YAHTZEE! UK lands commitment from 2016 lineman Landon Young

athlete_227585_profile

Just when you thought it was a slow Friday, here comes the staff with another round of YAHTZEE!

KSR has learned that 2016 lineman Landon Young has committed to Kentucky. Young plays for Lafayette High in Lexington, and at only age 15, is already 6’7″, 250 lbs. He plays defensive end, but he’s also open to playing on the offensive line, which may explain why O-Line coach John Schlarman is so excited:

More details coming soon…you can get a glimpse of Landon’s skills in the beginning of this video:

16 Comments for YAHTZEE! UK lands commitment from 2016 lineman Landon Young

1. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:18 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

6’7″ 250 and runs track? Geez. We’ll know where to look if Cal needs depth at PF in a couple of years.

2. Chicago Chris
    2:29 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Those guys are in 8th grade in that vid?! That’s just not fair (to the other 8th graders).

3. TrackCat
    2:33 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

You should see what this kid can do with a discus, he is ranked #1 in the nation for his age group. http://usa.milesplit.com/rankings/2013/outdoor/hs/m/D?cv=&co=2016&l=0&m=50&cn=&r=usa

4. Kotor
    2:33 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

How can you take seriously people who use terms like “doodie-head.” That is a description a 6 year old might use. Are you a teenager or, perhaps, a UL grad?

5. CATinNKY
    2:35 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

That’s nice and all but what if he doesnt develop? How de we know he’ll still be worth the scholarship when he’s a senior? Same with the 7th grader. So much can change in that time. Didnt we make fun of Billy Gillespie for offering scholarships to players too young?

6. Joe
    2:39 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know Kotor, mayhap you WEREN’T supposed to take it seriously…I think “Dominicks Downgraded Statistics” might have been another hint about the true nature of the post.

7. Cats
    2:42 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

9 This is FOOTBALL, not basketball where a kids ball skills can change or not develop. Why does Alabama and all of the other big football schools do this same thing?

8. Yoda
    2:44 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I suggest there be a moratorium on “yahtzee”. Claiming such on an 8th grader is slightly premature, methinks.

9. UKfanNKY
    2:46 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

#9 it is just an offer it can be pulled at anytime he is committed and NOT signed!

10. Laker Cat 18
    2:50 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I see you Riley Hall. Best middle school quarterback I’ve ever seen at that level. You’ll hear his name with Pulaski County in the next two years. 1:07 minute mark in the video.

11. yoda is right
    2:50 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I propose a rule banning the call of “yahtzee on anything other than a high school junior/senior.

12. Zack
    2:53 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Kid is a stud athlete! State runner up at Heavyweight in wrestling as a freshman. Ranked top 10 in his age group! Absolute freak athlete. Coached against him past two years.

13. Penn
    3:23 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Hey,guys. I have a buddy who is pretty high up in athletics in this state. I asked him about this kid. Pretty much can’t miss. And, per my buddy, if he doesn’t pan out, Stoops isn’t worried. It’s all part of the big picture. He wants to own this state. He wants to target the best talent early and keep it at UK. If they make a wrong call on a kid, oh well. That happens. But he wants to have first pick in this state, and this is how he is going to do it.

14. Tampa Satchel
    3:33 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I like how they are starting to reel in some top talent for future seasons. Fillin’ up the pipeline.

Though it is a tad strange that the post says he is,”6’7″, 250 lbs” when the picture has him standing next to a board proclaiming him to be 6’6″ 248. Maybe he grew since the picture was taken, but had it been me I would have used a different picture or pointed out the discrepancy in the post. Maybe I’m nitpicking a bit, but TT is a paid employee now, so the bar has been raised.

15. SMH
    3:44 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I’ve gotta put Coach on the trail of this 4th grader in Owensboro, this kid is off the hook good (I mean, for a 10 year old).

16. Shame
    4:04 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

I agree with the no Yahtzee on a non junior/senior. Maybe we can compromise and say Yahtzee Jr.