You can’t tease us like this, Rex

Your favorite 2013 NCAA tournament TV analyst sent out a tweet this morning that is sure to put a smile on the faces of everyone in Big Blue Nation. Rex Chapman tweeted, “A reliable birdie just whispered in my ear that Cal, KP, J. Robic, Big O & Strick aren’t quite finished w this ’13 class. #BBNMayJustWigOut”

If you aren’t familiar with RexSpeak on Twitter, he’s hinting that the Kentucky coaching staff could still add Andrew Wiggins to the 2013 class, according to a reliable source. BBN has had its doubts about adding Wiggins recently, but this tweet from Rex suggests it’s far from over and Kentucky might pull it off.

Andrew Wiggins would give Kentucky the No. 1 player at all five positions from what the experts are calling the best recruiting class ever.

Come. On. Down.

Article written by Drew Franklin

95 Comments for You can’t tease us like this, Rex

1. kevin burton
    10:27 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Awww….yeaaa!!!! BBN is the GREATEST! Would like to see some of this year’s team return but I bet they bounce to the NBA if there’s a strong possibility Wiggins enters the fold!

2. mizzippistate
    10:29 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I just peed a little

3. justafish2002
    10:29 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

#wigout I like it

4. Nashvillain
    10:30 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Anyone remember when 1 5-star and a few 4-stars was a really exciting class? In fact the next top 3 ranked classes: Memphis, Kansas & Indiana are all bringing in that class… 1 5-star and 3 4-stars. wow. Kentucky? 6 5-stars is all. Maybe 7. Watch out for the McJordans!

5. Oogie
    10:34 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Honestly folks, getting AW would be a bit obscene. It would almost make a mockery of college ball.

6. Morehead Calln'
    10:34 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Just gotta tell a short story:
    back in 1990, I was driving a 1988 Mustang GT sitting at the traffic light right infront on picadome school getting ready to turn right onto Broadway. My buddy comments on a mercedes that pulls up to us in the right lane, it was a smokin hot benz for the time. Kinda a crazy two tone purple with monster wheels, just pimped out supreme. Bout the time I looked over and saw it, the drivers window rolled down and it was Kenny Walker driving and Rex Chapman in passenger seat. We rolled oour window down and Rex yelled out, “wanna race?” I was like thats Kenny Walker and Rex Chapman….
    The light changed, Kenny hammered down and I was like, that was Kenny Walker and Rex Chapman, then I hammered down. We stopped right infront of St Joe at the light and the windows rolled down again, and I was like that Kenny Walker and Rex Chapman. Rex yelled out again, Nice try, and they left out….

That was Kenny Walker and Rex Chapman…

7. Blue boy
    10:36 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Why won’t Wiggins want to be a member of the greatest class of all time. He would be the icing on the cake. We could actually have the complete 1st team All-Americans playing for Cal next year.

8. KYStout
    10:41 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Just unreal if this happens.

9. Icing on the Cake
    10:42 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be there BBN, – working on my boy Gordon for us now……

10. Delk for 3
    10:43 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

The main reason why I think Wiggins will come is because a player like him more than likely wants to spend his year at college improving. I’m not sure he’s improving very much at FSU or Kansas as compared to Kentucky. At Kentucky, he will play pickup with superstars all summer and then compete with Julius Randle and the Harrisons all year at practice. All basketball players know you improve by playing great competition.

11. Jezz
    10:44 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

After the twins committed the pitch has shifted to “Let’s go 40-0”.

They’re selling history and these dudes are buying so far.

12. Jared
    10:44 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

If this happens, do you think the McDonalds All-American game organizers will restructure the team? UK vs The Rest?

13. SeoulCat
    10:45 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Please be true, and please let Noel come back.

PG-Harrison
    SG-Harrison
    SF-Wiggins
    PF-Randle
    C-Noel

14. asdf
    10:46 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Just saw Amanda Marcum Emfield. CBS has GOT to get Brent Musberger to do the Georgetown-FGCU game!

15. UN.FREAKING.REAL!!!

16. Jay
    10:52 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Is it completely out of the question to think he could be talking about Dominique Hawkins? I know Hawkins wouldn’t make BBN “wig” out, but he could be the final addition.

17. Cats
    10:56 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

16.) Have you ever taken a Literature class?

18. Orangeball
    10:56 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I bet these guys will be like last years champs. They’ll all arrive early, play all summer together, bond and have an unbelievable season. I kind’a feel sorry for this years freshmen. Noel showed up late and that messed with chemistry, Harrow had “problems”, Willie got hurt, Noel gets hurt. Absolutely no real consistency. If they stay, I bet they work their butts off and they won’t look like the same players. If Wiggins signs……speechless!

