for the 2 beat downs UK gave everyone last year..So My question goes to the coach…He failed in getting them ready to go..He needs to stop all this pretty boy shit He doing with open Mikes, and filming in the locker room…Get things back to the basic ABC’s of the game, and stop all the BS with telling this kids that they are great, or better then other players at schools…It is not so, not this year, UK just sucks and LSU kicked their butts, and made it look easy..Trust Me, this will not be the last big loss of the season on the road..To tell you the truth, I look for Alabama to beat them as well, maybe not by 18- 20 point like last night, but I can see Bama winning by 7 to 10 points….This UK team reminds Me of Cals worse UK team, that failed to make the NCAA< and got tagged by some dinky IVY league school Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT….Well, at the rate this UK is heading, it will be the NIT again…because they showed last night, they do not deserve to play in the NCAA with teams that play 100% and don't lay down at the first sign of trouble from the refs,,,,They played a big part last night, they called some ticky tack fouls, and got Alex out of the game, but He was into the game anyway…so no big deal….and Lee, was now where to be seen or found…Briscoe should be benched and never let back in the game,That guy is worthless, and Skal is even worse.. Yes I am pissed off right now…UK will get killed at Kansas by 25 +

12. basketball uk
    2:46 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

No offense but last time kentucky lost to LSU this bad was 2013-2014 and ending up in championship