Bam Adebayo’s mom is my new favorite thing about this team

SEC-8305

There was one woman in Bridgestone Arena having more fun than anyone today, and that’s Bam Adebayo’s mother, Mariyln Blount. Blount cheered her son on behind UK’s bench wearing a “Yabba Dabba Blue” t-shirt, staying on her feet practically the whole time. After the game, Bam said having his mom with him in Nashville has made this weekend even more special.

“Having my mom here, it’s exciting,” Bam said. “That’s my mom. It’s always been me and her and it’s always gonna be me and her. Can’t nobody come between that bond.”

A self-professed momma’s boy, Bam said his mom has taken the rest of the team under his wing as well.

“She wants me to win every game. She’s excited. If we make a run and get in the NCAA Championship, she wants us to win. She roots for all of us. If we mess up, she’s going to tell us about it after the game.”

Who’s Bam’s biggest critic, Calipari or his mother?

“It depends on what kind of game I’m having. If I have a good game, it’s more so my mom because she’ll talk about something that happened two minutes in the first. Cal will just be like, ‘Great game,” then walk off.”

Prediction: if Kentucky makes a big run in the tournament, Bam’s mom will become a media darling.

8 Comments for Bam Adebayo’s mom is my new favorite thing about this team

1. scwhite9
    9:03 pm March 11, 2017 Permalink

He is such a great kid that you have to know he has a great mother. Good for Bam acknowledging how much his mother means to him. Great family.

2. DrewP
    10:03 pm March 11, 2017 Permalink

Win another one tommorow for Mom!

3. TeddyD
    11:01 pm March 11, 2017 Permalink

I love her, Can’t wait, Bam is about to explode!

4. TeddyD
    11:01 pm March 11, 2017 Permalink

# 9 Bitches

5. GroundControlToNumber9
    5:02 am March 12, 2017 Permalink

Clearly this woman is a top notch. Seriously… how do you raise a kid today with such a patience and tolerant perspective.

Major kudos to this dynamic BBN momma!

6. unbridled
    9:29 am March 12, 2017 Permalink

Where can I get a shirt like hers? I love her already.

7. david midkiff
    12:47 pm March 12, 2017 Permalink

I knew the family when I taught at NHS. Bam was a student in my art class. Very pleasant young man with many friends. I wish Bam and his family the best where the future takes them.

8. Gurnade
    4:25 pm March 13, 2017 Permalink

Please, Please, Please get someone in the sports information office to get this corrected before the NCAA tournament starts! There is no such town called Little Washington! It is Washington. So tired of hearing announcer after announcer getting this incorrect. I’m sure it was filled out this way on Bam’s bio, but it’s incorrect. He is actually from Terra Ceia, but since that isn’t an incorporated town I assume Edrice went with Washington. We are all proud of him back home, but tired of being misidentified! You would think an institution of higher learning could get this correct. Fact Check!