You Apparently Would Not Like Being in Possession of These Cards

If there is one thing Kentucky and Louisville fans like to do, it is make rap videos about their teams. If UK/UL rap videos were mustache hairs, we would be Alan Cutler. So when we make fun of our Card brethren, we have to keep in mind that for every “L1C4” gem, we have a “Lazy Tuesday.” With that said, I give you the Cards’ latest, someone named B_Simm (whose hat is perpetually askew) rapping about how we do not want these Cards:

I freely admit that I am not the perfect person to judge these things, but alas, I am forced into it. And I must admit, I don’t think this is terrible. The chorus is catchy, even if doesn’t make the most sense logically (do I not want these Cards because they aren’t worth having or because I am scared of them? The latter is certainly not true, as UCONN showed us that these Cards have become rather inviting lately…and I might actually want to have these Cards, if for no other reason, the entertainment of watching them in their natural habitats). The guy rapping seems rather talented and has the requisite number of hype men behind him bouncing up and down. But the real stars of the show are the random white people swaying awkwardly in the background. Deep from the mean streets of Anchorage and Prospect, these youngsters are throwing up the “L”s, while having a jolly time and hoping that none of the performers realize that they and their parents hosted a fundraiser for Romney. It is quite amusing, especially when you focus in on one in particular (I like the really short guy with the sunglasses right behind the rappers who looks to be so happy that he might bust out of his new penny loafers…even Brian Long appreciates his lack of rhythm).

Still, I give B-Simm and the rest of the “You Dont Want these Cards” crew credit. Among the various Kentucky rap attempts, this is among the better efforts. And after the overall dumpster fire of a day they had yesterday, UL fans do need something to cheer them up.

Article written by Matt Jones

48 Comments for You Apparently Would Not Like Being in Possession of These Cards

1. Slappy
    5:29 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Just once, I’d like to see someone do a sappy love ballad about their favorite team.

2. Smh
    5:31 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Haha that Elle Raiser guy was in the video.

3. UK Homer
    5:32 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Anchorage and Prospect. LOL! Too bad they beat us.

4. Dknot
    5:33 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Good to see Mario Urrutia in the video doing big things!!

5. Jimi, Garden of Eden
    5:34 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

SUCKS…that is all…

6. Matt Jones
    5:34 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

#1 that made me laugh a lot

7. myk287
    5:37 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

b simm is actually one of the best out of the ville… I mess with Jalin Roze though check out the song 6 gold fronts, where he shouts out the cards and the cats

8. UKBlue
    5:45 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

95% of the people in that video have never seen the inside of a classroom at UL more or less college. Seriously, Rappin about an overrated liberal arts commuter college with a campus as ugly as UL cheerleaders. Since Rick loves Pitbull so much; they should have gotten Rick to dance around in his white Colonel Sanders suit, now that would have been entertainment. The SAE’s have a chapter at UL, good lord!

9. danthect
    5:53 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

What a JOKE(ER)…PLEASE don’t mention rap and talent in the same sentence!!!!

10. What's College Got To Do With It?
    5:54 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Dear UKBlue, You may or may not be aware that most of us in Kentucky who are Cats fans, have never gone to UK, and plenty
    of us have also never gone to college. You don’t seem to realize that the white trash people plenty of you around here love
    to hate, have been supporting UK for GENERATIONS, without ever stepping foot onto campus. Do you really not get that?
    And back of the Cyrus-bashing, too. His is an old and well-storied family in the Commonwealth, who have and still do
    serve the people of this state both in a legislative and financial capacity. Some of you make me think maybe you are
    students at UK and you think that gives you “carte blanche” to trash anyone who isn’t in college and never has been.
    Truth is, all us toothless idiots out here living in trailers have spent an awful lot of money on your school, and
    without us, you’d be going to UL or Cinci or Ohio State. You’d do well to be thankful for every fat redneck in
    royal blue you see. We help keep your tuition down, and someday, we’ll be the people who pay you for law
    advice, medical help, dentistry, etc. Chill on the hate, aight?

11. Rick
    5:56 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

The part at the 0:43 mark, where they’re dancing on a sidewalk on campus with normal looking people walking to class, etc., is great. There were always crazy people or preachers in the “free speech” area at UK’s campus. I imagine this occurred at the equivalent on U of L’s campus and looked equally silly in person.

That being said, this really is one of the better, if not the best, rap video efforts made by UK or U of L fans.

12. Rick
    5:59 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Also, here’s a fun way to disgust your wife or girlfriend. Have http://www.celebcalls.com/rick-pitino give her a call.

13. Rick
    6:02 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

#10 – the money you spend on UK gear in no way affects tuition at UK. It helps fund the athletic department, which is self-sustaining. Your state taxes help fund UK. Also, the tuition at UK has gone up more in the last decade than it probably ever has because the state Legislator is giving UK less and less of your taxes.

14. burger
    6:09 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky Football History — Year by Year Graph

The Visual Numbers & the Facts (Several Typos Fixed)

15. Rick
    6:11 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Just to clarify my #13 post directed at #10 – the current cost of tuition for a KY resident is $9,676 per year. If I’m remembering correctly, that is probably around double what I paid as an in-state resident when I started in 2002. By the time I graduated in 2006, we’d already been “privileged” to some of the highest tuition increases in school history, and they just keep doing it because Kentucky is in such poor financial shape thanks to our Legislature.

So, not to harp on you or anything, but PLEASE don’t mislead yourself into thinking that you’re helping STUDENTS at UK by buying tickets to athletic events, buying UK apparel, or donating to the K-Fund.

16. matt
    6:11 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

not surprised by the lack of ladies in this music video….

