Would You Want Petrino at UK?

If “smugness” were a coaching skill, he’d be Bear Bryant.

Let’s play with a hypothetical for a moment.  It’s the offseason, and there’s no recruiting that we haven’t already pored over, so why not, right?

Let’s assume that Joker has a bad year this year.  I hope it doesn’t happen; I like Joker a lot.  But I think we’ll all acknowledge that this season has the potential to get pretty rough.  Now, let’s also assume that Bobby Petrino goes all year without finding employment anywhere in a coaching capacity.  The question is: if Joker is relieved, and Bobby is available, would you want to hire him?

The Case For:

Let’s be real here, the man can coach football.  If you can have that level of success at Louisville, you can do it here, too.  I’m sure of it.  The resources are a wash, and although the conference is tougher, the recruiting pipelines are a little better.  I have little doubt that in a matter of a few years, he could turn UK into a perennially ranked program.  We might not regularly win SEC titles, but that’s almost impossible here.  But we’d get to bowl games, and we’d have a good chance at winning them.  I’d say that even a BCS bowl wouldn’t be out of the question, if the stars aligned.

If UK hired Bobby Petrino, we’d be one of the few schools with competitive programs in both football and basketball.  Schools like Ohio State, Texas, and Michigan can do that more easily, simply because they have more resources.  Those schools are hugh, and their programs make a ton of money (Texas in particular).  We, on the other hand, have to be craftier about how we get football success, and Petrino seems like just the guy who could do something like that for us.

Then we get to the “poetic justice” segment of the argument: hiring Petrino would almost, almost, be a perfect retribution for Pitino leaving UK and ending up at Louisville.  The stories would be fairly similar, actually.  A school’s great, beloved coach bolts for the pros, has little success, and ends up coming back to the state.  Petrino made that additional stop at Arkansas, but that doesn’t really detract from the juiciness of that plot line.  I don’t think Petrino is as big a deal as Pitino, necessarily, but I also care a little more about basketball than I do about football.  It could go a long way in establishing the Wildcats as a good football team, and do a lot to piss of the Cards.  That sounds pretty appealing.

The Case Against:

While winning games is appealing, having Bobby Petrino as our head coach, frankly, isn’t.  If we’re acknowledging that the guy can coach, we should also acknowledge that he’s a scumbag.  A year is a long time, but do you really think people will forget about what’s just happened in the span of a season?  Again, if we’re assuming that he doesn’t get hired anywhere, why do you think that is, and why does it sound so plausible?  Because he has tremendous baggage, that’s why.  The man showed little to no morality in his recent actions, by not only spending some quality time with another man’s fiancee, but also by having her on his staff.  Sounds pretty familiar, right?  Head coach has an affair with somebody close to the program, and gets caught?  For all the trash we give Louisville fans for “Ricky Three Stacks”, you have to imagine that they’d be able to fire most of that right back at us, and that doesn’t sound enjoyable.

A friend reminded me yesterday, “He cheated on his wife, not at football.”  That’s true, and it’s a valid point.  A man’s personal life is just that, and I don’t know of any evidence that indicates Petrino has shady tactics when it comes to coaching, except bolting for better jobs.  In an era where even extremely popular football coaches are under scrutiny for all manner of devious action (like Jim Tressel and Joe Paterno), is cheating on your wife really all that bad?

Well, like it or not, Kentucky has a stigma already.  We knew it would happen when we hired Calipari.  Even though we’ve gotten to know Cal, and we’ve seen the great side of him that everyone else seems to ignore, people see us as the program who will hire anybody if it means we’ll win some games.  They don’t like Cal, and they certainly won’t like Petrino.  If we hire Bobby, we can expect people everywhere, and not just in Louisville, to view us as a program that doesn’t value integrity.  We’ll be the new national villain.  Is that fair?  No, I stand by Cal fully and think he’s a great man, and not just a great coach.  But people outside would disagree, and Petrino would just give them ammunition.

Verdict

Personally, I’d rather Joker just win a bowl game this year.  But, provided the above scenario, I still wouldn’t hire Bobby Petrino.  Cal has shown that he’s a man of character, and that’s enough for me to ignore the negative attention he gets from those who don’t know any better.  But Petrino?  I’ve seen none of that from him.  Granted, I know less about him, but it’s hard to ignore recent events that speak to the man’s character.  I just don’t see how giving people more reason to hate our school, and attack our principles, is worth winning a few football games.  Even if it does mean a BCS bowl.

I say stay away from Bobby.  But, reasonable minds could differ.

Article written by Corey Nichols

189 Comments for Would You Want Petrino at UK?

1. UK Rifle >>>> WVU Rifle
    9:01 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

First to say NO !!!!

2. Real Talk
    9:03 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Why does every football conversation start with, “I like Joker a lot.”? Why do you like him Cory? You guys party together or what? He is probably a great guy but I’ve never been around him enough to say I really like him as a person.

3. DB11
    9:03 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I love how Matt Jones spent a ton of time deflecting any possibility of this and saying that there is no chance this will happen, and then Corey Nichols goes and writes an article about the possibility.

4. SC Willow
    9:03 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

HELL NO!!!! I don’t want that fool anywhere near my daughter! He has some major issues to work out with his family. He needs a be praying a bunch. Time to smooth that back out!

5. Delaney Hanley
    9:06 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No way!!!!!

6. catcrawler
    9:06 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Good coach < Bad person , I'll pass.

7. RKA
    9:07 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No Thanks

8. Eric
    9:07 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

9. your mom says
    9:07 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

f#@!# yes! use him for the football program, the way he uses women on a bike.

10. UK Rifle >>>> WVU Rifle
    9:08 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Issues or not, I just do not like the idea of getting UL’s hand me downs.

