Your friendly Christmas break Erupption Zone ticket reminder

uksanta-hat

In case you had forgotten about the special since last season, UK is once again making Erupption Zone tickets available to the general public for the basketball games over Christmas break. Tickets for the next three games [Samford (Tomorrow), Loyola-MD (Thurs. at 1 p.m.), and Lamar (Dec. 28)] will be available for purchase at the Rupp Arena box office on the day of the game.

The tickets are $5 each, and each person must be present in line to purchase one of them. They’ll go on sale 90 minutes before game time and must be purchased with straight cash, homey. It’s a great way to see the Cats for a ridiculously low price, and I would encourage everyone to get in on the deal so there are actually some people in the end zone for the games. I’d especially encourage you to make it out for tomorrow and next Wednesday’s games, but not so much for the one Thursday afternoon because I’m thinking about making the drive from Louisville and I’ll be pretty upset if you guys buy them all out before I can get there.

General admission tickets are also still available for the Samford and Loyola games, according to UK Athletics. Once the SEC season gets started tickets will be hard to come by, so this may be your best and most economical way to see the Cats this season if you haven’t already. Just don’t buy them all before I get mine. Seriously.

[UK Athletics]

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

12 Comments for Your friendly Christmas break Erupption Zone ticket reminder

1. DB11
    6:29 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Thank you, I was wondering about that

2. bigbluwildcatkyblutitle8wldbgreatiluvcayts
    6:39 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

I’m there Thursday homie, I’ll be wearing blue!;)

3. The Rich White Man in Control
    6:52 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Are they really on sale??? Point blank, period?????

4. hammerhead
    6:52 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

My friend is giving us his student tickets for this game. I will be able to get in if I don’t go to UK correct?

5. Me
    6:58 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Thinking about doing this. Is there a legit chance of getting tickets? Or is it just a crap shoot? Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen to your answer.

6. Nick Papageorgio
    7:03 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Homey or Homie?

7. Me2
    8:11 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

#5 I second that thought. Anyone know if you gotta be in line like 3hrs before??

8. GoBigBlue
    8:57 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

We usually get there 1.5-2 hours early, and are in pretty easily. Hopefully they will do what they did during the Thanksgiving break this year. Let us get our wristbands, and return later for our spot in line. Last year, we had to wait out in the freezing cold for 2 hours. They wouldn’t let you sit, and then as soon as you got your tickets, you went to the erupption zone where you also can’t sit. It was a very long day. And you had to dress warm for standing outside, and then it’s roasting inside. It’s just better all around if you can go do your own thing and then come back to lineup before the tickets go on sale.

9. Lord Vern, Master of the Universe
    8:59 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Don’t forget in the Erupption Zone you must stand during the entire game.

10. C-A-T-S Cats Cats Cats
    9:11 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

4) You need to have a UK student id. They check them like crazy so be prepared. I graduated last year so I don’t know what its like this year but all previous years they have been very strict on checking the ids. They don’t look to closely at them though so you could always borrow one for the game.

11. Me
    9:12 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for the info guys!

12. gokycats33
    9:13 am December 20, 2011 Permalink

I’ll be there Thursday for my 1st game at Rupp! So excited!