19. Matt
    10:56 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

12. No they want to at least TRY to make the teams even. If they did that the UK squad would win by 40 haha. It would be a smart marketing move though.

20. WildcatRX7
    10:56 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Got to have some guys leave to make room for any more players. Assuming Noel is gone and Polsen goes off scholly, we currently only have enough schollarships for the current guys and committs. Now, it is possible Hood, Harrow, and/or Stein might leave, but we can’t take Wiggens and/or Hawkins unless one of those happens first.

21. J
    10:59 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

#16= No way, Rex is talking about Wiggins and no one else…..UK would like to have Hawkins on the roster I’m sure but he’s not gonna make the fanbase “WIG OUT”…Besides, Rex wouldn’t have said it that way if he was talking about anyone else, that’s what we like to call a HINT…And not even a subtle hint at that.

22. DoubleZeroMostel
    11:04 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Cal might find himself in a difficult position in the 2014-2015 season. He’ll have to recruit at least 10 guys for that class.

23. 9OnTheWay
    11:06 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

20 did you skip the news and views this morning? Hood and Polson are on track to graduate. They can either come back as walk ons or not come back. There is one left for Wiggins. Scholarships:
    1. Kyle Wiltjer
    10. James Young
    11. Dakari Johnson
    12. Julius Randle
    13 – open

24. Cat Fan in Georgia
    11:07 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

5 – Actually, from my perspective (and I’m 64 and grew up listening to Claude Sullivan and Cawood on the radio, and worshiping Cotton Nash), the one-and-done rule has already made a mockery of “college” basketball. But it is what it is, and Cal does it better than anyone.

25. Dogwaller
    11:08 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

My daughter attends St. Joe Catholic H.S., which is where AW attends classes. All indications are that he is a quiet, polite, good student. He apparently does not seek the spot light which might in some ways make sense for him to come to UK. Not that everyone does not know this but this kid is the real deal. FYI – in a pick-up game with the girls team and St. Joe’s H.S. team, he wore a self-made Jay-Z shirt. Maybe Cal could make him an Asst Coach? LOL

26. Really
    11:10 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

22) how difficult would it be, we win a NC, have a ass load of 1st rounders… Who wouldn’t want to come to UK? The idea of wiggins coming already has me wigging out!!!!

27. TampaCat
    11:10 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

23. #1 and #2 will not return….

28. OregonCat
    11:10 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

If Wiggins comes, the goal is not a National Championship, it’s an undefeated season. That’s some ridiculous pressure.

29. Jay
    11:11 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Yes, #17, I certainly have. I must say that the “post-modernists” really grabbed my attention and I have been focusing on this genre for quite some time. Why do you ask?

30. Lenny
    11:12 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Our family moved to the Huntington, WV area two years ago and have become close with Andrew Wiggins and have taken the kid under our wings. We have met his parents a couple of times and they are very good people that honestly are open to him attending any of the final schools on his list. That being said, Andrew has become very close with a girl down in Tallahassee. He also often wears FSU gear but that is likely due to his parents being star athletes at the school and that he followed the school as a kid. When my wife asked him which school he liked the best overall, she said he did not hesitate to say FSU. He said UK was a close second. With the girl also being at FSU and his parents wanting him to follow in their footsteps, I think he ends up at FSU. He could surprise us a choose UK or UNC, but I think it is a small chance.

31. ...
    11:12 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

if we want hawkins we got him, there are no rumors necessary for him lol

32. Wall2Cousins
    11:13 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

23….hahaha i like how you put the only white boy first. Is Kyle the first player you think of for next years class?

33. Dogwaller
    11:13 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I want Polson coming back regardless if he graduates. He deserves to walk out on Senior Day and let the BBN show their appreciation.

34. Wall2Cousins
    11:16 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

33. Gawd….you homers in KY need a reality check….this is Kentucky…this ain’t your Richie Farmers,Fieldhouse,Phelphrey type teams…..get with it….Cal said it himself: “we recruit the best of the best.”

35. JUCO
    11:17 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I have a feeling it will be a top JUCO player! Wiggins or Gordon would be the cherries on top but good lord i dont know how Cal could keep them all happy!?

36. ryan
    11:19 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Anybody saying a NC, or, hey-sus christo, going undefeated, is a guarantee is a moron who had their head in the sand for the past 12 months and knows nothing about college basketball. That said, we’ve already got a ridiculously promising year ahead of us, add Wiggins and it’s insane. In 2014, NBA teams won’t be competing for Lottery Picks, they’ll be competing for “Wildcat Picks”.

37. Dogwaller
    11:20 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I had better get back to work but I too believe that AW will attend Florida State. They have a pretty good recuiter themselves as most UK fans know. Not sure about girl thing but I’m fairly certain he has a GF but she is attending Notre Dame and I’m guessing he’s not going there unless he really like the new Pope?

