Nike shows off UK’s new uniforms for the Florida Gameday game

@nikebasketball

@nikebasketball

@nikebasketball

Nike Basketball tweeted out this picture of their new Hyper Elite Dominance Uniforms, which will hit the court in February.  Kentucky will wear theirs for the Gameday game against Florida on February 15th.

What do you think of Kentucky’s?  I dig it.

66 Comments for Nike shows off UK’s new uniforms for the Florida Gameday game

1. Aldirt
    3:03 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Why are MSU, Duke and UNC the only ones with an American flag on the uni? UK, OSU, Oregon and Cuse must hate America (going by the logic used during the election a few years back)

• We Hang Banners
      3:36 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Finally nike didn’t poop the bed. Love them.

• Elk
      9:15 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Some conferences require the American flag in a certain spot on the jersey; others do not.

2. DT in DC
    3:03 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Other than the arched Kentucky instead of the straight Kentucky, is here much difference? I actually really like the mismatched top and bottoms like ‘Cuse has.

• yep...
      3:05 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Didn’t change much for UK. Way to break the mold, Nike.

• dean smith
      3:30 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I am ok with the arched ‘Kentucky’ and I am so glad that they did not mismatch our pants and jersey. I would hate to run out on the court looking like I got dressed in the dark or that the equipment manager packed the wrong color pants. Therefore, I am very pleased that at least OUR uniforms look just fine!

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      3:38 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Those are the same style when Kentucky first went with Nike. Those were the style when UK won the title in 98.

• @RUPPS_rhetoric
      4:13 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Ehhhh… if you’re referring to the arched Kentucky then yeah… but that is the only thing similar to the title ’98 jerseys. Oh and the fact that they are white.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      4:41 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Round neck, vertical blue-white/gray-blue strip on shorts and under arm-pits. 98 stripes were a little thicker, but it’s pretty much the same design. Nice try though.

3. RawDawg
    3:03 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Can we try wearing these without the name on the back and see what happens?

• Rick
      3:28 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Well said.

• idontflinch
      4:35 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

You know what? For one game, for the special uniforms, no less, that is an excellent idea. Not necessarily as punishment, but as an exercise in team unity by having only one name on their jerseys and it is the one on the front. It would be nice if someone could see what Coach Cal thinks of that. I wouldn’t doubt if he at least considered it.

4. BobKYCats
    3:06 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Finally, an alternate uniform that is awesome. None of those pajama uniforms adidas unveiled last March, nor the practice uniforms that Nike did. These are great throwbacks.

• idontflinch
      4:40 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I agree. Although I have liked UK’s other alternate uniforms, too, this one might be my favorite.

5. Mr. Wrestling II
    3:06 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Out of those pictured, I think UK’s are the weakest . . . really like the Mich State ones. Nike always makes sure Oregon stands out (name below number).

• idontflinch
      4:50 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

You like the name below the number? Not me. And I think MSU’s are butt ugly. The only good thing about theirs is the jersey and shorts are the same color which cannot be said for OSU, Oregon and Syracuse. I like UK’s double slit at the bottom of their shorts leg. Duke’s no slit with the solid blue white blue band at the bottom looks like something you would see on a pair generic boxers.

6. asdf
    3:06 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

All of these seem to be retro-themed.

7. Real talk
    3:07 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Their the 1998 uk uniforms. I dig em

• scrap doodle
      5:03 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

They’re

8. kybb
    3:07 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, they’re practically the same as our regular ones. I was hoping they’d just roll these out:

9. Retro
    3:12 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

These are great. They show the tradition with its simpleness. Should make those jersey critics happy here at UK. UK Basketball has tradition and I’m glad it is shown in the jerseys. UK Football does not yet have tradition, so fans that criticize the new Grey uniforms need to realize that.

10. Mark J. Burke
    3:16 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I am shocked that I actually like these for UK. I don’t like the mismatched colors for Ohio State, Oregon, and Syracuse. I did like the all blue uniforms we had against Baylor, but we lost the game so we probably will not see those again. I just wonder if these are game day only, or if this is the new look. I may be in the minority, but I have not liked the checkerboard since it was introduced. The only jerseys I don’t mind the checkerboard on is the black football jerseys.

11. trey
    3:16 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Did Duke’s change at all? And we have to get a new design for our jerseys at some point.

12. SuperTroy
    3:17 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Virtually no difference. What a drag. If you’re going to make them an alternate jersey for one game, make them special/different. Would’ve loved to see a 70’s, 80’s or 90’s throwback like some of the others.

13. Boring
    3:19 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

So. Basic. And. Boring.

• d smith
      3:38 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

….just like you, Boring! They are throw backs uniforms, dude! They are not suppose to be the uniforms designed while taking LSD. In your defense, pot smokers would find these throw backs a little boring.

• @d smith
      4:08 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

The only thing “throw back” about these are the arch kentucky… Go look at the some previous uniforms before you hopped on the bandwagon recently and you’ll see there were a lot more options.
      So yeah, *real* throw backs. yayyyyyyy. I’d hate to see your wardrobe.

