Wrapping things up at the RNC (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the guys wrap up their coverage of the Republican National Convention, so tune in to hear them break down their favorite moments from their time in Cleveland, which included a Kid Rock concert last night.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

33 Comments for Wrapping things up at the RNC (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    10:02 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

Been a GREAT week!

Is Shannon going to Philly now since Alison Lundergan Grimes to speak at the Democratic National Convention?

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:17 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

The new football facility looks really nice! I’m excited to see how much that helps recruiting.

Also saw a pre-season football poll yesterday and only saw 1 SEC team in the top 5. That is very rare.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:24 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

So you’re heading to Philadelphia for the Dem convention. Remember, Hillary will be there; so don’t forget to pack your lie detectors

• Laker Cat 18
      10:30 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if Hillary will make a great decision and remove security from the DNC like she did in Benghazi. No firearms allowed.

• Did they actually say they are going? Might as well. Sports news is EXTREMELY slow right now.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

That’s cute j-dub; Robert Mann is a democrat and a proponent of gun confiscation.
      Actually, Hillary’s lies are reaching pathological proportions. Claiming to come under sniper attack in Bosnia; standing next to flag draped coffins and lying to families of the victims regarding the details of their loved one’s deaths in Benghazi.
      To paraphrase N. Hawthorne: “No person, for a considerable period of time, may lie to the American People without eventually becoming bewildered as to what is the lie….and what is the truth.”

• Laker Cat 18
      11:01 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

Is it actually lying if all you do is hide things and stay silent? Obviously not. Obama won’t even say the words “Muslim” or “Islam” when referring to terrorists. What you don’t say is not a lie, but it is still a significant hit to your character in my opinion.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

RG454, in general, politician is just another euphemism for liar. Trump has told some whoppers, and so has H Clinton (and Bill, for that matter). Like I said before, they both suck. Trump is essentially a Dr. Seuss caricature, and Hillary should be riding around on a broom. The thought of either one of them leading the USA sends shivers down my spine. Wish Canada wasn’t so cold, or I might consider moving there. Can’t go to Mexico – Trump might build a wall and not let me knack in! 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

That’s from Polifact, an independent fact checking site. You’re ignoring that Trump lies almost 80% of the time.

So can we call Cliven Bundy and his idiot followers christian terrorists?

Trump is being sued for fraud over his Trump University, which wasn’t a university, just a giant ponzi scheme. He also plagiarized most of the Trump University handbook. Trump claims to have written “The Art of the Deal.” He didn’t; ghostwriter Tony Schwartz did.

Trump raped his ex-wife. He groped and sexually harassed a former work associated. He’s currently being sued for raping a 13 year old girl. Trump is also a well known good friend of a convicted pedophile and calls him a good guy. Any time a woman questions him in any way he accuses her of being hysterical and on her period. He’s currently on his third wife and is a known philanderer.

He’s been involved in 6 bankruptcies. He’s notorious for not paying contractors, lawyers, and others who do work for him. He sent his companies’ manufacturing to Mexico and China, but claims he will stop other companies from doing this. He says he will bring jobs back to America but he regularly hires foreign workers and has pushes through more than 1,000 temporary visas for foreign workers because they are cheaper. He’s been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits, even for as large as his corporate holdings are that is an inordinate number of lawsuits.

Trump openly mocked a disabled reporter.

Trump is a racist, misogynist, bigot and a complete narcissist. He only cares about himself.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

RealCatsFan: I have no problem with your comment; and, especially liked the Mexico thing; and, we all are familiar with the political game…BUT, when asked by Congress about the Benghazi deaths of American Patriots, and Hillary Clinton says, “What difference at this point does it make?”
      Well, for me, that precipitates an arousal of total revulsion.

• J-Dub, I wasn’t going to get political at all today, and I won’t say much, however…

I can’t argue with anything you say about Trump because I honestly haven’t researched much since Cruz was my guy. I still don’t trust Trump, but that chart proves nothing. There is nothing there about their methodology, which means they could have (and surely did IMO) cherry picked. You can use stats to prove up is down, down is up, left is right…

• whatwasthat
      11:38 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

@rg.454, you hit the nail on the head. Brian Williams got fired from his job for telling a similar lie about being under fire. J-Dub kudos for keeping that socialist fire stoked, I know you probably wanted Matt to run against Andy Barr, I would have liked to have seen that.
      Trump, not a great speaker, not a politician but he will beat Hillary. President Trump, mark it down.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub: I always enjoy your comments; but, you really need to get off the Huffington Post, and stop drinking the Jonestown punch.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

Feel free to research what I posted. There are reputable publications like the New York Times which have reported on these things.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

I tried to post links, but it moderated my comment.