11. BankShot
    9:08 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Would you take Pitino back at UK?

Heck no. We don’t take Card coaches. Point blank. Period.

12. EgginDallas
    9:09 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I could care less what someone does in their personal life. Seriously people, if he cheats on his wife or not, how is that any of our business? The hiring of his mistress was very stupid, and that is cause for termination. However, do you think he has learned his lesson? Well, I would take that gamble. At least his wins aren’t getting vacated, he didn’t get Arkansas in any NCAA trouble. Joker belongs in the MAC, not in the SEC. I say sure, I would love to see what (not who) he would do at UK.

13. My Season Tickets
    9:09 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes hire him yesterday!!! Lets bring back something worth the amount they charge for tickets. We really are looking at a 1-2 win season this year!!

14. minton
    9:10 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I say hayell no. Too much drama.

15. UKGrad83
    9:10 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Do not want him here. Had to live through the scandals with Mumme and Sutton. We need a coach that’s going to follow the rules. Yes, Petrino broke a rule – hiring his mistress. If he felt okay doing that, then NCAA violations would surely follow. We need a football coach that is going to represent the school well, a la John Calipari.

16. DCS195
    9:10 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

The answer is an ABSOLUTE AND RESOUNDING NO under any circumstance. I don’t care if he is 11-3 every year and in the SEC Championship game two out four years. I never want him as my coach!

17. JDH
    9:11 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’d rather have Joker coach for 10 more years than see UK hire Petrino.

18. jaws2
    9:11 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

“He cheated on his wife, not at football.” NO! He lied to the AD and everyone else around him. He cheated everyone in his life and himself. He’s done it before, and he’ll do it again unless he gets real help. I love UK football but I wouldn’t sell my soul to have a successful program.

19. Tim Miller
    9:12 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

20. Jerry056
    9:12 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

NO. Even if UK went 12-0 and won a major bowl with him NO NO NO. Petrino would have never apologized and acted humble if this scandal didn’t get the traction it did in the media. I think the Arkansas AD did the right thing by firing him. I would hope UK would have the sense not to get within 100 miles of Petrino if we needed to look for a new coach in the future.

21. Chuck
    9:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No recruiting violations, but a high libido? Yeah, I’d take him. Dude can win football games. Just put a chastity belt on all of the females in the athletic department.

22. Ryan
    9:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Bring him in, beat Louisville, fire him after the win.

23. EgginDallas
    9:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Last time I checked, UK was not a religious university. Maybe someone needs to get Joker something on the side; if that’ll get a few more wins, I’ll throw in $10 bucks.

24. 44 Stitches
    9:14 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m about 75% sure I would rather we bring back Bill Curry as a coach then hire petrino.

25. bmack
    9:15 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Absolutely not.

26. lexslamman
    9:16 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

27. beepthacreep
    9:16 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

newsflash JOKER PHILLIPS CHEATS ON HIS WIFE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ever heard of mary jo petrino

28. UK Rifle >>>> WVU Rifle
    9:16 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

UK has 2 NC’s in MCBB since 15 second RP left

UL has 0 NC’s in MCBB since 15 second RP arrived

Petrino, went 10 – 2 last season, but at least 4 games were close enough to go the other way. Would you want him if they had gone 6-6? People get jazzed by a coach that has a good record, but look at the margin of loss for Bama and LSU last year, and it tells you Petrino still has holes in his game!

29. not "no" but "hell no"
    9:17 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

that’s what I say. What a giant nugget of crap. I would rather lose every game than have this crap-bag for a coach.

30. Hey Zeus
    9:17 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

What’s so bad about infidelity?

Bravo Corey!! Not one superhero reference.

When you we’re 1-10, some of you people will be clamoring for Casanova.

31. Andy
    9:17 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

“is cheating on your wife really all that bad?”

Really?? You honestly asked that question??? Why do you have a post on here each day??

32. Jortsshorts
    9:17 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Didn’t even need to read this article. Never
    We need to support Joker and the current team.

33. Stuck in SC
    9:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

NO! Ridiculous. Don’t even suggest this trash.

34. Bigbluecalizone
    9:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Well I wondered how long this would take, never fails. The answer is no..there is no chance of this happening if me and everyone else that’s ever posted on here said yes, so why does it matter? He is washed up after this. No reputable parent would send their kid to play for this shmuck. Oh he’ll eventually get another job somewhere. Some place where young men nor their parents care about anything other than on field results. But it won’t be Lexington Ky.

35. Rich
    9:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Real curious to see the opinions on this question late November IF UK is a 2 or 3 win football team with the stadium half empty every Saturday and UL prepares for the Orange Bowl and Charlie Strong recruits the hell out of Florida while he is there. The UL punks are having a field day daily mocking and laughing at our football team. Hope I am big time wrong, but “what if”? At least the tickets will be cheap.

36. bmt22033
    9:21 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

“…is cheating on your wife really all that bad?” Yeah, I think it is. If your marriage is that bad, you should have the respect and decency to end it first. If not for your spouse, then for yourself. I realize that’s a very “old school” way to look at things, though. I guess I’m just getting old.

37. Chuck
    9:21 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Sarcasm, meet Andy.

38. lldjr
    9:22 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Should have hired MIKE LEACH last year… Hire MIKE LEACH after we suffer through this year !!

39. Al's IndiCats
    9:22 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Your first paragraph said it all CorEy. The man has the scruples of a bitch in heat, and he the personality of freshly dropped cow pie, He could win every BCS bowl he ever coached but I’d rather have a so so non bowl season, than having him as a head coach at UK.
    Maybe cheating with another woman isn’t that big of a deal to some, and by no means am I a prude, but when a man makes a promise…..It’s a promise reguardless who it’s to. Personally I hope the man can’t get another job even at the Jr. High level. Screw that smug S.O.B.!

