Wizards nearing contract extension with John Wall

John+Wall+BBVA+Rising+Stars+Challenge+X28QOmwh0TFx

Good news for John Wall: ESPN is reporting that the Washington Wizards are nearing a contract extension with Wall that’s expected to be in the 5-year/$80 million range. Wall stormed back from injury this past season to play some of his most impressive basketball to date. He’s currently in Las Vegas for the Team USA Basketball Mini-Camp.

Everyone do a little John Wall dance in his honor tonight before bed.

10 Comments for Wizards nearing contract extension with John Wall

1. Lena
    10:29 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

A round of John Wall shots for all.

2. Duke sucks
    10:52 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Put some players around Wall and he could be on par with D Rose! Wall is at his best being one of the men instead of the only man. I think they made a epic mistake in this years draft.

3. From the Window....
    10:57 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

…..to the Wall.

4. UKBlue
    11:02 pm July 24, 2013 Permalink

Wall is understandably great, but he needs to go hang out with Steve Nash & learn some finesse moves.

5. Nah
    3:46 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

@4 If Nash was gonna teach John anything it would be work to correct his jump shot, which John is already on his was to doing. Nash’s ability to get to the basket is a product of him being a lefty. Lets get real, Steve Nash is not gonna break you down with the ability to pull some sick crossover and blow by you. GET REAL.

6. Jordan
    5:39 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t realize Nash was a lefty since he shoots righty and all. Interesting.

7. ktmiln2
    8:00 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

#5- It’s pretty obvious you don’t watch much of Steve Nash.

8. Scott Baio
    8:08 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

I for one hope he doesn’t sign the extention and test the free agency market next summer. Pair Wall up with some of the huge talent that will be available next summer and he could be winning NBA championship soon.

9. Garmaster
    11:07 am July 25, 2013 Permalink

Going by 5.’s logic, we should all just drive to the left when we play basketball and we can get to the rim whenever we want. I’m gonna try that next time I play.

10. Megan
    4:02 pm July 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow, $80 million. With $16.6 million over his first three years, he’s already financially independent, or should be. And with $80 million more in five years – that’s close to $100 million, in salary alone, before he turns 28 – it makes me wonder why he would continue to endure the rigors of the NBA. He’ll be able to do anything he wants with his life. Anything. Seems to me he should take advantage of that opportunity while he’s still young.

“You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.”