Will Wednesday be the day we hear about assistants jobs?

Pic courtesy of Regina Rickert

You’re looking at a picture of the UK jobs page, in which nine football assistant coaching jobs were posted on November 27th. According to the page, the deadline to apply for the positions is Wednesday the 5th. Yesterday in his introductory press conference, Mark Stoops said that any possible hires would have to go through hiring procedures, which means that we may hear official announcements as early as Wednesday.

Stoops also said that he has his defensive coordinator “targeted” and “ready to come” to Kentucky. Will Wednesday be the day we welcome D.J. Eliot, Florida State’s current defensive ends coach, on board?

13 Comments for Will Wednesday be the day we hear about assistants jobs?

1. BBN
    1:24 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

His brother from Youngstown will be the defensive Cordinator

2. wildcat fan
    1:25 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

you can add neal brown to that list as well he is wiling to listen to stoops about the job and D.J. eliot is a lock to be our defnsive coordinator two great recruiters as well

3. NKY_UK_fan
    1:27 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I just recently got laid off so I should apply. I ran a hell of an offense on Madden back in the day. That has plenty of throw it around to it.

4. lawnorder
    1:34 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

That damn Tubby! He caused this

5. Thursday
    2:15 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

actually..wouldn’t they technically need to wait for Thursday if they’re open til Wednesday?

6. sonny lesbos
    2:19 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

stoops/FSU – 2nd yards/gm; 7th points against/gm this year
    neal brown/TT – 2nd pass yds/gm; 16th in points/gm this year

stoops/brown/eliot would be homerun.

7. tom
    2:45 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

6. sonny…the caveat is that Brown and Stoops had a boatload of four and five star athletes to work with to achieve those numbers. UK, at this point, is a bit challenged in that area.

8. Oogie
    2:48 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I just applied for all of ’em. Wish me luck BBN!

9. teelow
    2:55 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Charlie Strong, swayed by allure of SEC and passion of bbn to UK as dc. I’m hearing its a done deal.

10. CliffFrankLou
    3:27 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Does that nepotism rule that kept Tubby from hiring Saul apply here if there is an attempt to hire a brother? Just asking…..

11. JD
    4:17 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

7….Pretty sure Texas Tech doesn’t have a “boatload of four and five star athletes”….I didn’t look up recruiting classes, but I’m willing to say they are mostly 2 and 3 stars with a few 4s

12. TexasCat
    4:23 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Cats fans need a breath of reality right now. To expect a new coach to take a team that was 2-10 or 3-9 and turn them into a 5 or 6 win team, may be over-expectation. With a new coach, a new defense and DC, a new offense and OC don’t expect next year’s team to be all that different. I haven’t seen next year’s schedule, but I don’t see us beating L-ville, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tenn, Florida, SC, Georgia. That’s 8 loses which leaves 4 wins. I hope I’m wrong and Stoops Troops rise up and shock everyone. I just don’t see it happening. If Stoops does have a losing record next year, BBN needs to be positive, and see the big picture. This isn’t basketball which can turn it around quickly. Football takes time and patience. I hope we all in the BBN realize this.

13. Rs
    6:16 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

University rules require that jobs be posted for a week, but their is some loophole about positions from which their not a pool of qualified candidates which allows coaches to pick who they want but they post these positions so that they have followed the rules that jobs be posted for at least one week.