Willie already told you his answer, he says

Willie Cauley-Stein

Whether it’s a good or bad thing is up for debate, but there’s no denying Willie Cauley-Stein is getting the most out of his Twitter account and making news by doing so. Since the season ended a little over a week ago, the Kentucky big man has been tweeting about his millionaire dreams, excitement about next year’s class, episodes of Prison Break, and a girl at Panda Express. It’s clear he isn’t shy about throwing his thoughts out there for Big Blue Nation to consume and dissect — which we’re all guilty of. It happens. We just want to know if he’ll be back.

Earlier today Willie sent out another newsworthy tweet for us to devour when he said he already told everyone what he plans to do:

A quick trip down memory lane will lead you to these quotes after the loss to Robert Morris:

“I’ve got this empty feeling in my gut and I want to fill it.”

“It just depends what my situation is. I want to win a national championship. Could be next year. Could be the year after. But I never won a ring before and I really want a ring before I leave college.”

“I’ve just gotta look out for me and my family. If it comes down to it, if my family needs me, then I’ll go. But if not, I’ll stay and get a couple more years of education and develop.”

Now it’s up to us to interpret what he means in the tweet.

Is he suggesting that he’ll return to win that ring? Or that he’s waiting to see “what his situation is”?

My advice: Don’t put a lot of stock into any of his tweets. We’ll get the definitive answer from UK soon.

Article written by Drew Franklin

58 Comments for Willie already told you his answer, he says

1. Eroc and roll
    2:04 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

First!

2. Eroc and roll
    2:05 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Also, what!?,

3. Eroc and roll
    2:06 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I believe the #notsatisfied is as much of a tell as any of his previous tweets. He clearly wants to come back

4. We Hang Banners
    2:07 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

See, now everybody just chill out and let him be a college kid.

5. Patience
    2:07 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I don’t do internet.

6. jimp
    2:08 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Matt Jones. Why don’t the ones of you that keep bothering Willie just leave him alone. Being bothered all the time by people might actually make him want to leave just to get away from all this kind of garbage.

7. Weirdo
    2:08 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

In any other realm we would be seen as perverts by following 17 and 18 year olds kids on Twitter and dissecting every little thing they say. It’s kind of pathetic really.

8. asdf
    2:09 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

The “millionaire dreams” don’t necessarily mean he’s going THIS year. Just that he’s eventually going. And they might even mean he plans to stay in the NBA when he gets there, a goal which would be strongly aided by another year at Kentucky.

9. Yes sir
    2:10 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I’m sitting here at work..

sleep burning eyes

I feel fat, my pants are so tight

Every joint hurts

sticky phlegm in my throat

help me

10. Musehobo
    2:10 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Dang Willy. Thought he was for sure gone. He’s playing with us.

11. MN CAT
    2:13 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Willie seems like a pretty funny guy; he’s having a good time with this.

12. Chris Gettelfinger's red fro
    2:16 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Willie, if you stay I will root like crazy for you. If you go I will root like crazy for you too. Question… do I sign a multimillion dollar NBA contract or do I start at center at UK? Any one of us would kill for either one of those options. #lafamilia

13. Shut Up
    2:17 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

7) and in that same realm, you would be seen as someone that goes to a perverted website all the time such as this one

14. J
    2:17 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Cal needs to step in and shut all this crap down instead of “tweeting” everything out and wasting time doing that he could bring up that 33% from the line!!

15. Susan
    2:20 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

He also tweeted out a countdown to BBM…made me think he was staying.

16. UKBlue1!
    2:20 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

The twins are coming….everyone stay calm!

17. rainman
    2:21 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

WCS, is just having fun!
    We need to chill, and roll with it!

If it’s meant to be, it will happen!

18. Eroc and roll
    2:22 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

14) don’t worry, probably tweeting from class. He’ll get his free throws up after class!

19. J
    2:22 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I’m a moron.

20. Baddd
    2:25 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

If we shouldn’t “put a lot of stock” in the tweets, then why post and analyze them so frequently?

21. Blue4ever
    2:26 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

156 days until the Cats kickoff against the Toppers! Can’t wait!

22. Math
    2:27 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Sooo…… If we can believe that Hawkins is getting an offer tomorrow, then either A)Cal knows that Wiggins is out or B)one of Harrow, Goodwin, Poythress, Cauley-Stein, or Wiltjer is known to be leaving. If they all come back (i.e., all 5 of them), we can only take a total of 8 recruits (13 is the NCAA limit on scholarship). As our recruiting class currently stands at 7, we could only take Hawkins OR Wiggins. This all assumes that Polson and/or Hood would walk-on either way. All of this to say, I think some clarity will be coming soon. If UK tells us that all of our current players are coming back, we should know what Cal is feeling about Wiggins. If, at that time, Hawkins has an offer….not good. If, at that time, Hawkins does not have an offer….good. Also, I think it is interesting that the reports have said that Hawkins would know of an offer tomorrow and that Cal is meeting with Wiggins at his school this afternoon. This can’t be a coincidence. Based on this, I would bet that everyone is coming back and that we will know about Wiggins fate indirectly through what happens with Hawkins tomorrow. The major caveat to all of this is if Harrow would be asked to walk-on. That would change the math just enough to get them all in.

23. Math
    2:33 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

If we get everybody (with Harrow walking on)…short of Cal deciding to coach next season using French as a primary language…just go ahead and hang #9!!! 🙂

24. billybob
    2:33 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

WCS need to worry less about twitter and more about … Oh wait. That’s been said 50,000 times.