38. B-man
    11:20 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

#30…Maybe Cal convinced Mitchell to offer Wiggins’ squeeze a bball scholarship too (ha-ha).

39. brain
    11:22 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Obviously Wiggins makes it better but this is already the greatest recruiting class ever by a very wide margin.

40. OregonCat
    11:25 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

36 – you telling me you don’t think those kids will recognize they have the potential to be the best college team of all-time and their goal will be to go undefeated?

41. brain
    11:25 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

30-You’re not fooling anybody except the dupes.

42. coldspringmike
    11:29 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

How long did it take you to make that story up # 30 ?

43. CrystalBall
    11:30 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

If we lose no more than Noel and Stein, then the 2014 team could go undefeated. And if we add three more to the 2015 class, then it could be back to back Banners. The cup is more than half full and the sun is rising on the BBN in basketball and football.

44. theSkinny81
    11:31 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

30 – JT’s back!!!!

45. PolsonforPres
    11:33 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

33 is right. If anyone deserves to come back on scholly its Polson. He deserves that Senior Day.

46. Wade
    11:36 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt, Get Rex on the phone. Let your KSR listeners hear a little bit more from Rex.

47. Cat Fan in Georgia
    11:36 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Why was my post removed? It was not the least bit negative or inflammatory. It simply made a factual statement.

48. JT
    11:37 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Well folks sorry to say but we just moved from KY to Plano to Spokane now back to Huntington, West Virgina so my mom could marry oldschool. Yeah oldschool is really a Mountaineer. Anyways, and my sisters 8th grade teacher knows Wiggins mom really well, and he is going to Florida State. You heard it hear first. Write it down.

49. MemphisCat
    11:39 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

If this really happens, it would be hard for Cal to recruit against his own class from now on. The bar would have been set and that might never be broken to have the #1 player at each position.

50. crazycatfan
    11:43 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

OMG …

51. JT Sister's 8th grade teacher
    11:44 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

I know his mom wants him to go to Flordia St., but she also didn’t want him to go to Huntington, but since it was for 1 year she was alright with him leaving. Also, heard that he might only go to college for 1 year and that he is looking to play against competion that will prepare him for the NBA. So, it might either be UK, UNC, or Florida St. You heard it here first, I don’t know, only Andrew knows for sure.

52. elzeko
    11:45 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Great news, but I thought you were leaving Sports Radio, going north. When does this take place>

53. Wall2Cousins
    11:46 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

STFU about Polson…and Hood….those boys couldn’t start for my high school team

54. DLN
    11:48 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

#30 I live in Ashland. Prove it buddy.

55. ryan
    11:51 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

40 – No, I’m talking to the people “guaranteeing” a NC and going undefeated. The team should definitely have a NC as a goal, Wiggins or no. But there are no guarantees in basketball, gotta play the games.

56. UKBlue1!
    11:54 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

#27 where do you get this info? I can’t imagine Wiltjer is going to be given the boot. He is a good 4 year player. He is not great but good. He was put into situations this year that did not fit his skill set but surrounded by the right players he can help lead next years team. He is the only player we have returning that has any true experience. Polson didn’t play at all last year. Goodwin, WCS and Poythress have no NCAA experience and I doubt all 3 will return.

57. Andrew
    11:56 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

30. So tell me how close of a relationship you can have by spending a couple of weekends at FSU. Secondly long distance relationships are not close relationships. You are a fool or a lyer!!!!! Probably both!!!!

58. I WOULDHOPE
    11:58 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

30 I would hope that if you were that close to him that you wouldnt come on a blog a spill his personal info…..

59. Dogwaller
    11:58 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

34 – Do not live in KY and something tells me you are a fairly new fan. I know he only recruits the “best” but I think most people who know basketball will tell you that more chemistry is a big part of being a great team. I’m only saying that this year’s team would have been even worse without Polson and I would like to see him get his recognition and right or wrong, kids that come from Kentucky are much more apt to get it than someone who did not grow up with UK basketball. Regarless, I think we can all agree that next year will be better.

60. I WOULDHOPE
    11:58 am March 21, 2013 Permalink

Also he better make sure he doesn get Mante Taoed……. my spelling is probably off a bit on that but you get the point!

61. Michael F. Jox
    12:03 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

What Wall2Cousins is really trying to say: F whitey!

62. j
    12:06 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer that is

63. BigBlue1976
    12:09 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Look, Rex was clearly making a HINT that this concerns Wiggins. Come on . . . “WigOut”. Any body that thinks otherwise is a moron. Now things could change for whatever reason, but Rex was talking about Wiggins.

