Winston Guy reacts to being drafted

Winston Guy was the first of two Kentucky football players to hear his name called in the 2012 NFL Draft. Guy had to wait 3 days, but his big moment finally came when the Seattle Seahawks called his name with the 181st overall pick, in the 6th round. Kyle Tucker, the Courier Journal’s beat writer, was able to talk to Winston Guy shortly after he received the news.

“It feels good man. This is very exciting. It hasn’t hit me yet. Eventually it will, but it’s just unbelievable. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to play… I’m going to go in with a chip on my shoulder, with something to prove. I’m going to show everybody I’m willing to do whatever it takes to play– special teams, anything.”

To read the full interview with former Wildcat Winston Guy, click here.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

12 Comments for Winston Guy reacts to being drafted

1. Blue Balls
    10:16 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

And think, if only he had gone to a better school he probably would have gone first round! Oh wait..

2. dom
    10:30 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Do you Winston! Congratulations

3. Soupdog
    10:52 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Does the NFL teach how to wrap up?

4. Big Blue 66
    11:00 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

to change the subject, I think D Rose should rehab in Lexington

5. Hahaha
    11:05 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

Hahahahaha

181st hahahaha

Practice squad then dropped

If only he’d gone to a better school

Uk football is pathetic I love to watch them try so hard to only fail so grand

Hahaha

Rise huh???

Operation win huh??????

Jokers sucks
    Mitch shoul be sent packing to for not doing his job and firing the hack

Wonder how Mary ho P thinks about this

6. CajunBBN
    11:05 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

1) Just curious what are we waiting for?

7. me
    11:22 pm April 28, 2012 Permalink

idiot>5. Yes I meant an idiot is greater than #5

8. Barnhart for governor
    1:07 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

#5 I guess your right fire Barnhart he’s really sucks at his job lets count the ways.Mens and woman BB just aren’t up to par. The baseball team isn’t working to well. The softball can’t get it done. Hell even the rifle team sucks, Uk blows in the capital one cup. Football is the only fail we got Jokers not produced so far but he did earn the right to get his shot at the top job. And It wouldn’t have been fair not to have given him time to get the job done. If Joker has a bad year he will be replaced. But Barnhart has done a wonderful job Joker hasn’t. Stop making yourself look like a jackass

9. DDT
    7:57 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

#8: one thing

Football pays for allllll those sports minus bball

So yeah he failed

Just like your port

How r your rifle team season tickets going or baseball tickets

Oh u don’t give a shi t about them only when they’re #1 in the country
    I hate as s blowers like u

10. tyrus
    9:24 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

You got 3 1/2 years. Save your money!

11. Mudcreekmark
    11:39 am April 29, 2012 Permalink

Winston Guy went from a hometown hero to a much despised asshole with one comment. He cannot take it back, he said it and he meant it. Apologies will not be accepted. UK gives him a free college education and this is the thanks they got.

12. C'on man
    7:08 pm April 29, 2012 Permalink

#9 You make no damn since. Yes football makes a lot of money but this is Kentucky not Ohio basketball is the cash cow. the sec divides up the bowl money evenly so what bowl you make isn’t that huge of a deal. To want to fire the ad over a sport we haven’t been good at in 30 years is crazy. I case you haven’t got the memo we are not Notre Dame. If Joker has a bad year he will be replaced but don’t blame the fans are administration. Money and support are there. It is on the coaching staff alone.