Another Day, Another Grayson Allen Trip

Getty Image

Getty Image

Trippie Longstocking is back at it again.  A year ago against Louisville was his most blatant trip, knocking down Ray Spalding in the open floor at Cameron Indoor.  This one against Quentin Snider is a bit more subtle.

In return, he got smacked in the face.

Allen simply can’t stop, won’t stop.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

19 Comments for Another Day, Another Grayson Allen Trip

1. t_yoder55
    1:50 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Alright let’s not get carried away. I don’t like the guy and I think he should still be suspended but c’mon, stop reporting stuff like this. He obviously didn’t try to trip anyone in the video, that’s a normal basketball foul that happens all the time. The dude got tripped up in traffic. Same with the “shove” of the coach that you reported, he was just making a play on the ball. You guys need to get it together and stop making things up, because you know better.

2. frantic29
    1:56 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

That was a basketball play. Stop trying to find something in nothing. Nick Roush’s stories in general are usually non starters. Time to thin the herd a bit in the KSR offices.

3. ArtSmass
    2:12 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Am I insane or did NOTHING hit Allen in the face until he grabbed his own nose AFTER the famous Duke “violently-throw-your-head-back-to-get-the-foul-call” move? Notice, the UofL player’s hand is completely pinned when he throws his head back.

• catdaddyd
      7:33 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

He got hit when he was upright, just a millisecond before the start of the video.

4. Rixter
    2:14 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Roush, that’s a bit of a stretch.

5. Rixter
    2:17 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

OMG, does Duke SUCK! Marques Bolden got abused by the likes of Mangok Mathiang and the Egyptian! – SMH

6. CatCall
    2:24 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I agree with ArtSmass. I watched this over and over and don’t see a smack. Just acting. Worse yet he tries to hold on to the arm of the Tard to keep him from getting down court

7. ChrisHamby
    2:30 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I have watched this about 10 times and I still don’t see a trip. Allen is the worst, but let’s be accurate

8. UKfanman01
    2:46 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Didn’t see a trip in the first vid. Second vid was a huge flop and a subtle bitch smack that followed

9. CATandMONKEY
    2:58 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I watched this and the replay. Trip is a stretch and I HATE Duke.

10. Bill the Cat
    3:28 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I was watching in hopes that somehow both teams would lose but I must comment here. I watched it multiple times during the game, and have just done so again and must say, nice video edit. conveniently start AFTER the UL player catches him with the elbow in the side of the head. Gotta stand up for Allen on this one. He caught an elbow first (even Bilas said it shoulda been a foul), then the UL guy smacks him in the forehead. c’mon man, don’t attempt to fabricate controversies.

Oh, and the trip was a basketball play as so many others have pointed out.

11. Rain1940
    3:29 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

That’s not a stretch on the trip. It’s an outright misrepresentation by Roush. Losing credibility is the worst thing a writer can have happen. Do better or get out.

12. truebluefootballfan
    3:47 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Didn’t know we had so many phsycics frequenting KSR. What am I thinking and what am I about to do??? The kid is obviously spoiled punk. Maybe it was a basketball play or maybe he about tore a hamstring stretching as far as he could to kick the guys ankle while making a half heart arm flail at the ball. One thing is for sure. None of you know it all’s know for sure whether he did it intentionally or not so quit acting like you do. When you lie multiple times you get labeled a liar, when you trip people multiple times you’re a tripper. I guess Louisville didn’t hire strippers on purpos either.

13. whack0001
    3:54 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

People are getting sick of the deceitful media. I hate duke as much as the next guy but that is not a trip! Stop making things up to fit your agenda!

14. ukkatzfan
    4:20 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Grayson tripping a Lville player or anyone who writes for KSR with the name Nick does not count.

15. INCALWETRUST
    7:13 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Smack my bitch up

16. Luether
    9:32 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

As I predicted, the Cards beat Dook pretty good. Tatum and Giles still don’t have it together yet..