Yahoo! breaks down Doron Lamb’s decision

A Kentucky basketball fan contributor on Yahoo! suggests Lamb should come back if he isn’t given first round assurance in this year’s NBA Draft. With a deep class of shooting guards entering the league this summer, Lamb could benefit by coming back and improving his ball handling skills to compensate for what he lacks in size.

Lamb is expected to enter his name into the draft, but go check out Yahoo!’s breakdown of his pending decision.  I’d like to see him come back and work on becoming a point guard, a position that would be better for his NBA future. I also don’t see that happening.

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Yahoo! breaks down Doron Lamb’s decision

1. Cats lover
    11:18 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Im hoping the reason he made a decision is not to scare away any recruits. Once they’ve all signed I’m hoping he will announce he is coming back. Maybe Teague as well and I’m sure Gilchrist is too much to ask for. First

2. Nick
    11:19 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

We would benefit a lot of Lamb came back, and so would he. Guard will be our thinnest position next season, assuming Teague leaves (though he could stand to gain from coming back too), and Lamb would get time (all the time he wants) at either guard spot. We have enough big guys coming in or remaining (especially if we get Bennett). Guard is where we will need the help. And I agree, second round pick is good, but first round is much better, and he could really up his stock as the clear leader of the team if he returns.

3. h
    11:20 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Stacey Poole

4. GoCats2
    11:23 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

I think its silly to think that UK fans say he should come back to work on his ball handling and improving his skills at the Point Guard position. We all want him back so he can jack up some more 3’s and let us have more guards and increase our chances to repeat. Lets be honest, we want him to come back but not for reasons like improving his ballhandling!

5. AMIRITE
    11:23 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Have we decided to only use screencaps for player pictures? wtf

6. Devastation inc
    11:24 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

What kind of money is he looking at if he does not go in the first round?

7. Ike
    11:24 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

I think Lamb could really benefit by coming back for one more year. Cal has said he could be a lottery pick if he learns to finish with contact and improve his ball handling a little bit. Factor that in with some increased shots and a draft that will be a little weaker at his position next year and you got a pretty good decision

8. DB11
    11:29 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

lol are you guys just taking pictures of the tv at this point

9. the truth
    11:29 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Lamb will be back. Guaranteed.

10. The Cheese
    11:43 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

He’s not coming back. Whether he should or not is irrelevant. 6’4 shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Coming off the championship, his stock will not get higher. Go and get paid DL.

11. tltaworl
    11:44 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

#4. I honestly think he will need to play point at the next level. With Harrow being a question mark Lamb will play more point next year. So yes, we need his scoring, but we also need a backup PG. And I think he does too. All that being said, he is gone 🙂

12. Blueballn
    11:46 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Lamb reminds me of Jason Terry!

13. J
    11:48 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Lamb is one of my favorite players. Honestly, I felt the most comfortable when HE had the ball. He is a great shooter, with a high IQ, a low turnover rate, and he is excellent at the free throw line. Please come back for #9!!!!!

14. the Big Dog
    11:53 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

Lamb is the key to winning next year (assuming we get Bennett). We need him (along with Wiltjer) to keep zones honest. I don’t think he will be back, but it would be great. He could also provide the leadership for this team which would otherwise be the first Cal team without significant upper classmen returning.

15. sam malone
    11:55 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

11 you series ? about Harrow. 5 star pg learning cals system a year before playing. My ? is is he lottery.

16. Bluegrass
    12:01 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

I think Lamb is key…he could play the 6th man role in backing up the 1&2 guard spot…if Cal can get Bennett and Lamb comes back…the season will be boring and the fans will b waiting for March by December! Lol, in other words We Would Be Awesome!

17. Help!
    12:01 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

I have watched every UK game the last two years and can’t remember Lamb dunking the ball one time. Does anyone remember a game and time when Doron dunked. Help!

18. Bledsoe's Biceps
    12:02 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

So a Yahoo Contributor article is worthy of a KSR post? It’s the Yahoo version of the Bleacher Report. Any “yahoo” can get an article published, but that does not make it newsworthy. So a UK fan has an opinion about whether Doron should enter the draft? OMG, I can’t believe it.

19. ukwolfeman
    12:51 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

@#6….nothing guaranteed I believe so could be good or bad. Flip a coin. If not going to get guaranteed money come back for another year solidify your mid 1st round stock for next years draft.

20. Donnie Brasco
    12:59 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

16) DLamb would start and that’s not even a question.
    If DLamb comes back go ahead and mail us the trophy again.

21. curbyourenthusiasm
    1:59 pm April 16, 2012 Permalink

People who think if Lamb comes back then we got number 9 in the bag are a little ridiculous. Really? You do realize what we just lost, right? That basic cake-walk that was last season will not be repeated any time soon. We had the hands down most dominate player in college basketball last yr. AD effected the games more than we even know, and we know a lot! Not having him will be a harsh reality slap to the face for a lot of UK fans next season.