You Can Hear Us on the Radio!

It’s a great day to be alive in the Commonwealth. The sun is shining, the basketball team is winning, and KSR is on your radio. Join Matt Jones and the crew for the KSR Pre-game Tailgate show starting at 4:00 pm. You can listen by tuning in on WLAP 630 AM on your radio dial, or 98.1 the Bull in Lexington, OR listen online at WLAP.com. It’s been a hard knock life this season, but let’s end on a positive and #PackCommonwealth as we say so long, farewell to our Seniors and Joker Phillips.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

36 Comments for You Can Hear Us on the Radio!

1. FoCoCat
    4:08 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Sweet ride! Matt is moving up in the world, he has his own driver!

2. rixter
    4:22 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Is the game not on tv?

3. Jerry C
    4:22 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

hire Bobby!

4. cats1068
    4:29 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

No Rex Ryan!

5. Bobby P.
    4:34 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Hire me and I’ll show you how to #packcommonwealth

6. Gypsy Robyn
    4:34 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

What kind of recognition will the seniors receive @ game today? How many seniors on team?

7. Old Henry Man
    4:35 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

You are not on 98.1 the Bull

8. Jason
    4:41 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

who cares about football this year. We need to talk about basketball recruiting.

9. iHeart tips please?
    4:45 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

I’ve heard some people discussing having trouble with iHeart Radio. Does anyone have any tips or tricks
    for making it work? Really frustrating! How much would we have to donate to get KSR just flat out
    streaming, and not have to depend on iHeart? I’d be in like Flynn!!!

10. tdogg40330
    4:53 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

2) yeah, its on CSS

11. Iheartradiosucks
    4:58 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Pregame or games don’t stream. WTH?

12. Rex Ryan
    5:08 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

CSS? What is that?

13. iHeart Really DOES suck
    5:08 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Right, exactly right. Games are blocked. Pre-game and post-game blocked on many stations. What the what?
    What’s the point?!? ‘Not sure what happened, but yeah, iHeart is no longer a good source for catching
    KSR/UK Athletics broadcasts. That’s the only thing I ever used it for. From what I’ve been able to tell, you
    can only get the games if you can find a radio station IN YOUR AREA that is playing the game or
    pre-game. Well that’s just stupid. If there was a radio station in my area that was carrying the
    game or pre/post game, I’D BE LISTENING TO THE FREAKIN’ RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh!

14. tdogg40330
    5:15 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

12) good question …. lol

15. Shawn
    5:25 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones is a bigger liar than Petrino. Lost all cred with me today! Wow!

16. Gypsy Robyn
    5:26 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

I’m out of state & listen to pre/post-game KSR shows on iheart/WLAP. IMG seems to have the contract to broadcast during the game, that’s where I listen to it online. As soon as IMG signs off, I switch back to WLAP/iheart to listen to Matt’s postgame show. KSR doesn’t have any control of the blackout on WLAP or other stations. I have have also used FirstRow.com to watch games or Cincinnati ESPN 1530 to listen. Hope this helps.

17. Kyle
    5:38 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Btw, Mitch is at Malone’s with Petrino right now. Don’t believe me, then go there and see. No doubt they will be at the game tonight too.

18. Linda Taylor
    5:38 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

All official IMG UK pre and post game broadcasts are only supposed to be available on the internet at UKAthletics.com per contract between IMG and UK. Matt’s pregame KSR tailgate show is available on IHeart. It starts out at 630WLAP and 98.1TheBull joins in later. His KSR post game show is not available on 98.1TheBull on IHeart but is available on 630WLAP on IHeart after the official IMG post game shows are finished on UKAthletics.com. If you are lucky enough to live in the Lexington area you can hear everything on your regular radio.

19. truBLU
    5:43 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

For lexington insight I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be 505. The channel is just named “sports and programming” but they usually carry the CSS broadcasts

20. rixter
    5:46 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

OK, thanks…not sure I have CSS, but I’ll look

21. Fadda Rekkid
    5:47 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

I didn’t think KSR had anything to do with any blackouts. I’m just saying, it would be so cool if KSR could
    just stream the broadcasts on its own. KSR is still THE best source for UK information anywhere. I would
    *ahem* totally pay $99 bucks a year, just to help it be big enough and bold enough to be free of radio
    whatsoever. Stream that suckka and podcast EVERYTHING and I would be one happy little camper.

