A De’Aaron Fox and Mychal Mulder update

fox-mulder

Everyone wants to know the status of De’Aaron Fox, Mychal Mulder, and Sacha Killeya-Jones heading into Saturday’s game at Florida, and we’ve got an update on at least two of them. Matt’s hearing that Fox (flu) is feeling better and the staff is “cautiously optimistic” that he and Mulder (illness) will be able to play Saturday. No word on Sacha Killeya-Jones (flu).

The deciding factor may be if Fox and Mulder practice today, but according to our source, there’s the “working assumption” Kentucky will have both in Gainesville Saturday night, which is very, very good news.

Cross your fingers…

13 Comments for A De’Aaron Fox and Mychal Mulder update

1. LegggoooCats
    11:02 am February 2, 2017 Permalink

Am I the only one who thinks it’s a bit odd that Fox and SKJ have both been out with the flu, but for Mulder they only say “illness.” I hope the kid hasn’t gotten in Cal’s doghouse, or in any trouble. Me personally, I like Mulder and the threat that he is from deep, plus giving us much needed depth. It feels like Cal never really has gone to him enough though.

• Hartline
      11:28 am February 2, 2017 Permalink

He definitely has mono and or some other slightly embarrassing disease that could be contracted when you got the entire campus thirsting after you.

• Mathlete
      11:40 am February 2, 2017 Permalink

If he did have mono he’d be done for the year, you don’t fully recover from that for weeks even after you’re not contagious anymore

• Blue_Cat75
      12:45 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

As long as his spleen isn’t swollen, he can resume normal activity.

• catsarerunnin
      7:37 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

Thank you Dr. 75.

2. david8577
    11:57 am February 2, 2017 Permalink

I’ve been assuming mono too. Bummer for the kid and the team if he really won’t recover for a couple months.

3. satcheluk
    4:11 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

Coming off flu or mono (I had both in college) I wouldn’t expect too much from an endurance perspective.

4. UKSam
    5:07 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

I also wonder if some of the other players were fighting some minor cold/flu like illnesses this week. Tuesday’s game was so disjointed it was hard to tell but some of the moves Cal made seemed to be about saving energy instead of match ups or performance. I may have just been the lack of normal depth but it felt like something more.

• southalcat
      6:08 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

I agree. Remember when we played SC and the announcers said the whole team was playing through illness? I worried out loud about being in contact with them.

5. andrew88
    6:57 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

The whole Mulder situation has been fishy. I assume mono too, but it was just strange how immediately when Tom asked Cal about him on Tuesday night’s post-game show, he just said “yeah, he’s gonna be out another 10 days” and then changed the topic. Clearly everyone is trying to keep off the Mulder topic. It all just seems odd to me…

6. Jiminy Crickets
    6:59 pm February 2, 2017 Permalink

isn’t it a little bit weirs that we have a player go out with “undisclosed illness” every season. I may be wrong but this seems like the 3rd or 4th year in a row

• Jiminy Crickets