Bam Adebayo makes it official with new statement

bam-adebayo

Yesterday there were several reports of Bam Adebayo hiring an agent and remaining in the draft, and today Adebayo confirmed those reports in an official statement through the university.

Read it for yourself:

After talking with Coach Cal, the staff and my family, I have decided it’s in my best interest to remain in the draft,” Adebayo said.

“This process we went through at Kentucky was a tough but a rewarding one. It was everything I wanted when I decided to come to Kentucky. It taught me a lot. It taught me how to be a better man on and off the court. I have improved so much since the beginning of the season thanks to the hard work of the coaching staff. They helped me with every step of the process along the way and they never gave up on me.

“I also want to thank my teammates. I couldn’t have asked for a better group to grow with. We were all like brothers. I also want to thank the fans for their support and everything they do for us. Their passion is like nothing I’ve ever seen before.”

Adebayo is projected as a late-first/early-second round draft pick, depending who you ask. If he falls to the second, he will be Calipari’s first one-and-done to drop out of the first round.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Bam Adebayo makes it official with new statement

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    12:10 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

If he falls to the second round I will be shocked. I hope the Spurs get him.

• bhb71
      12:29 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

I’d be shocked as well. On one hand, I’d like to see him go early so he makes more money on his entry-level contract. On the other hand, I’d love to see him be coached by someone like Greg Popovich or Steve Kerr., though I’d prefer that he goes somewhere that doesn’t already have several extremely talented bigs like San Antonio. Him going to the Cavs would be pretty cool too, as it wouldn’t be that hard for people to go see him play, and with a Kevin Love trade imminent, he could get lots of playing time.

• Peas and Carrots
      1:36 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

I always hope any of our players get picked up by the spurs

2. 8generationsblue
    2:06 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

Probably another one leaving a year too early.

3. UK Maine-iac
    2:17 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

Perhaps with a lower pick, Bam can go to a good team. I wish he would’ve returned (I wish they all would return), but I think his game could’ve gotten better with one more year. I wish him great success and hope he gets chosen in the 1st.

4. Ken Grizzle
    4:16 pm April 25, 2017 Permalink

I will always be a “Bam” fan. Best of luck in the up-coming selection process and may God be with you always. Thank you so much for your outstanding service for The University of Kentucky and It’s Big Blue Nation.