It’s officially official: The Bluegrass Boys have qualified for The Basketball Tournament. Thanks to 3,244 votes from the fans, the former Cats (and Chane Behanan) will take their talents to St. Xavier University in Chicago for the Midwest Regional on July 16-17th.
A look at the complete roster, along with some late coaching additions:
- John Calipari, Booster
- Mark Krebs, GM
- Derek Anderson, Coach
- Marquis Estill, Coach
- Derrick Jasper, Coach (reportedly)
- Shagari Alleyne, Center
- Perry Stevenson, Center
- Erik Daniels, Small Forward
- Kevin Galloway, Small Forward
- Chane Behanan, Power Forward
- Joe Crawford, Shooting Guard
- Ramel “Smooth” Bradley, Point Guard
- Marquis Teague, Point Guard
The Bluegrass Boys will rely on their size. It’s probably not the best strategy in a tournament will running guards will dominate, but the combination of Teague, Bradley and Crawford should be enough to cut ’em up in Chicago.
If The Bluegrass Boys can advance, the next step to $2 million is in Philadelphia July 21-23, with the final four in New York July 30-August 2.