Wildcat Tip-Off 2009-2010 is a basketball annual edited by Glenn Logan (aka Truzenzuzex of ASeaofBlue.com). There are lots of excellent annuals released before the basketball season. Glenn had the arduous task of trying to collect materials that would allow Wildcat Tip-Off stand out from the rest. To Glenn’s (and his writers’) credit, the book contains a lot of unique perspective that makes it worth your time.
Some of the highlights include:
* A piece reviewing the recruitment of Patrick Patterson, written by former Huntington (WV) Herald-Dispatch reporter Travis Hubbard. Travis covered Patrick’s recruitment as the local basketball beat reporter, and reveals some details that was previously unreported at the time. UK granted Travis an interview with Patrick this summer to add some hindsight and review to his recruitment. You can read an excerpt of Travis’ excellent article on ASoB.
* A fantastic explanation of the SEC teams by ASoB’s Ken Howlett and J. L. Weill. J. L. Wiell also has an article that showcases the returning talent in the SEC that will be making an impact nationwide.
* A in-depth and touching tribute to the late Mike Casey, written by Ken Howlett.
* A detailed history of Kentucky’s involvement in the race of all-time NCAA wins, written by Jon Scott (owner of bigbluehistory.net).
* A simplified dissection of the Dribble-Drive Motion Offense. The article provides history of how the DDM worked at Memphis and how the Wildcats’ current roster could be used this season in the offense. Its a great article to share with your not-so-X’s-&-O’s-minded family & friends.
Wildcat Tip-Off is in stores starting today, Oct. 20th. You can also order it directly from Maple Street Press.