You’re not winning until Coach Cal signs your wedding garter

cal-sign

One lucky UK fan was quite surprised at his wedding over the weekend when his wife revealed that Coach Cal had signed their engagement photo and her wedding garter. Calipari signed a second garter for the groom to toss out to his bachelor buddies at the reception.

Step your game up, ladies.

cal-garter

Congrats to Brandon Galloway and the angel he married.

You outkicked your coverage, man.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for You’re not winning until Coach Cal signs your wedding garter

1. Michael
    10:17 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

You guys consistantly rip on Clay Travis don’t steal his lines. He’s most likly going to rip this picture

2. Bulldawg
    10:27 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

who’s clay travis? is he a country music singer or something?

3. The Bank is Open
    10:28 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

2- he’s a DB on 104.5 The Zone based out of Nashville. Major UK hater.

4. Bryan in Houston
    10:41 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

A big congratulations to the couple. May they enjoy a lifetime of love and family.

5. Michael
    10:46 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

2. He’s one of the best sec writers in the country and he rips on dumb redneck fans which sadly is many uk fans. his site is great called out kick the coverage, he’s a UT fan but knows what he’s talking about if you look at it with an unbiased opinion you’ll like it but you’re most likely a dumb red neck who thinks he’s a gay terrorist like 80% of his twitter followers.

6. Bubbashine
    11:02 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Bet that garter was fought over like no other. Big Blue congrats to the lucky couple.

7. dave
    11:07 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

1,5-clay travis didnt invent the term “outkick the coverage” so lets just calm down.
    but lets call clay what he is: someone who VERY transparently and continually bashes everyone in SEC as “hillbillies, white trash, etc” while then saying you think he’s a “gay terrorist” if you disagree or think the act is tiresome.
    hes like a smug hipster who just talks the same trash bc no one has hit him in the mouth

8. bigbleedsblue
    11:08 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

Michael, any chance you are married to this Clay Travis guy?

9. Justin
    11:10 pm April 22, 2013 Permalink

I think I’m going to have to get my wife to marry me again…

10. henry earl
    3:03 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

#5 >he rips on dumb redneck fans

>he’s a UT fan

lmao

11. Craig McKinney
    8:37 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Galloway – I thought that was you in the picture. My brother you certainly did outkick your coverage. Congrats to you and the little lady.

12. RealCatsFan
    8:38 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

What I REALLY want to know is, was she WEARING the garter when Coach Cal signed it? Oh wait, that’s right, we aren’t talking about Rick Pitino here!

#6, I have been to wedding receptions where a group of unwilling bachelors was herded onto the dance floor and they parted like the red sea for the garter to land uncaught on the floor, only to be snatched up by a nearby 10-year-old boy. My guess is that it didn’t happen like that at this wedding!

13. Houston Wildcat
    8:48 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

11- I was the groom. I didn’t know when I threw it so everyone let my little brother catch it. After I threw it she told me there was another one for me! My friends said they would’ve run my little brother over to get it!

14. Игорь
    9:02 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Очень жалко что Кентукки проиграли Роберту Морису в NIT

15. Nadalie
    10:59 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Congrats, Brandon!! I heard your dad on KSR this morning and as soon as he said my son is a huge fan in Houston, I instantly knew it was you.

16. Lisa B
    11:04 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Way to go Kayla and Brandon!!!!

17. Sherri E
    11:16 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to Brandon & Kayla!

18. MH in Houston
    11:27 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

I was at the wedding. It was a blast. I’m married, but if I would have known it was signed I probably would have been out there trying to catch it. Congrats Brandon and Kayla and have fun on your trip! You know who this is…so hit us up when you get back.

19. CATHY GALLOWAY
    11:49 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

I’m the Mother of the Groom and he came home in a UK t-shirt so this is the icing on the cake. Love to Brandon and Kayla.

20. CATHY GALLOWAY
    11:50 am April 23, 2013 Permalink

I meant to say he came home from the hospital when he was born in a UK tshirt, Makes a lot more sense. LOL