40. Beatle Bum
    9:22 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

#4’s daughter plays football at UK?

41. wrap it up
    9:23 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Forgive Bobby…how many of you that comment here everyday…have cheated on your wife..do you see yourself as a scumbag?? in the words of guns n roses…….”forgive and let live” HIRE BOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Omigosh
    9:24 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Hire him now. Have none of you holier than thou types never messed up? Sure you have! And we’ve already hired ex-Louisville coaches – Cal has one of them on his staff and there are several on Jokers staff. The guy can win here! Hire Petrino today!

43. GREG
    9:25 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

ABSOLUTLEY NOT! HE’S A TERD—SEE ATLANTA FALCONS JOB. I WOULD RATHER STICK WITH JOKER AND LOOSE THAN WIN WITH THAT DBAG. When the time comes to make a change, there are other options we should look too. Let’s not give up on Joker just yet though.

44. MtnCat
    9:26 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes, I can’t take another 50 years of living in the SEC basement.
    I need some fresh air and this football genius can put us in the SEC penthouse.

Redemption is a wonderful thing. We can help this man and he sure as hell can help us. Throw the Hail Mary and hire the man! We ain’t got the footballs to compete as it is, what can go wrong that already hasn’t?

Or give the keys to Cal. Take a hike Mitch, SEC football is beyond you.

45. DavenderCatTheSequel
    9:27 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m less interested in his infidelity to his wife & more interested in his infidelity to his teams. So my answer is no.

46. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:27 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Nope. And it’s not about not liking him or being judgemental. It’s about the state of Kentucky athletics. If UK hires him, people will scorn the University. Compounded by the fact that people are already so willing to call us shady because we have Cal, it would just amplify things in such a way, that people would think that we have no standards as a university.

47. Catfaninrockytop
    9:28 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I say YES! He wins, what else do you want? If you want character higher a preacher. And don’t compare hiring a basketball coach to hiring a football coach at UK, they’re way different. Hell, I would’ve been ok with Mike Leach. I would risk violations for wins in football, because it’s not getting any worse than getting KILLED by Vandy of all teams.

48. Billy Bob
    9:28 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Far Meetch!

49. NoWayInHell
    9:28 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

50. People
    9:28 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

you people wanting to fire barhardt are f*&^%^& morons. YOU take a hike.

51. wilDCat
    9:29 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I say no. Not just because of his whole situation that just happened, but the circumstances under which he left the NFL too. This wasn’t just a bad situation where he was trying to cover his affair from getting out and got caught red handed, with what happened in Atlanta it shows he has a history of unsavory behavior that would inevitably not end well. Cheating on his wife or not, it’s his behavior towards other programs that matters, not what he does behind closed doors with women. For that reason, I think he’d be a very bad decision and there’s no way Mitch would hire a guy like Petrino. In other news, Joker is still a terrible coach and I do wish they would replace him.

52. EgginDallas
    9:29 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

#45 That is the most reasonable “no” comment I have read.

53. Beatle Bum
    9:30 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Did Kenny coach at UL? I thought he just played there. Joker has some ex-UL coaches. The fact he coached at UL is inconsequential. If the latest tryst was his only known mistake, then in a year or so, I think he gets a second chance, even at UK, but his past is riddled with very poor choices and lies. Because I think Mitch would never consider him, this is one of the message board exercises in futility.

54. wilDCat
    9:30 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

45 hit the point on the head apparently as I was typing my response. Good show.

55. screech
    9:31 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

56. SouthBeachWildcat
    9:32 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Can this be squashed please? Petrino is a BAD human being. Everywhere he has been he has treated that organization with deceitful actions. Louisville suffered and now Arkansas will suffer b/c of it. Stay far away. We don’t need this kind of Karma. I’ll take 6-6 and bowl games any day over it.

57. bluesince66
    9:32 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Nope, he has serious character issues. Not only in his private life, but in his coaching carreer as well. Left Auburn for UL, tried to take Tubbervilles job behind his back, and then left the Falcons in the middle of the season.

58. catsfan50
    9:33 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I would rather lose with Joker than win with Petrino.

59. Jason25
    9:34 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Every Coach his skeletons. Even President Joe Pa. Even Tressel. Even Calipari. So, to trash a guy because he cheated on his wife is stupid. This blog entry is just as stupid. What has he done that should warrant not hiring him. Did he buy a recruit? Was he not successful? The Charlie Strong thing has really worked out for UK.

60. CT
    9:35 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

NO. HELL NO.

61. ChicagoCat
    9:35 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m glad most people give a resounding “No” to this. Petrino is a scumbag and I would never want him as our coach. The comparisons to the “misunderstanding” of Cal are frankly misplaced and taken out of context.

But to all those clamoring for him because they think Joker isn’t getting it done, I ask: Why does this have to be a Joker v. Petrino thing?

I for one like Joker and still am optimistic we can succeed given time. But that aside, if we tank this year like a lot of the downers seem to think, then Joker probably gets fired/resigns and we go find a new coach. Just NOT PETRINO.

Someone, anyone else. We can be creative and find a winner without looking like the douchiest sports program in the country.

62. Ibelieveinbillyg
    9:35 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Im all for sketchy coaches!

63. Reality
    9:36 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

We’re UK football. We’re not looking for a long faithful commitment. We just want a long weekend.

