WKYT Signs Deal To Air Classic UK Games

In what I think is a pretty cool move for all UK fans, WKYT announced today that they’ve signed a deal that will allow them to air classic UK football and basketball games throughout the year.  The station sent out a press release today announcing “Big Blue Encore”, which will kick off July 16 and 17 with showings of 1998 UK vs. LSU and 2007 UK vs. U of L football games.  The station now holds the rights to all broadcasts dating back to 1956.

It’s about time Stevie Got Loose again.  Awesome news.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

10 Comments for WKYT Signs Deal To Air Classic UK Games

1. tdogg4033011
    5:41 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

The Leach audio on “Stevie got loose” gives me cold chills every time

2. Mr Schwump
    6:53 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

Showing football highlites would only take about 15 minutes.

3. Park Diesel
    6:53 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

That’s great that we’ll start to see classic UK games on TV now but…

I suddenly feel the urge for a quarter pounder with cheese after watching the video.

4. No dancing allowed!
    7:25 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

I wanna see the UK LSU foozball game from 2007 U jokers!?!

5. chad
    7:47 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

I remember being at that game. It was my first Kentucky football game and I will never forget that feeling. It was greater than anything I have experienced as a Kentucky fan up until the last two SEC Tournaments that I was at. The last two take the nod because they were SEC Tournaments and this last one people counted us out for winning the Tournament.

6. seth
    8:26 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

will games be online?

7. UKChill Fan
    9:57 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

How do us hicks out here in western Ky get to see it?

8. Football Man
    10:20 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

it’s what made me buy season tix! It happened once last yr. w/win over rooster cocks. It needs to happen alot more!!! Get the players of today to watch, study, and learn how to make big plays. Practice until they can do it in their sleep!

9. Catfan50
    11:15 pm July 12, 2011 Permalink

Does anybody know what channel if any Big Blue Encore will be shown in Louisville?

10. 7aintenough
    10:41 am July 13, 2011 Permalink

Beisner, I know you don’t live in Lexington and I’m sure you want to watch the games as well. I’m in Louisville and this is great DVR material and I want to know if there is anyway we could still be able to watch these, even though we dont have WKYT.