• Laker Cat 18
      12:06 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

I’m not ignoring anything about Trump. What you see is what you get with him. You can’t say that about ANYONE else. He’s transparent for the most part, except a few pointless odds and ends.

One thing I can say about him is that he hasn’t made a decision that has gotten someone else killed and then refused to disclose AND tried to hide the facts about the situation surrounding their deaths.

Bundy made his own bed, but to be fair, he didn’t kill anyone. You can’t make your own laws, Christian or Muslim. That’s just not how it goes. Well unless your Obama. I don’t remember voting at any time to allow transgender restroom access in public facilities. Did you vote yes or no for that? He mandated it without a vote from anyone. One of the many reasons he’s been a waste of 8 years in the White House. You can’t have the mindset of, “Well I’m President of the freaking United States of America, I can make anything into a law.” You are at the mercy and power of the people. You do what they say. Unfortunately in our broken system, majority doesn’t rule.

• runningunnin.454
      12:09 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

Maybe moderation process has a bs detector; the NEW YORK TIMES, and I suppose the WASHINGTON POST?
      I’m out…..have a good weekend.

• J-Dub421
      12:28 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

If you don’t think the NY Times and Washington Post are reputable, then what is? Let me guess, you only watch Fox News home of Roger Ailes, who’s being sued for sexual harassment.

Keep bowing to your corporate overlords. Let me know if the “trickle down” ever reaches you.

• Booby Petrino
      12:55 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

yeah that chart is silly It picked over 50 statements from the last 9 years and graded them…lol doesn’t say what the basis was for which statements they picked. Come on J Dub you sound like a Louisville fan trying to argue with made-up charts.

As for the rape charges by the girl who claims to have been raped when she was 13 over 20 years ago, funny that it’s just now coming out. And has already been dismissed in one state so she’s taking it across the country to another state to try to get millions of dollars. I mean she waited 20 years and just coincidentally filed the complaint when he’s running for President…hmm might want to check her bank account and see if Hilary is passing funds along. because that’s the kind of person Hilary is. She’s desperate to win this thing, but it isn’t happening…Trump will be President. I don’t like either candidate, but I’ll take the guy whose fed up with Obama and his failed policies that have our country falling apart over the lady who is just going to continue us in the downward spiral.

• J-Dub421
      2:40 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

I can’t imagine why she would have been afraid to file a lawsuit when Trump threatened to “disappear her” and her family after raping her and punching her in the face. Her lawsuit was only rejected initially because of improper procedure when she attempted to file it herself without the help of a lawyer. She also has a witness statement to back up her claim who was also threatened.

4. So are the guys going to the Dem convention? Where is it anyway?

5. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

Why do my CPU cycles always start spinning when I get on this site? Matt, just what the hell do you have running in the background on this thing?

6. RealCatsFan
    11:28 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

Lake Cumberland is absolutely beautiful, and one of my favorite places – LOTS of good memories down there, and when I die, I might just have my ashes scattered over it. 🙂 That being said, if you own a boat and venture down there on a holiday weekend, you better have about 35 feet of boat in the water if you don’t want to get beat to death by wakes – especially on the main lake. Since our kids were born, we have found ourselves down at Dale Hollow a lot more – it’s just more laid back and family friendly. Still, I will always love Cumberland!

• Laker Cat 18
      12:09 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

August 6th is the next raft up about 2 miles from Conley Bottom on Lake Cumberland. It’s a Guinness world record for the most boats tied up with over 1,600 involved for the record. Talk about a party.

7. Fun fact:

I was away from my PC for a bit, but for those who don’t know, Herman Cain took the slot that Neal Boortz left open when he retired from talk radio. If you never heard Boortz, he was more libertarian and he often infuriated me as much as people on the left.

8. madarchitect
    11:43 am July 22, 2016 Permalink

It is fortunate that the entire country is not as politically ignorant as those who are making comments in this thread.

• runningunnin.454
      12:18 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

You mean the entire country that gave us Obama for 8 years? And, now, H. Clinton?
      Actually I’ve been a Registered Democrat for 40 years; and it’s frustrating that I haven’t been able to support a Dem candidate for President during that span.
      As Reagan once said, “I didn’t leave the Democrat Party, they left me”.
      I have no problem with the political discourse and dissent here on this site; that’s the principle that made America great.

9. ekywildcat
    2:10 pm July 22, 2016 Permalink

Donald Trump…Next POTUS. Thank God the nightmare is almost over. I’m not really that religious, but you know what I’m saying. Anyone have a link for the Kid Rock concert? I haven’t found one yet.