64. DCS195
    9:37 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

12) It’s not that he “just cheated on his wife”. The guy is a scumbag. He has never told the truth about anything. Evidently cheating on his wife has been a habit with him which is not surprising considering he doesn’t tell the truth to recruits when he takes a commitment if he can recruit over them. He has no respect for others at all. The way he left the Atlanta Falcons by putting a note in the players’ lockers. He doesn’t respect anyone and that’s how he could do what he did to his wife and family.

65. Blueridge Cat
    9:38 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’d rather get rid of Cal and hire Bobby Knight. Well maybe not that much, but pretty strong NO.

66. McGhee
    9:39 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes, to piss of UL fans

67. me
    9:40 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

68. East Kentucky Infidel
    9:40 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

“He who is without sin cast the first stone”

Man is football Moses, and we have been lost for 40 years.

Have you eyes but cannot see?

69. Bobby Petrino
    9:41 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Not even I could win football games at UK.

70. me_love_kate
    9:41 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’ve got an idea … why make this a choice between Joker and Petrino??? Let’s get rid of Joker and hire someone else, other than Petrino!!

(this is precedent upon the assumption that was make that this year would be terrible, with on a couple of wins. If Joker can get his act together and win, let’s keep him.)

71. HicksPickSix
    9:42 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Corey Nichols likes his crust stuffed with weiner.

72. MtnCat
    9:43 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Careful what you wish for #58.

73. barn
    9:45 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

let’s just fire joke and hire somebody. else

74. GBB
    9:46 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

75. hell no
    9:46 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

hell no

76. Duuuuuude
    9:46 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

This discussion makes me feel dirty. No!

77. Blue Iris
    9:47 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

see #49

78. DCS195
    9:47 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

42) This is not merely a state of “messing up” with Petrino. When a person messes up they do something out of character without fully realizing the ramifications of their actions. For Petrino, this is totally within his character. His character or lack thereof will never change. That’s why anyone who hires him will just be waiting for the next episode of his distasteful actions to occur.

79. IIXChamps
    9:48 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Wasn’t there a former coach at UK chasin’ co-eds that did work out too well ??? Bring Paul Petrino in andsee what Lil Bro can do.

80. East Kentucky Infidel
    9:49 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

#69 has a point. UKAA is the problem.

81. sahump1
    9:50 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Nah…not with squeaky clean Mitch Barnhart as Athletic Director.

Replace Mitch with somebody who isn’t quite so hoity-toity, then we might talk…but I probably still wouldn’t go for it.

82. Wall2Cousins
    9:51 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky has a football team???????????????????

83. fencepost
    9:53 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

NOT!!!!!NOT only NO!!! BUT Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the BIG BLUE NATION KEEP IT CLEAN

84. Still No Shirts
    9:54 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

So, the day after the championship I ordered 2 t-shirts from theKSRShop.com. As of today they haven’t arrived. So, I called the number at Fan Outfitters. I’m told that they haven’t shipped yet (even though my account on their website says they have been exported). They put the blame on Nike and offer to ship the one they DO have in stock, refund my money for the other shirt, and call me if they get things straightened out with Nike.

I wonder how much longer they would have kept me hanging if I hadn’t called. Pretty crappy customer service, if you ask me. Well, you didn’t but I told you anyway.

85. Section 133
    9:54 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No freaking way. You people calling for this are the same people who revel in Ricky P’s misdeeds. You’ve got to be kidding. This should never have been posted. Stupid. And you morons who go on about Joker and his supposed daliances should be drawn and quartered. Just shut the f*** up.

86. real ky fan
    9:55 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

If Joker never wins another game I would keep him rather than hire Petrino. Joker may not be able to coach football, but at least he appears to be a decent human being.

87. wilDCat
    9:55 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m still amazed by all of the people (though it’s mostly Corey’s fault) that think the issue with Petrino was that he cheated on his wife and hired the woman to the program. That is not Petrino’s issue. Lying to the AD, lying to the press, WALKING OUT ON THE JOB like he did at Atlanta are the real issues.

88. with bible in hand
    9:56 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Only thing he needs to do is find Jesus and it’s all good.

89. mike
    9:56 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No, no, and h*** no! Besides, when Charley Strong bolts for a better job (and he will), Jurich will want to bring petrino back to the dirty birds. Imagine the moral fiber of a school (and an AD) that would have both Pitino and Petrino.

90. TN Cat
    9:57 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Petrino isn’t the guy but you all need to find somebody other than the joke that you have as coach. I’m guessing this year will be the last year of the Joker experiment so everyone might as well start coming up with ideas on who the next coach will be.

91. Pitino/Petrino: Meh
    9:57 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

No way he would/should be even considered. We don’t need his kind. It would ruin whatever shred of dignity our football team has left. Any career he has left in football will have to be in the pros.

92. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    9:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

1. He’s a scumbag with a long history of being unethical both on and off the field.
    2. He has Cardinal stink on him and that doesn’t wash off.

93. uklagdo
    9:59 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Petrino wasn’t fired for cheating on his wife. He was fired for hiring his mistress; thereby opening the University up to 159 sexual harassment lawsuits based on that hiring decision, attempting to cover it up and also lying to his supervisor about all of it – including the initial hiring conflict of interest.

94. UKBlue
    10:01 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Absolutely not.

95. UKfootballsux
    10:03 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes. Strictly a football move to get us out of the basement!

96. EgginDallas
    10:03 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

#84 And I thought I was the only one. Everyday I go to my door excepting to see my package and…. nothing. I also ordered 2 shirts on Tuesday, the day after the game, and have not received anything. I get an email 2 days ago saying they shipped, which is absolutely ridiculous. The last time I ordered from the KSR shop, I ordered 2 shirts: 1 was short sleeve, but I received a long sleeve. The other was another short sleeve, yet the shirt I got wasn’t even the one I ordered. From now on I will buy from Nike directly, since they sell the same shirts on their site. Also, Kennedy’s is great with shipping, and their selection isn’t bad either. I’m so pissed off over these shirts, there is no excuse for waiting this long. And given their prior history of terrible shipping and customer service, I should have expected this.

