You Have Seen Shabazz Play, Now See Him Talk

He notes in the video above why he is considering UNLV and what it is about Kentucky that he particularly likes.

Article written by Matt Jones

30 Comments for You Have Seen Shabazz Play, Now See Him Talk

1. hersheyisabear
    9:37 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

He is coming to Kentucky.

2. afidler
    9:40 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

First guy… “Shabazz is considering going to rfusfusufsdmlfh”

3. Yodaisgreen
    9:40 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Coming to Kentucky he is.

4. slim
    9:41 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

That kid can really speak well for his age. You can tell he is really an intelligent person. Plus he can flat out play! We have to get him!!!

5. TampaCat
    9:48 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I hope his decision is with our CATS!!!

6. ColoradoCat
    9:48 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

7. Jim e mack
    9:49 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I totally understand him stringing every team in the nation along when he is in the driver seat, but don’t fall in to the trap and pull a Lebron and take your talents somewhere as a favor. Learn from last years #1 and realize the next level is about learning and being humble. If he wants to sing with UNLV beat up on teams like San Diego State, Wichita State and Hawaii (nice road trip) so be it. It won’t make him better. I would actually think more of him for choosing a team like Duke where he would have to work, more than a team like UCLA… (really?!? seriously?!?) the fact that UCLA and UNLV are still in the mix raises more doubts about him than makes me think he is smart and rational.

8. Alamo_Catfan
    9:50 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Hoosiers lose third straight…punked on road at Neb.

9. Bazzz
    9:50 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Add Shabazz and Bennett. That’s a preseason #1.

10. rodgers
    9:52 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

i hope he is a cat next year… far and away the best player next year… we will contend for a title again next year if we add Bazz and one of the Parker/Bennett/Jefferson trio

11. why
    9:53 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Argh. I really want Bazz, but I think UNLV is the place. It seems like he has always tried to come up with a reason to not like UNLV, but hasn’t found it. Their success this year is paying off big time.

12. Duuuuuude
    10:00 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Rob Lowe has announced that Shabazz is going to commit to Kentucky!

13. Jim e mack
    10:07 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#15 yeah, and that’s what holds us back. #12 is what I’m least proud of when it comes to UK.

14. Dan Dakich
    10:16 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I watch tape. Nebraska over Indiana was not an upset. I have seen upsets and that was no upset. And no, I will not explain myself. I used to coach.

15. ak40099
    10:18 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

this is not a high school kid. this is a 26yr old pretending to still be in high school…

16. Michael Kidd-Langford
    10:23 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Shabazz is smart enough to realize playing at a major program with major media exposure is the best thing for him to get to the next level. Playing at UNLV in the Mountain West isn’t going to get you there.

It’s gonna come down to us and Dook. I really hope he’ll make the right choice and step right into MKG’s freshly vacated shoes next year.

17. World Wide Wes
    10:31 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

We are going to use the same “bag man” for Shabazz that we used for Jones. It cost a fortune, but he will be a Cat.

18. catfan68
    10:45 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Hey #17 if you want to talk about a “bag man” buying recruits, maybe you should ask Strong and Hurtt how it’s done because they have lots and lots of experience buying players. Go Big Blue!!!

19. Jenkinswenttomyhighschool
    10:56 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

this doesnt look good:(

20. Ryan
    11:17 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

You can tell he is the most excited about UK. He will be a Wildcat, and I am excited that he will be our first Muslim baller.

21. Jack
    11:37 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I hate to say this because we all love Bazz like he’s a uk player already, but his hearts at home. He loves unlv and can’t find a reason not to go there. Of course he won’t get all the publicity as he would here, and of course we are the obvious smarter choice, but he wants to stay at home. You could see his eyes light up when he heard the interviewer say unlv like a kid in a toy store. His intelligence is telling him to go to uk, but his hearts in Vegas. I think we are in 2nd place, and unless coach cal pulls a rabbit out of the hat on this one, well stay there till he’s in the nba.

22. Jack's Son
    12:13 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I love to say this because we all love Bazz like he’s a uk player already, but his hearts at Kentucky. He loves UK and can’t find a reason not to go there. Of course he will get all the publicity here, and of course we are the obvious smarter choice, so he wants to come to UK. You could see his eyes light up when he heard the interviewer say Kentucky like a kid in a toy store. His intelligence is telling him to go to uk, but his hearts in Vegas. I think we are in 1st place, and unless UNLV pulls a rabbit out of the hat on this one, well stay there till he’s in the nba.

23. Jack
    6:26 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Lol @ #22. I sure hope so. That’s just what I think though. I definitely think we were a favorite at one point, but with all the success unlv is having, it gives them a slight lead in his mind. I would love for him to be at uk. We’ll just have to wait and see

24. UKinVA
    8:05 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I hope we match up against UNLV sometime during the Madness and ‘Bazz can let that be his tie-breaker. You know he is coming to UK!!!

25. billy
    8:26 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

18 remember when is was alleged that Davis was for sale at $200.000. Best player that money bought. Ha

26. Don'tHurt'emHammer
    8:32 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Well spoken young man and I’d be ecstatic to see him in UK blue. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he became a Runnin’ Rebel either.

27. NinerNiner
    8:36 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I think UK is the best choice for him to make but it’s pretty evident that he wants to stay in Vegas. I think we should start considering what this team will be without him.

28. Jones Returns
    9:35 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Look at UNLV’s schedule. Why would someone who’s needing big time national exposure go play for UNLV?!? Money… That’s why. Point.Blank.Period. It’s Vegas… Garuntee he’s getting cash offers like you wouldn’t believe. Probably threats on his family too.

Here’s there pathetic (I never want to be seen on TV) schedule.

29. MattUKfan
    2:49 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

The Jayhawks rival site is depicting Kansas as a major lean for Shabazz today.

30. tyrus
    4:35 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

He talks about UNLV it’s he’s used to the weather. Talks about UK, it’s their style of play. Talks about Puke, it’s they got a great coach. Style of play always wins out for young kids. If Shabazz decides to become a member of the BBN, he could end up having a bigger impact on UK “overall” than John Wall had. This player is the real deal…go get em Cal!