BBN at the NBA Lottery’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

@Timberwolves

Most people tuned in to the NBA Draft Lottery to see if their team got the number one pick in next month’s draft, but they were also treated to an infomercial for UK Basketball. Former Cats were all over the event, from newly minted Rookie of the Year Karl Towns, Devin Booker, and Willie Cauley-Stein representing their teams and Skal Labissiere and Jamal Murray walking the red carpet. Here are a few more pics from the occasion that have me smiling this morning:

@NBA

@Timberwolves

I mean, look at Karl’s shoes. @Timberwolves

@NBA

Finally, this video of Devin Booker sharing his day with 16-year-old Suns fan Jenna Warren is yet another reminder of what great ambassadors these kids are for the program:

The actual lottery wasn’t that exciting, with zero changes to the projected draft order:

1. Philadelphia 76ers
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn)
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Minnesota Timberwolves
6. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Denver Nuggets (via New York)
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Toronto Raptors (via Denver)
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Orlando Magic
12. Utah Jazz
13. Phoenix Suns (via Washington)
14. Chicago
15. Denver (via Houston)
16. Boston (via Dallas)
17. Memphis
18. Detroit
19. Denver (via Portland)
20. Indiana
21. Atlanta
22. Charlotte
23. Boston
24. Philadelphia (via Miami, via Cleveland)
25. L.A. Clippers
26. Philadelphia (via Oklahoma City, via Denver and Cleveland)
27. Toronto
28. Phoenix (via Cleveland, via Boston)
29. San Antonio
30. Golden State

Chad Ford’s first post-lottery mock has Jamal Murray going to the Boston Celtics, Skal Labissiere going to the Orlando Magic, and Tyler Ulis to the Nuggets. Mock Draft season gets real now, so expect lots of changes over the next month and a half.

Here’s what we have to look forward to in the Bluegrass…

Marques Bolden watch continues

Marques Bolden will finally tell us where he’s headed to college tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. ET, but today actually marks the end of the Signing Period. As we’ve learned in the past, Bolden doesn’t have to sign a letter of intent, but odds are he is today and sending it in prior to tomorrow’s announcement. Hopefully, that means we’ll hear some news leak out as the day goes on.

If you like to read the tweet leaves, the official Kentucky Basketball Twitter account followed Bolden yesterday:

On Monday, they followed his Instagram account. What does it mean?????

I’m seriously bummed that “Nashville” wasn’t renewed

I was in Vegas when I saw the news that ABC’s “Nashville” had been canceled, and I’ll be honest, I was pretty bummed. I started watching the show to see where they were filming around town (a lot of the locations are in my neighborhood), and slowly got hooked. Yes, it is totally a soap opera and the writing has been horrible this season, but something keeps bringing me back to it. Not only do I love Connie Britton, I really like some of the music, particularly the stuff by Gunnar and Scarlett’s characters.

Lionsgate is apparently shopping the show out to other networks, so hopefully it can find a home for at least one more season so I can keep indulging in my guilty pleasure. Speaking of guilty pleasures, I’m a fan of “Below Deck: Mediterranean” so far, although Danny’s gotta be on the way out, right?

Hillary Clinton won Kentucky last night

It was a close Democratic Primary last night, but Hillary won, barely edging out Bernie Sanders. At the risk of starting some comments section fights, here’s the county-by-county map:

@heraldleader

In a race that I actually care about, congrats to our friend Gabe Pendleton, who will move on to run to keep his position as 43rd District Judge for Barren and Metcalfe Counties in November.

Game 2 of Warriors/Thunder is at 9 p.m.

The Thunder took Game 1 Monday night, but you know it will be hard to keep my man Steph Curry from going off. Tune in to TNT at 9 p.m. to see if Enes Kanter, his stache, and the Thunder can keep the momentum rolling.

KSR starts in an hour

Hopefully we’ll have some Bolden scuttlebutt to discuss.

15 Comments for BBN at the NBA Lottery’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

1. david8577
    9:09 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t think it was possible to have a more divisive president than Obama, but it’s going to happen, no matter who wins the upcoming election.

• VitaminCBold
      9:21 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

They want to divide us. Once we start killing each other, that’s when the Canadians invade and become our polite, yet stern, overlords.

• KyDoughBoy
      9:27 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

Vitamin C Bold lead us into the promise land

• JoeMoney333
      9:29 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

The differences a fabricated divisiveness with Obama (birth certificates talks, anti-christ talks, Muslim invader, etc.) and a real one with two extremely unlikable top candidates. This one is going to be much worse.

2. KyDoughBoy
    9:31 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

You all will think it will be much worse? How? Our country is changing to accomodate 50,000 people and over ruling Congress for everything? Hilary nor Trump will do that

3. KyDoughBoy
    9:35 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

Enough about politics…

4. justaguyinthebackrow
    9:54 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

The Knicks and Nets are both so good that the last thing either team needs is a first round pick. It’s a good thing they both got rid of theirs. That has definitely worked out.(/heavy sarcasm)

5. JDawg
    10:05 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

Hate to see that so many are saddened with the two nominees we have for president. Vote TRUMP. It is extremely clear to me that he will be an exceptional leader. Exactly what this country needs. He will begin to reverse the damage from the Obama administration. VOTE TRUMP!!

• madarchitect
      10:22 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

Hahaha!!! Seriously?!

• VitaminCBold
      10:33 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

^^^ The Canadians’ first round of infiltration. WE DON’T WANT YOUR CANADIAN BACON

• JDawg
      11:38 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

Yeah seriously. Like I say, sad that you cant see it. Maybe you should get off FB and stop listening to what others have to say about him. Listen to him yourself and form your own opinion.

6. Bluegrass7914
    11:02 am May 18, 2016 Permalink

She won loseville, lexington, and about 19 counties. Bernie Sanders won about 95 of the 120 counties in Kentucky. Bernie won Kentucky imo.

• 25OR624
      6:43 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. I am in a state – not the great state of KY – of disbelief. The above chart screams WELFARE state. Which actually makes sense. For many years, well before my birth, perhaps prior to my parents as I have many relatives in MI and OH, innumerable Kentuckians-by-birth found no choice at home but jobs elsewhere. A simple review of the state chart indicates Hilarity Clintonamo won the counties where jobs are prevalent. Those may be won by the Republican. The remainder, of the state? They want to be taken care of. How sad; pitiful. What’s worse is how well Burnee is doing all over the country. Which tells me: NO MORE CLINTONS! She did a magical job of hiding her broom while she shared the White House with philandering Bill.

7. W.C.
    12:32 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

Thanks to the efforts of Gov Beshear, Sec of State Grimes, Joe B. Hall and M. Jones , Hillary was able to able crush the 75 year old Socialist by a whopping I/2 of 1 % of the vote..

8. msnthrop
    1:47 pm May 18, 2016 Permalink

What does uncommitted indicate? Did 24,000 people just go down to their polling site to vote present? Since it was a closed primary these would have to be registered Democrats who declined to vote for either of the front runners…seems weird to me that they would even bother.