14. Cousins Fake Tooth
    3:22 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Id dig it. If it was 1952.

15. JIMMIEUKFAN
    3:22 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I prefer the arched “KENTUCKY” than the straight line version. I’m 44 so I don’t know how old school I am but these uniforms are the best NIKE has put out a while. I like each version for each school.

16. Thomas
    3:25 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Sterile and generic, but what do you expect? NIke execs do not really understand enough of our history to really create anything great and our primary logo with the interlocked U and K is terrible and has been since the early 2000s. I really like the older logo or the wildcat logo from the 1970s.

17. Truck
    3:26 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

No complaints with ours…Syracuse’s though…yuck.

• Rockfield, Ky
      5:18 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I actually like Cuse’s the best. Their shorts are by far the best of the group.

18. WalkersGoggles
    3:26 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I’ve always preferred the arched KENTUCKY

19. John Longard
    3:31 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Why do these companies always have to stick some grey on our uniforms? We’re blue and white?

• trey
      3:40 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Its barely noticable. I bet you hated the black football jerseys too.

20. The Always Complaining Fan
    3:31 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

White is not our color – we are Blue!

I can’t believe this!

Rupp is spinning in his grave right now!

• Dingo
      3:56 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

White is our color for home games.

• SARCASM
      4:43 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Dingo, do you know who I am??

21. K2da
    3:33 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Did Nike just take all the leftovers from Value City? Used to see this crap in the 80’s on the rack for 13.95

22. 2mites
    3:39 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

UK’s should be black for our funeral. If Cats keep playing like they don’t give a damn that game is over by halftime.

23. Ryan
    3:40 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

What the??

24. RUPPS_rhetoric
    3:40 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Good god there are some negative Nancies on this thread. You’re bitching because there isn’t a big difference in the jerseys?!?! Outside of the end of Pitino era, our uniforms have been pretty plain; and guess what, there’s nothing wrong with that.

25. frank the tank
    3:42 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

OLD SCHOOL FLAVOR WITH A NEW SCHOOL TWIST!!!!!

26. Casey
    3:43 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

When are we gonna bring back the denim???

• Uncle Jesse
      3:56 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I second this vote. BRING BACK THE DENIM!!!!

• idontflinch
      4:57 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

If we are taking votes, my vote is nay on the denim.

27. Devin
    3:48 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Why can’t we try something “daring” I loved the “cat scratch” uniforms…. Those were fresh! There wasn’t any major change going on here. However, I do agree that we should never mix and match with the jersey and pants.

28. Old Man
    3:50 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Our colors are BLUE and WHITE not titanium and periwinkle.

29. mark adams
    3:51 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

finally the arch Kentucky across the chest …traditional

30. CATSCATSCATS
    3:53 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Looks like I’m one of the few that actually likes it. Very classy. Personally I think this jersey right here should stay exactly the same until the end of time. This has basically been the look for decades, and it works. *See New York Yankees

31. BigBlueAces
    3:55 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Diggin’ em! What’s with the blue on Oregon’s shorts? Even with that, I’d like a pair.

32. JayOne
    4:05 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I like the arched Kentucky, that is our classic look. But why are our uniforms Blue and White? Oh, I forgot those are our school colors. dang it.

33. Elk
    4:37 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

The arch kills my OCD… This will make the game even harder to watch.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      4:45 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

How did you ever watch them prior to Billy Clyde coming to town?

34. Gmax
    4:43 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I really like the arched Kentucky better than the straight across Kentucky. The arched is what they were back in the original glory days.

• CATSCATSCATS
      4:53 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Agreed!

35. Blue
    5:10 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Take these jerseys, and combine them with Ohio State’s shorts with blue and white trim and a block K on the leg.

36. check it
    5:37 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Aside from the blue britches, the cursive script should be mandatory on the Syracuse unis….echos Sherman Douglas to Derrick Coleman, honorable mention to ‘Tender’ Roni Seikley….

37. roundball fool
    6:13 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

nice update on a cats classic!

38. sarah
    6:29 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Snoozer…vanilla….boring. Minus Duke, all of the other unis are better.

39. KYKiller
    7:23 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I HATE the straight Kentucky across the jersey and have since the came out, so the arched look is classic and traditional. I likey

40. Cking9698
    9:34 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

These uniforms suck ass just like the ones we normally wear.
    The Uk theme established is tired…it’s been around nice the Hal Mumme days.

I would love to see some more retro…..78 team maybe?

What would be he bomb would be to get some design inspiration from Issels old Kentucky Co. teams.

A classy Kentucky in CURSIVE design….would be sweet.

Nikes designs straight up are lame…..they are the Honda accord of athletic wear.

Too bad PUMA doesn’t sponsor teams…..that would be some serious swag.

41. Buckets
    10:59 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Those Oregon unis make me wanna vomit.

42. Trey
    1:42 am January 31, 2014 Permalink

It’s about time. This is reminiscent of the previous era uni’s (Tubby years). I like the graphic of KENTUCKY across the chest in a semi-ellipse, rather than this straight across stuff. Excited for this, hopefully it sticks.

43. dnabtydhgs
    6:10 pm January 31, 2014 Permalink

nice, but disappointed. These are NOT throwback to any former uk jerseys. I was hoping for denim, of rhte striped ones, anything. We always get that same plain jersey