Andrew Harrison thinks Willie is the best center in the country

We’ve already shared Cal’s comments from today’s media opportunity, and now it’s time to hear what Andrew Harrison and Jarrod Polson had to say.  Predictably, Andrew was asked about Willie Cauley-Stein, and echoed Cal’s comments that Willie had a great practice yesterday, telling reporters “he just had a little slump and he’s probably going to get out of it tomorrow.”  Andrew said that Willie is vital to the Cats’ success, calling him “probably the best center in the country.”

Leave it to Jerry Tipton to break out the hard journalism. Jerry asked Andrew what he thought of the cold weather, to which the Houston native joked: “No one told me about this.” He added that bundling up and wearing long johns has made him appreciate the weather in Houston and summertime.

Meanwhile, Jarrod Polson told reporters how excited he is for his big night at West Jessamine High: “When they told me, I was pretty excited, and my family was pretty happy about it.  I think it will be a good night.”  When asked if he thought Jarrod was nervous, Andrew said no, and that the team was proud of him and happy to go support him.

Congrats, Jarrod!

32 Comments for Andrew Harrison thinks Willie is the best center in the country

1. me
    5:15 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Andrew Harrison is incorrect

• Clutter
      5:19 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Clutter !

• bmt22033
      5:42 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

*You*, however, are correct! Although to be fair, I guess Andrew Harrison *is* entitled to his opinion…..even if it’s wrong. 😉

2. Gavin S.
    5:19 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

It’s good to have your teammates back, but really?

3. Real Cracka
    5:22 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

He’s not even the best center on the team.

4. archie
    5:23 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

I LOVE the twins,…. but I would disagree with Andrew on that statement. I think Dakari is probably the best. I actually like both Dakari and Willie in there at the same time, along with Randle,…and with the twins and James Young covering the two guard positions. Jmo.

• Are you kidding ?
      5:28 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Willie and Dakari at the same time….what in the world are you thinking?

• archie
      5:33 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m thinking the same thing Cal was when he played them both at the same time several times early on in the season. And they were dominant when he did it for the few minutes they were in there. A BIG TEAM!!! Use your size as an advantage. Cal did it, and I liked it. Now take it up with him.

• Reply to archie
      6:43 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

I took it up with Cal and he referred to you as “clutter.”

• colonelcat
      8:24 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

“I actually like both Dakari and Willie in there at the same time, along with Randle,…and with the twins and James Young covering the two guard positions. Jmo.”

I think they play 5 on 5, unless you count the twins as a single entity. Jmo

5. LionGeneral
    5:48 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

When did “hard journalism” become a concern at KSR? Jerry Tipton’s weather question sounds a lot like the predictably stale offal that fills this site daily. You should hire him tout de suite; he’d be an immediate asset to whatever it is you’re attempting to accomplish here.

6. RealCatsFan
    5:55 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

What’s with the weird zoom-in of the camera on Jarrod’s ear? You guy’s checking for proper ear hygiene?

7. me
    6:19 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

LOL @ Real Cracka!

8. six says
    6:23 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Dakari, willie, randel, twins and young would be awesome at the same time.

• Advantage
      6:45 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

They should be really good ….given that would be a 6 man lineup for UK.

• archie
      6:46 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Got a prob with reading comprehension, huh? Well,..let me explain for those of you that might be “reading challenged”, as is the case with “six says”. You are fans too.

>>>with the twins and James Young covering the two guard positions

Two positions!!! Two!!!!! So,..you have three guards that can rotate in order to “cover” two guard positions,… as night be needed to substitute (in and for) according to fouls, injuries, or exhaustion. You know? Substitutions. Now, you are learning. Now, you get it, “six says”. See,..you can learn too. But you must be determined. P & tu.

• Duh
      6:52 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Not complicated at all. You have the twins and James Young who are guards. They can rotate in to handle the one and two positions. I got you, Archie. Advantage and six says are kind of slow witted. You night have to spell it out for them. And then they still might not understand. But that’s the world we live in. It is what it is.

• six says
      7:02 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

It was a joke but on the other hand you night be right. Nitwits.

• Duh
      7:20 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

So, six says. In addition to being a smart @ss, you are now a card carrying member of the spelling gestapo?

>>>Dakari, willie, randel, twins and young would be awesome at the same time.

Personally, I prefer Randle. But randel might one day merit more PT.

• defensive
      7:40 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Too funny. Gestapo. You are way too serious about your comments.

• Duh
      7:54 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, well. I guess we all have our flaws. But seriously, fwiw & fyi. It’s Randle,..not randel.

9. me
    6:23 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

agree with Lion, the site that brings us news in “the most ridiculous manner possible” makes fun of someone asking a out of the box question (one that Harrison was the most engaged with btw)…oh, but I guess Jerry works for the Herald Leader, so he’s not allowed to do that, only the cool kids at KSR.

10. BBN
    6:45 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, and Harrison is the best point guard in the country too. I wish they’d shut up, get in the gym, and work on defense, free throws, and passing the ball to their teammates. Stupid comments like that will cause opposing teams to take it straight at WCS. I understand backing your teammate, but don’t say that in public. Modesty is the best policy – results will show on the court.

• Moe Moleman
      6:47 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Boo-urns

11. KG
    6:47 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

If you negative ass holes don’t like what’s posted here take your sorry asses and your spiteful comments to another site.

12. Bubba Earl
    7:26 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Pass me ur meds Mr. [email protected]#@%$^&

13. Casper
    7:30 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Andrew’s statement explains a lot about his basketball IQ.

14. katdaddy
    10:18 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

R U kidding me? I agree with 13.

15. preston
    10:41 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

Wow. You guys are the worst f’n fan base this season. What the crap happened to our uk fans who support our team and restrain from making bad comments about the players. Yall are losers. N Its sad that all yall have done this season is talk down about these players. If I was a player I would be like why the f*** would I wanna go to uk. Oh I forgot. You guys can play ball with the best of them huh? All of you on here who is negative yall are better than wcs or andrew. Plz shut up. Stop hating on them your just mad because yall never had talent like that. N willie had a couple of bad games. But andrew is right. But joel embiid is top. But if willie plays with motivation the rest of the season he will be top center in college bball. There is only two centers in college. That willie and joel. If you guys knew bball like you act like you do, then you would know that. Get a clue chumps. Willie and hoel are the only two centers being talked about in draft stock. So I’m pretty sure he’s doing something right..

16. Just saying
    10:57 pm January 24, 2014 Permalink

You guys are trashing Harrison for saying WCS is the best center in the country? What was he supposed to say? If he had said otherwise you would have called him selfish.

17. ukfaninohio
    1:29 am January 25, 2014 Permalink

Man I hope our fan base isn’t as dumb as those who come to this site….I can hope right??

18. Sonny
    7:46 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Willie is without doubt one of the best centers in college, those that tend to put him down are those that don’t have any future for themselves and choose to put others down for company. Must be a hoosier or loser from the ville. Sad LOL