A cool moment between Willie and a young fan

IMG_5723

I hope you guys aren’t getting tired of these stories about the players and young fans, because I’m not. During Willie Cauley-Stein’s media session, a young UK fan in a wheelchair came in with his father and gazed at Willie in awe from the corner, and after Willie was done with his interviews, Willie sat with him for a little bit and took a picture.

Apologies for the super shaky video (there were people jostling all around me to get a picture), but here’s footage of the cool moment:

7 Comments for A cool moment between Willie and a young fan

1. jonthes
    5:25 pm April 3, 2015 Permalink

You know I’ve met a few former UK players who were not of high character, and three of the former coaches suspect at least, but Willie and this team are special people. Win or lose.

2. erinlynne
    5:31 pm April 3, 2015 Permalink

I noticed WCS was late to the team press conference after this, so I’m assuming that’s why. Just another testament to the fact that these kids are succeeding at LIFE even more than basketball.

3. jonthes
    5:32 pm April 3, 2015 Permalink

Longer video via Twitter.

4. BTownUKFan
    7:17 pm April 3, 2015 Permalink

I know one of the mantras for Cal is for the players to give back and this group has taken that to heart. I’m really going to miss this bunch and I hope enough hang around to preach the message to the next group.
    GO CATS !!

5. ciggy
    7:05 am April 4, 2015 Permalink

That’s one thing I’ve been so impressed over the time we’ve been lucky enough to have Cal as a coach, he seems to go after kids with the biggest hearts and just all around good men. I’m always reading stuff about how they are giving back to the communities they become a part of. Cousins is always doing something good for kids in his area, same goes for all the rest.

We have seem some of the best talent come through, and that means something, but we’ve seen some of the best MEN come through as well, and that means more.

6. Sutherland
    9:51 am April 4, 2015 Permalink

Mrs. TT…If I bring WCS and this very very special UK fan to your house will you make us a Sandwich…Special fan would like a BIG Hamburger with UK written on top with Ketchup…You are great and so are Our Special Fans and Players…

7. bharlan24
    11:14 am April 4, 2015 Permalink

Willie for President, enough said.