Another reason Kentucky needs to beat Tennessee on Saturday

Kentucky needs to beat Tennessee on Saturday for many reasons. Not only would a win build momentum and keep the Cats in the race for the SEC regular season title, it would snap a four-game losing streak in Knoxville. Kentucky hasn’t won a game in Thompson-Boling Arena since February 17, 2015, when the 38-1 team beat Donnie Tyndall’s squad 66-48. (Man, remember Donnie Tyndall?)

Turns out the Kentucky vs. Tennessee game in Knoxville has a lot of historical significance. According to UK, the Cats have never won an NCAA Championship without first beating the Vols in Thompson-Boling Arena. To take it a step further, Kentucky has never advanced to a Final Four in the John Calipari Era without winning in Knoxville.

Plus, Tennessee sucks. Go Cats.

10 Comments for Another reason Kentucky needs to beat Tennessee on Saturday

1. bbn606
    6:03 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

If we could only handle UT like we handle Louisville.

2. panicpat
    6:31 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

Tennessee=cesspool of the south

3. J. Did
    7:01 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

Coach CAL is the coach. It’s common knowledge – or it should be – that is is hard …to beat a team …3 times in a season. I would not be surprised if we took a hit – temporarily, if for the lessons, the motivation, and duration. I don’t worry about this game. I do want to see improvement out our Bigs – EJ and Nick. And our guys off the bench. Sestina. Sestina. Sestina. Brooks, Jr.. Johnny Juzang. Fellas. I don’t worry about Ashton or Immanuel. I worry about our kids – doing what they learn in the continuum for each game…..in practice ……and executing in the next challenge … which is SEC Basketball.

4. spincr4hire
    7:37 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

Low down dirty snitches

5. makeitstop
    7:38 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

It’s never ok to lose basketball games.

• makeitstop
      7:40 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

Or in the words of Dick Nixon (u don’t read that often but bare w me) “u show me a good loser, I’ll show u a loser.” Lol I know it’s just a game but it’s OUR game

6. wyatts1
    7:42 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

I believe we will dominate this game and any other game against the vols. Richard’s, Montgomery, and to a lesser extent Ashton and IQ all will be out for blood since they’ve all experienced losses (some embarassing) in previous 2 or 3 years. This will be a statement victory, and hopefully maxey will step up and start coming into march form for our team. I could give a shit less about where some players stand in the mock draft, however I do care passionately about UK and its athletes playing to their potential and proving they have some heart and some fight after all. GO CATS!!!!

7. Dr. Tom
    8:03 pm February 6, 2020 Permalink

UK won five championships without winning in Thompson-Boling Arena. Those victories came after winning in Stokely.

• CahillsCrossingNT
      7:12 am February 7, 2020 Permalink

Actually the only championship team to win at Stokely was 1978. Stokely didn’t open until 1966.

8. dudeman5000