97. G
    10:05 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Absolutely not! I do not want his A** representing the BBN.

98. UKfootballsux
    10:06 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

#96 I wake up every morning and have my package right there with me. Don’t have to go to the door for it!

99. SeoulCat
    10:09 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

My problem with Bobby isn’t that he was screwing around with some younger women. Hell, I don’t care if he has a caravan of circus midgets who occupy his den and give him satisfaction on a nightly basis. What I don’t like about Bobby is that he lied to his employer, and that is a strike against him.

Still, he is a proven winner on the football field, and has proven that an upgrade in quality 20-25 year-old tail follows him wherever he goes.

So,,,

Hire him.

100. EgginDallas
    10:10 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

101. miked
    10:11 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal was public emeny #3 behind The General and Ricky Quick Drip before he became a member of BBN. Now he is revered. Before we lose to Vandy by three touchdowns next year, I would take a chance on anyone. It would be amazing what a 10 win season would do for OUR character in football.

102. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    10:11 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

This is not just an off-the-field issue with Petrino. This is about lying to his boss and gross abuse of power. And don’t forget Petrino’s past. This is the coach who lied to cover up a secret meeting with Auburn while he was a U of L. Do you really want a coach who doesn’t have any respect his own position as coach and the duties and responsibilities therein? We just went trough that with Gillespie.

103. Cassonova
    10:12 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

He needs a job, we need a coach. I don’t care if he cheated on his wife, I’ll bet they’re are other coaches involved with infidelities too. Not our business. How do we get a high profile coach at UK? One with some serious PR problems, that’s how.

We can fire him later or he can up and quit later, right now lets win some games.

104. Me either
    10:12 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Dont feel bad #84 and #96. I haven’t received my order either. I’ll guarantee you one thing, I will never buy from the KSR shop again.

105. No No No
    10:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

That video is great stuff 67! Perfect for showing at Big Blue Madness when we hire Petrino. I’ll pass.

106. yeseterdays
    10:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Never say never. Lets see where we are in a year and then re-evaluate. Joker loves UK and I hope it works. If it does not, lets see whos out there. I am praying that we could get someone to inject FUN back into UK football. It hasnt been fun these last two years outside of a Randal Cobb highlight. You dont have to win big at UK, but please, please, please- Entertain me and be competitive.

107. zeke
    10:14 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

How could anybody who loves UK would even think about hiring a scud bag like this? I would love to have a winning football team, but going this low, noway. Put him in with the our outstanding coaches. YUCK

108. GOBIGBlue
    10:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Who cares! Just win games! Doesn’t matter if it’s with Joker, Petrino, Leach, Gruden, Parcells. I’ve been watching UK football for all 32 years of my life and I’m tired of losing. I love Cal and thankful for what he has done for the university but if anyone say’s they weren’t a little nervous about him when he got hired, they are lying. We don’t have to win the BCS but at least be respectable in the SEC.

109. Alex
    10:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Good write-up. I think you are leaving out one big negative. If he won here, he’d be gone in a heartbeat. We’d sully ourselves for, at best, a year or two of success.

110. EgginDallas
    10:19 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Easy #107 And if you wan’t a winning football team, then you wan’t a winning football team. Morality has nothing to do with it. You can’t say I want a winning football team but noway…. because if you want Joker, then you really do not want to win.

Bobby Petrino

Career Record: 8 Years, 75-26, .743 W-L%
    Bowl Record: 7 Bowls, 4-3, .571 W-L%
    Major Schools: Louisville (41-9) and Arkansas (34-17)

111. EgginDallas
    10:19 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

*want. No idea why I typed wan’t.

112. Jayinthemiddle
    10:19 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Even having the conversation is embarrassing.

113. ham hunter
    10:19 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I gotta say I would be open to it. We either have to hire unproven, up and comers, or proven coaches with baggage. I would be willing to take a shot if we had a contract that limited his chances to screw up and hammered him for leaving us in a lurch.

114. Bledsoe's Biceps
    10:21 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

As 87, 93 & others have said, this is not about his most recent infidelity. If that was his only issue, then he would be worth considering. But this man is absolute lying scum who cares about no one but himself. He has zero integrity. He has proven this repeatedly. UK does not need this piece of garbage.

115. jonathan
    10:23 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

If Petrino just cheated on his wife, it wouldn’t be that bad. It’s the fact that he was having an affair with a subordinate. In the real world, we call that sexual harassment. That’s what lead to his termination. If it wasn’t for that, I’d be all for having him coach the football team.

116. ShagOnSports
    10:28 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

At first I was a yes but after the last few days I am Hell No!

117. Give me a Racoon, please.
    10:29 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Poythress???

118. No…no…a thousand times…NO!

119. CatGrad7072
    10:31 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Like many have already mentioned, we shouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Besides, how many other SEC – major FBS schools are asking this same question today?

120. playersfan
    10:31 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Forget the sex, the man lies when his mouth come open, he tried to get 5 or 6 jobs while telling Louisville, he was there for life and was going anywhere. Then he screwed the Falcons, didn’t even finish one year, and left them in a mess. Then he goes to Arkansas and screws that up, I don’t think there will be many programs that line up to hire him, he is too damaged outside of sex, he is totally untrustworthy in every program he has been at.

121. Rusty Bible Belt Buckle
    10:36 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Amazing how many folks think marital infidelity is no big deal. Bake a casserole and get thee to your baptist bible study meeting.