25. Math is stupid
    2:33 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

All your hypothesis are wrong. All your math is wrong. Basing decisions on other decisions is purely speculation. Hawkins decision tommorrow has no barring on anything else inside the program other than Hawkins himself. You sir are wrong

26. BlueRedNeck
    2:36 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Something tells me that Willie probably sends out these tweets and then immediately runs to a computer to watch the internet blow up around them. 🙂

So, Willie, what’s your username here on KSR? 😉

27. Math
    2:36 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

lol…okey dokey 🙂 Also, I have no doubt that you WOULD feel that “Math is stupid.”

28. Blue4ever
    2:36 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

#23 – After the job Cal did this year I think he needs to go back to being the front man and let Robic do the X’s and O’s.

29. UKDMD
    2:38 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

#22, Hawkins has already said he will only play for a school that offers him a scholarship. With willie committing to coming back, hawkins getting an offer, and supposedly locking up wiggins that means with 13 scholarships that harrow, goodwin, poythress, or wiltjer are leaving. It is unlikely to be wiltjer, and most likely to be a harrow transfer or goodwin or poythress leaving.

*this is all assuming everything KSR posts, from tweets of friends of players to speculation on what is happening is from the mouth of jesus our lord and savior and never a lie.

30. Math
    2:40 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Exactly #29! This is why we can do a bit of extrapolating..

31. He stays
    2:41 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Pay attention to his other tweets…

He’s been tweeting a lot about the student side of his life the past week too, like doing homework and getting up early for class.
    If he were leaving why would he care at all about going to class and doing homework.

32. ajh
    2:41 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

19 – Nice…haha

33. Math
    2:43 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Thus, ….if UK were to say that everyone was coming back….then we would then know quite a bit. If they say someone is leaving, then we are still in waiting mode. The timing of the Cal Wiggins visit and the Hawkins potential offer just seems too perfect to completely ignore.

34. ajh
    2:44 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Willie is racking up twitter followers. Willie is having fun with it. It’s all good.

35. Jim
    2:45 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Who cares ? Would be better off if they all left …………..

36. Roland
    2:46 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Coach is not only a Great recruiter, He KNOWS how to handle the schollys.

37. Jeff
    2:47 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Willie is one of my all-time favorites – I really hope he stays but if he goes to the NBA I’m cool with that too – I’ll be a fan either way

38. Math
    2:48 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

#23- I do feel that our players were not necessarily “basketball saavy” this year. They are freshmen….so I get that. Because of this, I don’t know if it was a change in coaching/scheme or their inability to digest that scheme that led to some of our execution problems. Chicken or egg kinda thing….

39. UKUKUK1865
    2:56 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know if this helps or not but I think that Mays and Beckham are for sure not coming back next year. Other than that I don’t have a clue what all these kids will do.

40. Not Jay-Z
    2:56 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

14- OR…you could stop obsessing over an 18 year old’s twitter account and get on with your life. He’s a kid. Let him have his fun. It’s not like he’s airing dirty laundry to the public or saying anything inappropriate.

41. Roland
    2:59 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

FYI:
    Coach’s contract doesn’t EVEN include a raise this year to next:
    This year: Guaranteed= 4.8 mil
    Next= 4.8 mil
    For those that might ask: his bonus next year will be the same as what he Could have gotten this year. (850k)
    Yet, he is still working Harder Everyday.
    Anyone see any dedication there?
    I’d link a source, but would like to avoid moderation.

42. Austin
    3:06 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Stop posting Willie Tweets on KSR. Thanks.

43. Austin
    3:08 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

KSR: Don’t put much into Willie’s tweets…

KSR: Here are some Willie tweets… Look what he said!

44. Phillip Morris
    3:13 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

#43- Tobacco companies put warning labels on cigarettes too 🙂 lol

45. UKwhoray
    3:15 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I already told y’all that he is coming back 100%. Listen to me. I know Willie!

46. UKwhoray
    3:16 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

All the freshman are coming back except for Nerlens.

47. Winston
    3:34 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Just. Freakin. Go.

48. uk
    3:38 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

What an idiot. He completely flip flops on his tweets and tells us that he already told us. Grow up lil baby. We’re going to be awesome with or without u.

49. Big Willierific Steinalicious
    3:39 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

You wanted to know my name on KSR. Here ya go! Guess the gig is up.

#decisions

50. renea
    3:41 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

# 37 I completely agree I will always be a fan!!

51. beanie weanies for breakfast
    4:18 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

If he is not shooting 70-75% on freethrows by the beginning of next season I will question his dedication to himself gettin better, as well as his teamates.
    Other than that I have no complaints about Willie.

52. Al B. Frank
    4:29 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I agree with #3, the hastag #notsatisfied would indicate that his plan is to return.

53. CatsFan
    4:41 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

I hope he comes back. But I can’t blame him one bit for trying to make money.

54. Money
    4:52 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

No, I am not buying a new Car!
    Im tired of walking.
    If I had a dollar everytime I heard “I would go out with you if you had a car”
    Me and my family needs transportation.
    I thought I made it clear already BBN.

55. RealCatsFan
    5:32 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

#51, I think 75% is wishful thinking for a big man – most of those guys are shooting in the 60’s. That would be great, and Willie really has a decent stroke at the line (which tells me that his problem is 85% confidence), but 75% is better than a lot of guards and forwards in today’s game. Still – shoot for the stars, Willie!

56. ONE EYE
    6:20 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

Why is WC-S the only one doing this ? Weird that Cal is allowing this at any rate!

57. Gary
    7:28 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

he’s staying

58. NewtyNewt
    3:37 am March 29, 2013 Permalink

Well in all fairness to Willie, If he doesnt want to be bothered, then go Pro…noone will ever bother or hear from him again. Daniel Orton was 10x more ready for the NBA than this kid and look where it got him. He is INSANE if he thinks he is ready for the NBA!! Love him to death but jesus Willie, quit fooling yourself and watch the tape…Your mediocre at best! Come back and compete with the best of the best and then see where you are!