64. j
    12:09 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Agree number 64

65. Eric K
    12:15 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins will be a WILDCATS!! BEST CLASS EVER!! GO CATS!!

66. MRob
    12:16 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#53 your an idiot

67. Mack
    12:18 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Not certain but his HS coach indicated that Randle’s coming to the CATS was a consideration as to where Wiggins goes or not go. His coach has 4 charts one for each school with the plus and minus, his examples were for UK great place Rupp, crowd and fans for Kansas great weight room? He also mentioned that he may want a school that Wiggins would be the building block for their program. Not certain but maybe he is a smoke screen or he has no way of knowing what is on Wiggin’s mind. This article may well be useless.

68. peoplewhowork
    12:22 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I have the solution, Polson, Hood, Wiltjer, all accept scholarships on the football team, and walk-on status on the basketball team. Problem solved, now we have room for Wiggins and Gordon.

69. Billybob
    12:23 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Cal has changed from recruiting one and dones to one’s and done

70. Jason S
    12:27 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I am not sure if getting Wiggins wouldn’t be overkill. If you are selling the program as a launching pad for elite players heading to the NBA, how to you get enough time on the court for 9 or 10 different players to showcase their skills over the season? I’d be afraid of player unhappiness and developing a reputation with future recruits if that were the case.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if UK getting Wiggins too led to some rules changes down the road.

71. gog8ors
    12:33 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Lies, all lies. How could i be wrong about THAT many recruits?
    See y’all later. I am going to look for a bridge to jump off of, or maybe i’ll
    just go find a hungry alligator to aggravate, since i have shot my wad here.

72. fred wiggins
    12:45 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know who 30 is but me and andrew where twins seperated at birth and we have a mental connection, he told me via brainwaves that he is definately going to kentucky .

73. Bledsoe's Biceps
    12:55 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

71) Take your meds and cheer up. All this great recruiting news and all you can do is focus on some possible negatives? Wow!

74. hellcat
    1:06 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

72 – Try the bridge on Lake Jessup near Sanford. There are more than 10,000 gaytors in the lake. Surely one will find you.

75. drew
    1:42 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

gogators I hope the alligator eats you and it’s slow and painful

76. billybob
    1:54 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Anyone remember a few years ago when no one got within ten points of UCONN’s women? No one will get within 20 of this team!

77. Homee
    2:01 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

where does this class leave the Lanter kid?

78. Homee
    2:03 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

prob looking to transfer to a D2/D3 school I would guess

79. Homee
    2:03 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Cal all but said so…”no more getting kids off the street to fill the bench”

80. RealCatsFan
    2:03 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

30, let me guess – the young lady’s name is Nosilla? (Allison)

81. deepsouthfan
    2:12 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#71. 1996…National Champion if I remember correctly…5 on…5 off on many different nights. #9 in 14′!

82. stmlax03
    2:23 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

25… wiggins goes to huntington prep

83. Bobbum man
    2:27 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Hahahah 30- took him under your wings? Lmao the kids parents nth graduated from FSU I don’t think they were living in cardboard boxes or anything, nice sorry though about as good as the guy JT I think it was and his great story about Julius randles mom knowing his wife and how he was going to Kansas I remember because I “marked it down” like he asked

84. cayts
    2:28 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

36… You’re the fuggin moron if you don’t believe that if we added wiggins, this team would go 40-0 and it wouldn’t even be close. open your eyes… I bet you’re a guy who’s never been good at a sport before. therefore, your ability to recognize talent is minimal.

85. My cousins sisters dads brothers uncles nieces girlfriends brothers wife's grandmothers daughter is friends with wiggins barbers brothers nephews cousins sisters aunts husbands dads wife's sister
    2:33 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

As you can see in kind of a big deal and know Andrew wiggins personally kind of…. I know he will be attending FSU via my reliable connections

86. Tampa Satchel
    2:58 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

If he signs I might just do the Harlem Shake.

87. brain
    3:10 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins to UK.

88. PlayBigBB
    3:11 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#86 I’m glad that it’s a done deal and I can now relaxes.

89. Tampa Satchel
    3:45 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

@71-Orton averaged 3 points and got drafted.

90. AshCatFan
    5:58 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

#30 – FYI Wiggins’ GF plays at Huntington St. Joe and has signed to play BB at Notre Dame. Nice try though.

91. D Willis
    6:16 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

I should probably redshirt.

92. HEHATEME
    7:22 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Could we have Willis back please?

– Purdue

93. Zack
    9:24 pm March 21, 2013 Permalink

Also we could get Aaron Gordon!!

94. Dogwaller
    8:54 am March 22, 2013 Permalink

#83 – Wiggins plays for Huntington Prep but he goes to school at St. Joe High School, like all of the Huntington Prep players. There is no school called Huntington Prep.