122. Crackerhillbilly
    10:37 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

This is a totally stupid article. You NEVER, NEVER hire a peice of garbage like Bobby Petrino.

123. BravoBigBlue
    10:38 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Stupid question. The guy and his brother are total douche bags and anybody that came in contact with them while they were at UL will tell you that. I seriously doubt that dickhead Petrino would make UK an SEC title contender. Get real. When Joker is relieved of his duties after the upcoming season, go out and hire a good coach and a decent person. Believe it or not, there are plenty of them still out there. I am Old School, bam!

124. RICK
    10:41 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

THE CARDS HIRE OUR LEFT OVERS WE DONT HIRE THERES. NO, NO, NO, NO

125. Morals!
    10:41 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I say yes, if I based everything I did of off peoples morals I probably wouldn’t go to the doctor, the dentist or any other activity that involved people. I believe he has learned and knows he only has one more chance, besides were talking about replacing Joker!

126. 3cats
    10:41 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Please we have a coach and we need to support him until he is not. But in no way do we hire this&!^%^%%!**((! man. Go CATS!!

127. Wes
    10:42 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

It’s more than just his wife. The man has no loyalty to anyone or anything. He was taking meetings about other jobs his first year at Louisville. He bailed on the Falcons with 3 games left on his only season in the NFL, he didn’t have the decency to hang around for the last 3 games, or even to man up and tell the players/owners he was leaving, he had someone tape a fax to the lockers. The affair is worse than just cheating on its wife, its involving a former student that he got a job in the athletics department by lying to his AD.

The man has lied to the face of everyone he has ever spoken to including his wife.
    Any school that hires him gets what they deserve and I just hope it’s not us.

128. john4uk
    10:44 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I would hir Petrino in a nano second.The guy can coach.The problem at Arkansas is an ethical/moral issue between two consenting adults.i would bet that all of those moralists responding here have probabaly had the same issues and never thought a thing about it because they did’nt get caught.
    Seem like i remember reading on a UK web site that there were rumors of Joker having an extramaritial affair.He’s still here and the holy rollers have’nt come out of the woodwork yet.
    Kentucky needs a Football coach,and that is what Petyrino is,his sex life is his business,and as long as he can put a winning ,competitive program on the field,let him coach.

129. Dan
    10:48 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Amazing that so many Wildcat fans would trade winning a few games vs. hiring a person of such low moral character….Having said that Kentucky doesn’t hire UL’s sloppy seconds that’s Jurichs job. Next I’d point out the perception that the majority of us have had to defend when UK hired Calipari that he was scum as well…..but there’s a hugh difference between perception and reality. And the cold hard reality is everything that’s been said about Petrino is true unlike Cal. Personally I think we’re better than that. And should hold ourselves and the University of Kentucky to a higher standard. JMO.

130. cdc_uky
    10:57 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

My answer is YES and here is why:
    -We will never get a coach whose name will bring in recruits and that is the only way to take our program to another level (bc we have no recruiting base in-state).
    -After some success, he will leave quickly anyway. Let him put us on the map and take his talents and low character elsewhere.
    -All of you talking about a “higher standard” at UK are also on here complaining about the state of the football program.
    -Only option to get a BIG NAME coach to Lexington is if he is damaged goods.

131. WSFLWildcat
    10:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care how bad our football can get sometimes, it is not OK to compromise all that is right and hire a fool like Petrino.

132. kfund
    10:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Never. Period. Never peroid.

Don’t be insane. He’s wholly unreliable, both at work and in morals. UK hiring him would be the butt of jokes, deservedly so, when he is hired, and shortly thereafter, when he leaves abruptly.

Absurd to consider.

133. University of Purgatory
    10:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Let’s not forget what the bible says about forgiving of sins…..can someone help me out here???

134. BigHerm
    11:07 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Just win baby of course i’d love Petrino. If Pitino went to Uvel why not have Petrino come to UofK?

135. best1978
    11:08 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Hell no.

136. the Big Dog
    11:13 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

The Tards are used to UK’s castoffs- Rick Petino, Marvin Stone, several football players. That does not mean that UK needs theirs. This guy is bad news. He is not the only football coach. Why the hell did we not hire Mike Leach when he was available?

137. real ky fan
    11:15 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

133) Just because you forgive a person who sins against you does not mean you have to bring that person into a position of responsibility. A person has to expect punishment for his wrongful actions even if he is forgiven.

138. DerbyDemon
    11:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

My, how we love to toot our own horn. Who in the hell ever said Petrino would COME to UK?

139. Nerlens
    11:18 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes! Hire him! He will help uk football get #1!!!! (championship)

140. Nerlens
    11:19 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Just kidding

141. 3 fan
    11:20 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Hell yes. I don’t care if Joker is a great guy, our football program SUCKS!!!! Can anyone remember a time where fan interest has been so low?

Does anyone truely give an ish about the upcoming season?

142. nl
    11:20 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

You’re an asshole if u think cheating on your wife isn’t a big deal.

143. Jasper
    11:26 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Newsflash. Petrino HATES UK!!! Does no one remember him flipping off the fans at Commonwealth? Or how about when he called us the “smurfs” before we played Louisville last year and the said he hopes we get killed!!! Some of you KSR writers have about as much sports knowledge as Digger Phelps left nut.

144. cash
    11:27 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

meh, ill take him over joker

145. Onthetoilet
    11:30 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

First!

146. hooch
    11:32 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t this the guy that quit on the Falcons? Isn’t this the guy that was interviewing with other teams early in his contracts and lying about it? And cheating on his wife might not sound like a big deal to some (it should, but that’s my opinion), but a guy that does that might not treat his team too much differently.

