Yep. That’s about right.

From today’s Courier-Journal.

(H/T Mark Ennis)

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Yep. That’s about right.

1. DB11
    5:53 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

I see what you did there

2. tdogg40330
    5:56 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Not so fast my friend ….

3. Done and Dead.
    5:56 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Just like my name.

4. The Real Pioneer
    5:57 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Shaking my head…..Miles Simpson will lead them back and over any barrier that may stand in their way. Just watch and see. It may not be this very season, but just watch and see.

5. BPsycho
    6:01 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Now that’s comedy.

6. Duke Sucks
    6:11 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

#4 you probably whole hartedly believe that. God bless you

7. CatGrad7072
    6:14 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

So what does the LHL think? What a shocker that the CJ would run this. A keen eye for the obvious, that’s the CJ-Watch Dog Journalism (their words, not mine).

8. crackerhillbilly
    6:20 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Only reasonably correct observation that bird-cage liner of a newspaper has made in ages.

9. grant
    6:24 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

***chuckles a little bit***

10. Isaac in Long Beach
    6:34 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

So, are Sanders and Cobbins off the team, or…? If I was in charge, they’d be out the moment I knew they had weed on them. We’re not Louisville, we’re not Tennessee. We may not be the best on the field, but that’s all the more reason to be the best OFF of it.

And don’t give me that bull “it’s only weed.” Yeah, it’s only weed. I live in southern California. My girlfriend has a medicinal card. But the bottom line is that it’s AGAINST THE RULES and AGAINST THE LAW. If you’re a college athlete on scholarship, you are the face of the program. The least you can do to show you’re thankful for what’s been given to you is to follow the rules. Anything short of that is a smack to the face of the school, the program, the coaches, and the fans.

As far as I’m concerned, get em outta here. We’ve got no need for them.

11. Floyd
    6:34 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

I’m sure that cartoon had to have the usual jurich “stamp of approval”.

12. TheBigToe
    6:48 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

@10. Someone call him a wahhhm-bulance. The reason you’re mad is because it’s against the law? Gosh I hope they weren’t speeding, too.

13. We R UK
    6:50 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Yep…the ol’ Courier Journal is always happy to print something negative about UK. I hate living in this stinkin’ city.

14. Beavis
    6:56 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

The only reason the CJ printed it first is because no one at the HL thought of it first. Speaking of the HL,,,,I don’t think any thought goes into anything they print. Worst rag I have ever seen.

15. JDub
    6:57 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Harsh.

16. Isaac in Long Beach
    6:57 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

12 – I’m not pissed because they broke the law. I’m pissed because they’re the face of the program, they broke the law, and they’re not off the team. How many times have we made fun of Louisville or Tennessee for THE SAME EXACT THING?

17. DB11
    7:14 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like #10 needs some weed right about now

18. UKBlue
    7:16 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

We deserve all the ball breaking, if we’re ging to dish it out, we better be able to take. Hopefully someone at UK will be so embarrassed by the loss, they will finally do something about it.

Say what you want, but Isaac is right. If you’re a kid that lets face it couldn’t afford to go to college if it wasn’t for a scholarship if it’s at UK or wherever, then have enough damn common sense to stay out of trouble.

19. Kneel
    7:19 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

More like WON and Done stupid CJ

20. Carl
    7:28 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

The CJ is still in print?

21. joker
    7:37 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

We are not done! Mitch just called to inform me that he was giving me a 8 year contract extention – and bumping salary to 2.5 mil. I’m baaaaaaaack, b!tches…

And lay off my players. They are just kids. Everyone makes mistakes. Some more than others, but you know. Well anyway, I can’t believe so many people care about these kids and the fact that our team isn’t doing so hot right now – don’t you remember UK won the national championship last year. Yeah, I said we – I got a ring too, thanks mitch.

22. The Power "K"
    7:58 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Damn…I look good even in a cartoon.

23. averageukfan
    8:15 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Famous UK football fan quotes. “Hartline sucks, put in Newton!” “Newton sucks, give Mossakowski a shot” even though he transferred. “Yeah but Joker can recruit.” No he cant, look at how many defensive players hes recruited in three years as head coach. “Why are you running a draw (3rd and 26 from your own 8)” UK fans are so stupid, they dont deserve to be good at anything.

24. j8
    8:54 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

#10, players have been reinstated according to Joker’s statement in the press conference Monday.

25. THE TRUTH
    9:08 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

The real joke is on THIS WEBSITE for agreeing with this and posting it. You see, the “ONE AND DONE” message has an underlining message that we will not win any more B-Ball championships. So “one and done” isn’t so funny after all. :o/

26. Sweet A
    9:21 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Let the”weed” thing happen in bb and I bet you don’t say get them outta here! All you want to do is continue to rub Jokers face down in mud! Guess what- he will be back. He is doing right by those kids do lay off!

27. jfnnvnfvhjn009
    9:34 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

@26 Speaking of lay offs…Do you think we could “lay off” Joker, as in make him unemployed?

28. Isaac in Long Beach
    9:50 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

26 – Do you realize the implications of having a basketball player, at Kentucky, caught with weed? It would go far beyond mere legal trouble for the kid. It would be exactly the sort of thing the Tiptons and Thamels of the world have been waiting for to sink this program. Therefore, any kid who thinks it’s OK to have a free ride and get caught with weed can stay away.

Nice try, though. NEXT.

29. Chicago Chris
    11:07 pm September 18, 2012 Permalink

Really? “One and Done” is about right?

30. theSkinny81