Willie Cauley-Stein’s new Twitter name is nice

We follow every single word that Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, and Alex Poythress say on Twitter, but the fourth member of UK’s class of 2012 has flown under our social network radar. That is, until now.

Over the weekend, Willie Cauley-Stein, who I didn’t even realize had a tweeting device until recently, changed his handle from @Imtoopotent35 to @WCS15timefor9.

I don’t know that there has ever been an incoming freshman class with so much talk of winning a title. Last year’s team was expected to do it, but we didn’t hear much of it coming from the guys themselves. This group of Noel, Goodwin, Poythress, and Cauley-Stein is on a mission to repeat and they’re not afraid to tell you about what they have their eyes set on.

It’s time for 9, indeed.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein’s new Twitter name is nice

1. SexnNursinHomes
    3:03 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

good thing he changed that. I thought his name said “too impotent”. We can’t have our guys walking around with boner issues. Jus sayin’.

2. Big Richard P
    3:11 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Whats a matter Drew? You didn’t tear up reading his tweets? Seems like you have cried during every other UK basketball post for about 3 weeks. 😀

3. TimeFor9
    3:12 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

good job Sexn, that was def better than First!

4. Jake_GOCATS
    3:15 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Anthony Davis guaranteed a national championship before he even stepped foot on campus. I don’t think any of these incoming recruits have reached that level yet, collectively or individually.

5. SexnNursinHomes
    3:16 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

3- haha!

6. ShowmeyourBrass_O_face
    3:17 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

WCS is like a right handed version of perry stevenson, mixed with a little bit of jacob tamme…

7. Rockfield,KY
    3:44 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

6. I’ll take that if he has Tamme’s toughness and hands with Perry’s attidue and rebounding/shot blocking. I just hope he doesn’t travel 75% of the time like the Prairie Dog did.

8. OogieBoogieMan
    3:46 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

#6 – A three-inch taller version of PS with hands like JT could be scary…

9. ShelbyCatFan
    3:52 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

This guy gets forgotten about in this recruiting class. I think he’s going to be a pleasant surprise

10. Michael
    3:57 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I think a good goal for freshman is to hopefully sell out a few games. Oh, wait, this isn’t UCLA.

11. James K
    4:20 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I used the F word in my last post. I guess I’m sorry.

12. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    4:44 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I love that these guys aren’t afraid to talk about winning another title. As Archie said, we settle for nothing but a ‘ship.

13. Roland
    4:46 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

b4 8, I said, 9 would be Fine. (during the play-in game to the Final Four or about). (you weren’t listening).

14. crazycatfan
    5:56 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I LOVE HOW ALL THESE GUYS APPRECIATE THE BIG BLUE NATION!!! Don’t think we didn’t play into their decision to choose KENTUCKY!!! And we won’t disappoint them!!!!!!!!!!! we’ll be there with them wherever they go!!!!!!

15. bosshogg24
    6:21 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Willie Cauley-Stein is 7’0″ in sock feet and athletic. People are under estimating this guy, it may take some time but he has a great upside and will surprise a lot of people. He might be to steal of the year!

16. Figure The Facts
    7:56 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Gotta love the way WCS and the other recruits are focused on #9. Gonna be another great year!

17. BBN
    7:59 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Is grammar no longer important to the website?

18. Burger
    9:21 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

This kid is going to be awesome!

19. Burger
    9:21 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

He should let us name him though

20. Kataclysm
    11:50 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I’ve dug up every piece of video that I can on Wille and he is so much better than he is given credit for. He has a tremendous team first charector when he is being interviewed. He even stated that he’s willing to step aside for Nrlins if that means he gets to be a part of a championship. But I think you will be surprized when he shows up. He has good hands and can BANG. If he will focus on playing faster and banging at the rim, playing great defence and say that every rebound belongs to me, he may give Noel some concern for getting some PT. Maybe Nerlins can play some four if WCS can play that fast and hard.
    Really though, he will back up Noel and be a world stronger than Vargas was.Don’t make those comparisons because Cauley-Stein would eat Vargas’ lunch and keep the change.