Your 2013 NBA Draft early entries list

The deadline for underclassmen to entry this summer’s NBA Draft has come and gone. If you were interested in leaving for the league, you had until midnight ┬áto notify the people who needed to be notified of your departure. I’m sorry if you waited too late. Maybe next year.

Here’s an unofficial list of this year’s early entrants for the 2013 NBA Draft. The NBA will release an official list later this week.

And because I care about you, I bolded the names we would’ve seen next season had those players returned to school.

*****

Steven Adams, Pittsburgh, Fr.
C.J. Aiken, St. Joseph’s Jr.
Anthony Bennett, UNLV, Fr.
Vander Blue, Marquette, Jr.
Lorenzo Brown, N.C. State, Jr.
Reggie Bullock, North Carolina, Jr.
Trey Burke, Michigan, So.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia, So.
Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse, So.
Allen Crabbe, California, Jr.
Dewayne Dedmon, USC, Jr.
Gorgui Dieng, Louisville, Jr.
Jamaal Franklin, San Diego State, Jr.
Archie Goodwin, Kentucky, Fr.
Tim Hardaway Jr., Michigan, Jr.
Grant Jerrett, Arizona, Fr.
Myck Kabongo, Texas, So.
Shane Larkin, Miami, So.
Ricky Ledo, Providence, Fr.
Alex Len, Maryland, So.
C.J. Leslie, N.C. State, Jr.
Amath M’Baye, Oklahoma, Jr.
Ray McCallum, Detroit, Jr.
Ben McLemore, Kansas, Fr.
Tony Mitchell, North Texas, So.
Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA, Fr.
Nerlens Noel, Kentucky, Fr.
Victor Oladipo, Indiana, Jr.
Kelly Olynyk, Gonzaga, Jr.
Norvel Pelle, LA City Prep (Calif.)
Otto Porter, Georgetown, So.
Marshawn Powell, Arkansas, RS Jr.
Phil Pressey, Missouri, Jr.
Andre Roberson, Colorado, Jr.
Trevis Simpson, UNC-Greensboro, Jr
Tony Snell, New Mexico, Jr.
Adonis Thomas, Memphis, Jr.
DeShaun Thomas, Ohio State, Jr.
B.J. Young, Arkansas, Jr.
Cody Zeller, Indiana, So.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Your 2013 NBA Draft early entries list

1. Delk for 3
    11:02 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

Archie has got his work cut out for him. There are some very nice guards on this list.

2. Mc
    11:07 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

Drew-I think you have a few typos. There are quite a few players with Fr. at the end, but I thought UK was the only school that accepts one-and-done’s? This is crazy. Who knew?

3. Dwight the blur
    11:14 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

40 players leaving early and all of them have been told they are going in the first round. That is crazy.

4. Catlanta
    11:15 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

40 entries for 30 first round spots. And that doesn’t even count the Seniors or the international players. Some of these kids might not even get drafted.

5. Duuuuuuude
    11:22 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

Every person involved in these kids lives has a financial interest to be gained by the kids that turn early. All the feedback the kids hear is that they are playing for free in college, that they are the best player, that they will be rich, etc. I doubt they are receiving much unbiased feedback. Sad.

6. 9-asty
    11:27 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

So dumb for some of these guys to go early. Unless you’re picked in the first round you’re not gauranteed a roster spot, and even then the late first founders will probably spend time in the D League.

7. Big Mike in The Wood
    11:30 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

Even more reasons Russ Smith is crazy for staying

8. UKBlue1!
    11:33 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

I saw David Stern on TV yesterday bragging about the NBA one and done rule. They don’t give a rats rear about these kids. There will be 10 on this list NOT event get drafted and another 10 that will never see a NBA floor. Stern basically told the NCAA presidents to kiss his Butt. It is ashame because a lot of the kids have the talent to play for a degree and they would still be able to play in the D league in 2 or 3 years or overseas. A lot of agents giving bad advice and ruining good opportunities.

9. KevinM
    11:38 am April 29, 2013 Permalink

After watching some dreadful college seniors game this year, it is probably more than likely the entire 1st round will be 28 non-seniors…so not far fetched considering who shows the best in these draft camps.
    Archie is on the edge of the last part of the 1st round….at best.

10. Shaffer
    12:30 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Interesting to see Ricky Ledo from Providence is going. Didn’t play this year due to eligibility concerns, but thought he would be there for our game next year. Was a kid who I remember people talk about how good he was offensively. Be interesting to see how the draft turns out for him.

11. The NCAA Sucks
    12:33 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I don’t blame Shabaz or Kabongo for going pro. Seemed as if the NCAA didn’t want either in school! Yes the 1 and done rule needs some changing, but so does the NCAA rules. I think it was Odom who said he wanted to play college ball but the NCAA didn’t want him. I think some kids like Enes the NCAA makes up their mind that they don’t want them!

12. The NCAA Sucks
    12:39 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#8 I don’t know if you can remember recruiting before the one and done rule but It sucked. A school could have a class like the one we have now and not even get any of them on campus. Just ask Pitino Telfair cost him Rondo then went pro.
    Is the rule perfect no but it’s a lot better then it was. I do think the rule needs tweaked but I hope it doesn’t go back to the old rule. Believe it or not but this rule has been good for college basketball compaired to the way it was!

13. Common Sense
    12:41 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I’m wondering who the Norvel Pelle guy from LA City Prep will go…

14. Tebkats
    1:07 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

There will be a lot of people going to Europe next season.

15. Laker Cat 18
    2:02 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s hilarious that Shabazz Muhammad is listed as going #9 to Minnesota on some mock drafts. He made that decision when he chose UCLA over UK. Could have been #1 or #2 had he went this direction in my opinion.

16. UKBlue1!
    2:46 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#12 I go back to era of Moses Malone and Darryl Dawkins. The one year rule is ok. I have a problem with the agents and the greed that’s involved in AAU ball. Most of the guys going to college have 1 or 2 handlers in their ear before they are seniors in high school. The whole mess needs to be cleaned up. The NBA would benefit from a two year and college would also benefit.