147. Catlantan
    11:35 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

As a Falcons fan, I say NO WAY. He absolutely ran the program into the ground here and then he left…after 12 games!!!! Players hated him, management hated him and fans hate him. If things didnt go his way at UK…he would deflect blame onto players and Barnhart and if they did go his way, he would jump to another team.

148. ztrain7276
    11:37 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I liked Bill Curry as well, but I don’t want him back. We already are the national villains, just read the nonsense about Calipari. UL fans shoot off about that already, we should be used to it by now. Quite frankly, it only makes beating them that much sweeter in my mind. If I was Mitch I would dump Joker right now and hire Petrino. Not necessarily as a permenant option, just someone to take the program to the next level. Maybe this will take him down a notch, Rick seemed like a different person during the Tourney. If anything will bring Petrino back to earth, this incident is it. The trash talk that would come would be out of jealousy and hatred, they wouldn’t necessarily believe it. I still have UL fans who tell me they pity us because our whole team is leaving and we didn’t get to know them. Apparently our title means nothing. Haters are going to hate, Petrino would win and win quickly, that would make UL fans lives miserable, and I can’t think of anything I would enjoy more. Except maybe to repeat and get #9.

149. bluebiscuit
    11:38 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

12, he didn’t keep his private life private, he brought it into his work life. He hired the woman into the athletic department, so he made his affair a part of his job. He lied to his AD about it too. He was making a zillion tweets and calls a day, how could he focus on his job, anyway? Don’t need him here.

150. your mom
    11:39 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

are the majority of the people who say no, football fans?

151. smartcatfan
    11:47 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

this guy is a scumbag. he left a job midseason for crying out loud.

152. TD7
    11:50 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

We don’t need SCUZ in our athletics program…he can move on down the road!!

153. Tom Blevins
    11:50 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

My answer is the same as it would have been before he was caught cheating on his wife, NO! Even Louisville deserves a better coach than Petrino, much less my beloved Wildcats. He might win some games for us, but he wouldn’t be any truer to us than he was to his wife. People say bad things about the University of kentucky because we have John Calipari as our basketball coach. If we had Petrino as our football coach, people would say more bad things about us, and we would deserve it.

154. Diggit Pelps
    11:55 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

LISTEN TO ME!! Just say NO to Petrino !! Arkansas knew what they were getting and look how it turned out. It would be the same at Kentucky. He’d find a way to embarrass the university. I’d rather lose with Joker than win with this immoral scum.

155. UK Football fan
    11:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I love Kentucky football. Not sure I’d watch or care if we stooped that low. Forget the moral aspect of it. The dude has a long and CONSISTENT history of being a liar and downright douchebag. What’s amazing is that SOMEBODY will absolutely hire this clown in the next 12 months. My guess is that he turns up as an asst. somewhere (NFL perhaps?), but eventually … he’ll be a head coach at a D1 school. And that school will come to regret it too.

156. Robert Quarles
    11:58 am April 13, 2012 Permalink

I just want to go home…….. petriNO!!!!!!!!

157. Tony
    12:03 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

He probably wouldn’t even come to UK anyway. Bottom line though is UK is gonna HAVE to do something soon. I’m sick of hearing Mitch talk about how much Joker loves UK and wants the football program to succeed “more than anybody else.” That’s fine I guess but it’s a simple fact that Joker has pretty much been a deer caught in headlights ever since he was named Coach-In-Waiting. If he loves UK Football so much then why does he seem to not have any fire or passion in him when he’s coaching?? Kentucky will NEVER get to the next level with a Head Coach who has ZERO personality, and gets so easily offended at any little criticism. Man up Mitch!!

158. Destry
    12:05 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Petrino is a piece of crap scumbag. Has always been. The recent stuff at Arkansas is just the latest. If he came to UK, I would cancel my K fund and season tickets.

159. Jubrho
    12:10 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Post joker, let’s hire a winner without the baggage. Spurrier, Lou Holtzer, Paterno, Bear Bryant’s corpse.

160. MWhite
    12:11 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Hell No!

161. sean
    12:13 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

what do you all mean no? can you even fathom a 10 and 2 season you bball warped morons, why should the idiots on this site that say they dont care about football get to post “no” on this

162. Patches O'Houlihan
    12:18 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

“having her on his staff” – too funny!!!

163. UKBlue
    12:32 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

1. This is never going to happen 2. IF UK has to hire a guy like Petrino, then that just shows how desperate & how far behind UK program is to everybody else. Listening to Barnhart the other day on the show (being in his position on this subject can’t be fun), he already knows this year is going to be a disaster & e knows he is going to have to fire Joker, but his hands are currently tied.

164. comeetsome
    12:44 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

We love our spouse cheating football coaches around here. Maybe Mary Ho. can give joe a ride too….

165. Participant
    12:54 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

#49 says it all. Or if that is not plain enough, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

166. DD
    1:01 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

People, our program is desperate, we all would be better off if we admit that. We stink, we went from being slightly above average to a whipping post in about a year. Petrino would fix that immediately. Morals aside, people make mistakes. Nick Saban had a similar reputation with leaving places before Alabama. I don’t think hiring him was a mistake. We could be a player in the SEC in about three years with Petrino. Some of these people must not be football fans, or are just too scared of getting their feelings hurt by ESPN or Louisville fans. We have a possibility to be a good team, but we won’t take a risk. We have nowhere to go but up, Petrino doing something stupid would not take us down anymore. We can’t go any lower! Is Joker a good guy? Yes, but that is not a qualification to coach football. #HIREPETRINO!!!

