After Dancing Guy’s incident, UK outlaws dancing in the aisles

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 11.45.57 AM

This morning, I shared an update on Dancing Guy (Darren Moscoe) from one of his friends, who said UK contacted Darren a few days ago to tell him he can’t dance on the rails or on the stairs in Rupp anymore. WKYT just posted a statement from UK saying that all fans must keep the stairways and entry and exit ways clear:

UK Athletics is aware of the accident involving two fans in the lower bowl at Tuesday night’s game vs. Georgia. EMS officials on-site evaluated all involved parties following the accident. To provide all guests with a safe and enjoyable experience, UK Athletics is emphasizing that all fans keep stairways and entry and exit ways clear. We ask that all patrons please be respectful and considerate of their fellow fans.

This is probably for the best, and it should be pointed out that Dancing Guy is still allowed to dance in his seat.

In case you missed it earlier this week, the girl that fell with Dancing Guy, 10-year-old Aubrey Derrickson, told WKYT that she wants Darren to keep dancing:

“I think it hurt him more than it hurt me. When he came down he was breathing really hard,” she said. “I want him to keep dancing. I don’t want him to stop and I did see the video, the apology, video that he posted and that was so sad it really almost made me cry.”

#DancingInTheSeatGuy?

[WKYT]

21 Comments for After Dancing Guy’s incident, UK outlaws dancing in the aisles

1. empiremaker
    1:10 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

good.

2. Kyreds
    1:13 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

BOO He was part of the Wildcats culture!! That’s a shame!!

• the ghost of Bill Hicks
      1:31 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Care to list the components of the Wildcats culture?

3. ukkatzfan
    1:15 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

pull out the AK-47 to kill a fly.

• Nerds
      4:49 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

It appears you know nothing about risk management.

4. Realme
    1:30 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

That’s a shame, but I can see why they did this. Even if he promised not to involve others any more, they can’t allow the risk of him hurting himself to continue. As to whether he can dance in his seat, of course he can. They said nothing about that. Until accidentally elbows someone in the face, that is.

5. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    1:30 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

GOOD!

6. Game Changer
    1:47 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Ladies and Gentlemen

Simple case of how one f uck ing idiot ruins it for everyone. Way to go Jack a ss. Just like the damn terrorists… I have to fly every weekend and now I have to show up 2 hours before my flight to have TSA massage my balls… Thanks a lot fu cking Bin Laden… hahahahah.

• Booby Petrino
      1:49 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

are you serious about calling him an idiot? Did you miss the part where he has had brain cancer and is slow as a result? What a d*ck you are.

• cjruk1
      1:59 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Game Changer is a troll. Nothing to see here. Just ignore him and move along.

• Frank Lucas
      2:43 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Get Pre Check you peasant. I fly a lot as well. Put over 130K last year and at 15K this year.

I fly out of IAD and make it thru in 10 minutes max, DCA in 5.

7. Booby Petrino
    1:47 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Sucks, but understandable. I feel bad for him, dancing at these games was probably the highlight of his life. I guess this also means no dancing at Memorial, bc he was always at the women’s games dancing too.

8. lexslamman
    2:06 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

BBN loves Darren. The cheerleaders or the dance team should bring him down to the court to dance during that timeout. If they’ll dance with Dickie V, they should dance with Darren M.

• UKBoo
      3:26 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Logged in to say the same thing. This is an easy fix and a win win. Bring him down to the floor for a timeout dance.

9. Sentient Third Eye
    2:09 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

All they really needed was to set two simple rules:

1. Don’t touch the rails.

2. Don’t pick people up.

This is overkill.

10. MadScientist
    2:20 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

The only surprise is it took this long to announce! You can’t have people sliding on rails and dancing on stairs. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Thankfully no one was seriously injured! Dance in your seat if you must… like the other 23,500 fans.

11. jman3715
    2:36 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Can we now also ban Mony Mony. It’s not 1986 anymore. I think that was the last time the changed the script for timeout entertainment.

• Jaxxon1973
      3:13 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

+1,000,000 (registered as a user just to agree with you)

12. catsarerunnin
    3:23 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Guess he got derailed….

13. Megan
    4:24 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Dropping the 10-year-old girl was such an embarrassment to the school (and to me), this comes as good news.

• UKfanman01
      8:39 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

You are an embarrassment to UK and it’s fans and your stupid comment makes me ashamed to be associated with you in any way shape or form. The girl doesn’t have hard feelings and neither did her parents. They’re the only opinions that matter in this case as last time I checked they’re the only people directly involved so go post stupidity somewherr else.