Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress are ready for their close up

BQG-iIFCEAE_dfQ

Can you believe there’s a little over three more months til basketball season? Check out these pictures from Matt Hernandez, who photographed Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress for an upcoming Athlon Sports cover.

Willie’s got hops.

11 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress are ready for their close up

1. HAHAHA!!
    5:49 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

It should be Willie Cauley-Sanchez and Alex Poythress.

2. CatManBlue
    5:51 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I am sensing a friggin break out year for both of these Cats. The freshman year experience has prepared them to be leaders and a stabilizing presence for the rest of the incoming talent. We met these two the other night and they are the most gracious and respectful young men. Coach Cal is an incredible recruiter of talent and character. We have had the best of he best in talent and character the past 4 years! These two are solid citizens and hoping they both are lottery picks next year!!! C-A-T-S, Cayts, Cayts, Cayts!!!

3. KYMASH
    7:08 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

This Fall will be epic for the BBN!!

4. Ace
    7:31 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone seen the Harrison Twins yet? I am concerned that we won’t have the season that some think we will have. I still say that most Louisville players have been playing in that system for 2-3 years and they will repeat as champions. I hope I am wrong.

It takes time to mesh the players as a team.

5. Ace
    7:38 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Please consider removing Mcconell advertisements.

6. Rock Slyde
    7:44 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

How many rolls of film did MH burn on AP trying to dribble the basketball?

7. Ruppeat Offender
    7:57 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Rolls of film? Did Trill Will’s ‘stache zap you back to the 70’s?

8. Fake Carlos 'Danger'
    8:56 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Beware, Caytz be Muy Peligroso (berry berry dangerous) next jear!! Nos vemos!

9. yep
    9:29 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

I hear you #6,…. and concur. Play the freshmen. AP is going to have to improve A LOT before he will deserve to get PT over any of the freshmen. Willie should back up Dakari,..unless Willie has improved a lot. But I could see Willie getting better. I worry about AP,..who was a turnover machine last year. Jmo.

10. Lone oak
    11:49 pm July 26, 2013 Permalink

Way to go Matt Hernandez great work.

11. Concerned fa
    9:03 am July 27, 2013 Permalink

WHEN ARE THE TWINS AND JAMES YOUNG GOING TO BE ON CAMPUS!!!!!?????