167. GoCats
    1:16 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

It all comes down to what is more important: winning football games or the moral integrity of a program. I would like to hope that most people’s answer would be our program’s integrity. I hate losing just as much as the next Kentucky fan, but Petrino is not the answer. Regardless of his terrible personal decisions, he is a LIAR professionally as well. With Mitch Barnhart here, he won’t be hired.

168. No way
    1:17 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

No way, he bolted to as auburn’s oc to Ul, he bolted from Ul to the pros left Ul in shambles. He failed in the pros and he was a dirtbag at Arkansas. Thanks but no thanks

169. Zac
    1:18 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’d say yes because at this point I’m almost willing to do anything to save our football program before Joker ruins it. If Petrino can be successful as he was at Louisville, he can be successful at Kentucky even though the SEC is beyond superior against the Big East.

170. Issel's two front teeth
    1:23 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

One way are another, Joker is gonna get screwed by a Petrino. JK!

171. Issel's two front teeth
    1:23 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

^ or

172. PhilCC
    1:31 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Incredibly stupid post on the day after North Korea’s “Little Rick Like a Rocket” penile missile lasted for less than a minute.

KSR needs to recruit better writers!!

173. REAL BLY
    1:34 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Bobby cheated on UofL…he cheated on the Falcons…he cheated Arkansas…he cheated his WIFE….

get it….he is a CHEATER!!!!

Screw Petrino….I’d rather look at a confused Joker than a winning Bobby!!!

174. rokentucky
    2:13 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

175. kevin
    2:16 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I would hire him in a heartbeat who cares if he cheated on his wife, hell John F. Kennedy cheated on his wife all the time and no one cared. Its business and with him we might actually win more than 1 or 2 games next season. He has never had any wins vacated either.

176. kevin
    2:17 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

and he cant really leave our program in shambles if he leaves, its already in shambles

177. notafan
    2:39 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m not a UK fan, just lived in the area for a long time, so every once in a while like to see what my friends are reading on here. I’m actually a HUGE Michigan fan (and am admittedly one of those guys that can’t stand Calipari, but congrats on you NC), and I appreciate the praise for UM being a school that can compete well in both sports (especially since the whole Ed Martin scandal has settled)….Obviously, I’m far more of a football fan and would be totally disgusted if Mich hired a coach like Petrino. I advise y’all not to even mess around with someone who isn’t sold out to make KY into a real football program, we as Michigan fans learned this lesson from Rich Rodriguez (who bolted from WVU for the next best thing and failed miserably). Don’t hire mercenary coaches. You need someone at the helm who has a real passion to bring your program into the limelight, and to compete year-in-year-out. one that will pour his heart and soul into the players and the program to get it to that level, and that might take some time on Mitch’s part to do so. No quick fixes with Petrino b/c this guy has just about the worst track record I’ve ever seen for a football coach. He literally left a job mid-season b/c his star QB (vick) was in trouble and he saw a greener pasture in Arkansas. He also walked on L-Ville overnight. Now he pulls this crap at Arkansas…..Don’t listen to people who say it was a Personal mistake, not a Football mistake, it was both. When you are in that kind of spotlight, you have to be held accountable for personal issues, you just do…UM prides itself on hiring men of integrity to lead its programs (obviously we’ve made a few mistakes with guys like Steve Fisher, Gary Moeller and Rich Rod), and I think it would be best for you all to do so as well, even if it means a bit of rebuilding, and the tearing down of everything has to take place. Don’t put the mark on your program that Hal Mummy already did. Go find yourselves someone that will win the hearts of the fans, players, and the rest of his coaches, and does so with integrity.

178. jbone
    3:21 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

As a UK fan and a huge Atlanta Falcons fan I offer a resounding NO. With the Falcons no player was allowed to speak to him directly and talking during team flights/meals was prohibited. Not to mention he abandoned the team 13 games into his first season, lowlife all the way around.

179. MC Hammer
    3:36 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’d take him

180. gary
    3:57 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

first, i don’t want him either and a year is along time, but they seem to have forgotten about what happened in louisville, which imo is a lot worse than what happened in arkansas.

181. Bluecat
    4:46 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I’d take him in a heartbeat to coach Kentucky. Tell you one thing, UL would take him back no questions asked if Strong goes to Arkansas. He is a winner, an offensive genius.

182. Bluegrass Jimmy
    6:08 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Yes bring him on! We need someone with his football mentality, I think he has learned a valuable lesson, be good to rub salt in U of L eyes! L yes!! LMAO!

183. snarkster
    6:20 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Ah Hell No!!

184. Dent44
    6:36 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

BIg F’ing NO!!!

185. Lord Byron
    6:58 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

Anybody that would want Petrino at UK would sell your soul to the devil, for a blonde bimbo and $20K. It’s OK to be a UK fan, but are you really serious about stepping so low that you would accept a liar, a cheat, and a jerk so you could win a football game. If so, then the name KENTUCKY means nothing to you and you should move out of this State. I’d rather lose 10 games a year than win 10 and say Bobby Petrino was the UK coach. Have a little respect for the State of Kentucky! Petrino walked away from Louisville, he walked away from Atlanta, he was FIRED from Arkansas, and a few of you think, what…he would stay at UK for more than two years? He would have us on NCAA probation, sleep with a few coed’s, and bale for parts unknown, leaving us with a 10 year clean up. Really people, don’t be D U M B!

186. Flippy23
    7:01 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t hire that little pug-nosed Micky Rooney clone if he agreed to do it for free…..

187. Flippy23
    7:02 pm April 13, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t pee on him if he was on fire…….

188. krautdog
    11:10 am April 14, 2012 Permalink

He’d be OK if you could “keep his pants from burning”.WON”T HAPPEN!

189. Janie Bunch