22. BBN
    5:56 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Anyone know the papa johns code for the day after a uk win?

23. goturanswer
    5:59 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Yes, 22… it’s RP15secs

24. that's ridicilis
    6:01 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

18 – huh??

25. Lee Corso
    6:46 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Petrino’s a joke.

If YOU love KENTUCKY, you do NOT want Bobby trin wrecked Petrino.

26. Linda Taylor
    6:56 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

24 – Matt has a pregame call-in show that comes on before the official IMG UK broadcasts. He also has a post game call-in show that comes on after the official IMG UK broadcasts. They are available on IHeart 630WLAP on the internet. The official IMG UK pre game, game and post game broadcasts are only supposed to be available on the internet at UKAthletics.com. They are available on a regular radio if you live in an area that is in part of the normal UK broadcast network.

27. Druthers
    6:59 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Maybe so, but these people suggesting Rex Ryan… dear Lord. I would rather have Petrino than that
    big revolting gas bag, in any way shape or form. See what happaned to the Saints? You know why?
    A devotee of Buddy Ryan. ‘You think Rex is any different? He’s a walking nightmare, morally,
    mentally, and especially for a college football team. That whole “Ryan” mentality of the
    “Purple People Eaters” and the “Pay To Maim” system that was going on in New Orleans,
    is the tradtion Rex Ryan comes from. I’ll take a skinned-up adulterer over a sociopath ANY day.

28. Not So, Linda
    7:01 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

>>They are available on IHeart 630WLAP on the internet.<<

That's what you're not understanding, Linda. In some places, these shows are being
    blacked out by iHeart, and/or just simply will not play. But then, hours later, the
    same iHeart station would work just fine. It's not that we don't understand the schedule
    or the listening options. The "options" are not WORKING. Thanks for trying to help, though.

29. Linda Taylor
    7:12 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

28 – IHeart has worked every time I’ve tried using it for Matt’s shows. It will work for Matt’s show then the blackout starts and you have to go to UKAthletics.com for the official stuff. Then once it is finished you can go back to IHeart for Matt’s show. If you are having trouble with 630WLAP on IHeart you can try 840WHAS on IHeart. If you will notice 9, 11, and 13 all were asking about IHeart and some didn’t seem to know that UKAthletics.com is the only internet source for the games. I was just trying to help them.

30. Lee Corso
    7:26 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

It’s excessive mental masturbation to continue the Petrino talk folks.

Ain’t gonna happen.

31. WipedButtWithTickets
    7:47 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#22 Yeah…LOSERS….anymore questions? Oh, and you will pay FULL price after the LOSS.

32. wow
    8:29 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

@29 Make sure you tell all of us to be sure to wear our coats tonight…maybe you could also remind us to be sure to take our vitamins and brush our teeth. Give us all the Motherly advice you can come up with. BLAH…I don’t mean to criticize but you don’t have to feel obligated to keep telling everyone the schedule, where to listen, when to listen, how to listen, why to listen etc etc. It becomes annoying.

33. Linda Taylor
    10:45 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

32 – You, may not have noticed this, but I never post the info unless someone is having a problem. Nothing would please me more than to never type the info again. Since you already know what’s going on, please just ignore the post. Otherwise, what is wrong with helping someone having a problem?

34. wow
    11:29 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

@33 Yes Mother…if nothing would please you more than to never type the info again, then do us all a favor and don’t!

35. wow
    11:31 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

@33 Seriously, I have seen you type the same info about how to listen every game.

36. Linda Taylor
    11:41 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

35 – Only after someone has had a problem, which seems to happen every game. Take a look at posts 9, 11, and 13. Maybe you don’t care about helping people, but it is second nature to me. What is the big deal anyway, just bypass the post. No one is forcing you to read them. Seriously, there are bigger problems in the world to be upset about than me trying to help people.