17. Really?
    6:13 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Hey, Rick! Keep up, buddy! Last year the athletic department at UK gave millions to support academic scholarships at the University. The two are inseparable. When athletics does well, the University benefits, and it can suffer when athletics is on the downswing.

18. B SIMM
    6:15 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

First i would like to say thank you for the exposure, the love and even the hate. I made this song to show support for the city I live in and the school that represents it. I am not a UK hater in fact check out one of my videos starring my former teammate RAJON RONDO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkz5PPbWzj0&feature=plcp. Also i did attend college but i chose to move on to pursue music & business. One of my latest ventures is celebcalls.com among a host of others… IM FORM LOUISVILLE BUT MY GOAL IS TO PUT KY ON THE MAP AS A STATE.

19. Dolph Ziggler
    6:16 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

The song wasn’t half bad, the guy who does it is kinda good maybe he can go on and make actual music. And hey, what you know bout living in prospect, times is hard nowadays trying to survive there lol.

20. B SIMM
    6:16 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

FROM^

21. B SIMM
    6:17 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Damn i should have stayed in college lol

22. Floyd
    6:18 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

You don wan dese cods- How true, just ask the BIG 12 & ACC.

23. B SIMM
    6:19 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

For more of my music click here Download B Simm- Coming To America Free! http://www.datpiff.com/B-SIMM-Coming-To-America-mixtape.415179.html or go to officialbsimm.com

24. Rick
    6:19 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

I’m fully aware, #17. They gave enough money for 51 scholarships.

The student population at UK is 26,000+. Those two numbers are slightly different.

Keep in mind, I’m not bashing the athletic department, or anything about the way UK is set up. My point is that people who didn’t go to UK should not think that they’re doing the average student at UK any favors by buying T-shirts, as #10 suggests. They’re not. They’re helping the student athletes, which is who they’re entertained by anyway. The rest of us paid our own way.

25. David
    6:20 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Shout out to B-simm, haven’t heard from you since ‘Breakin da Law’. Lexington needs some quality flow artisans.

26. B SIMM
    6:24 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

ALSO IF YOU WANT TO SEND A CALL FROM COACH CAL GO HERE http://celebcalls.com/

27. Joe
    6:35 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Rick, get off your high horse, dude was just sayin you don’t have to go to college to be a uk fan, it’s our state school. We all paid a bunch for school but font be an ass about it

28. James K
    6:38 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

They showed that guy essentially a thousand times during the game on Saturday. Maybe the most annoying Louisville fan walking the Earth right now.

29. Rick
    6:46 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

#27 – My “high horse” is about as high as a pony. I’ve typed less than #10 did in his original post and I haven’t been insulting, yet somehow I’m being an ass, just ’cause I’m pointing out that he’s wrong about supporting students at UK? At no point have I said anything about people who don’t go to UK don’t have the right to be UK fans. Be a fan of whoever, I don’t care.

30. Uh.... Hey,
    6:54 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

B-Simm, Louisville isn’t even ranked in the AP poll and is 23 in the USA Today poll. Why would someone be afraid to play you?

31. jeff jackson
    6:55 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

OH MY GOSH !!!!!! rick has lost it ! he’s gonna wish you a happy birthday personally ?

32. jeff jackson
    6:57 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

he pretty much ruined the whole video if “ruined is the word geeeeezzzeee

33. jeff jackson
    6:58 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

did they loose . i try not to keep up with them

34. Ukfan
    7:05 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Lol can’t even hate that shit was tight, id download his music if it wasn’t all about UoL, dude has punchlines for daysss

35. Chance
    7:08 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Ya know they are right… We dont want them Tards….We want the 5 star recruits…

36. Ukfan
    7:11 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Which mark did Elle raiser bitch ass make an appearance?

37. B SIMM
    7:32 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

All my music is not about u of l Download B Simm- Coming To America Free! http://www.datpiff.com/B-SIMM-Coming-To-America-mixtape.415179.html

38. SeoulCat
    8:31 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

When the incoherent jibberish of spastic monkeys becomes passable as music in a society, full-fledged idiocracy has been achieved.

39. BourbonGal
    8:51 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Cracks me up how they throw up the universal sign for LOSER and so proud of it!! ha!

40. NotInsertNameHere
    8:55 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

As far as college team rap videos that actually might be the best one I’ve seen. Actually has good lyrics and he can rap. Just wish he was a UK fan instead.

41. thicks
    9:31 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

b sims played ball with rondo at eastern. give him a little love

42. B SIMM
    10:04 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Seoul cat that seems a little racist .. If you don’t like my lyrics you can press fast forward. Monkey??? Grow up

43. No Hate
    10:48 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

As a 48 year old white male who still listens to AC/DC and Led Zepplin.Your music
    sounds good to me..Let the haters hate.Keep doing your thing.

44. RIGHT ON!
    10:58 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

SEOUL CAT! RIGHT ON! B SIMM-TUFFN UP HOMEBOY

45. B SIMM
    11:03 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Both of y’all are retarded ..your calling people monkeys but yet you cheer for basically a all black team every year ..smarten up home girl

46. Drew
    11:03 pm November 25, 2012 Permalink

Why hate, he has a song and video with rondo. Atleast he is doing something worth watching. Big ups

47. danthecat
    7:57 am November 26, 2012 Permalink

B Simm…Wow some folks are just stupid…I hate rap music , but it is what it is…Give me some Motown now and we are talking Marvin Gaye, Tempetations, Righteous Brother, Smokey, etc…Now that is music…

48. Jed Smock
    10:49 am November 26, 2012 Permalink

Heathans and fornicators. Hellfire awaits those who sin.

Just kidding. I like that video. Looks like they’re having a good time like college kids should.

And I’m not really Jed. #11 reminded me of him. Hadn’t thought of that whack job in years.