Wiggins Visiting Kansas Today

Ahhh, the air up there

This past week, superstar and future #1 draft pick Andrew Wiggins made his way to Lexington to visit Kentucky. In tow were his parents (crucial), Mitchell and Marita Payne. Andrew Wiggins is visiting Kansas today and will be staying through tomorrow’s KU vs. Texas Tech game. Again, he will be taking his parents along.

Wiggins has previously visit Florida State and Kentucky, the two schools many thought to be leaders for his services for some time. Wiggins will finish up his visits by heading to Chapel Hill for the UNC vs. Duke game. After that, the waiting game begins to see how the recruiting process winds down for the No. 1 overall player in the 2013 class.

Check out this Adam Zagoria article containing these quotes from Wiggins about his UK visit this past week:

“The [Kentucky] visit was cool.”

“My parents loved the whole experience, I did as well.

“The game, in particular, was really fun. I appreciate how the fans showed me so much love.”

“We’ve been close for a while [re: Calipari], but it’s getting even better,” he said. “I’m starting to get closer with their current players as well.”

“I haven’t found it yet,” he said, “so I am just waiting for that moment that will convince me it’s the right place.”

We all know that Wiggins is the second coming of LeBron and having him in Lexington would be unreal. However, we also all have been paying close attention to the rumor mill, which has NOT been heavily in UK’s favor recently. One example is this clip of Dave Telep saying Wiggins likely probably wouldn’t sign with the Cats. All signs point to his UK visit going well, but this one seems like a tight-lipped process where no one truly knows what’s next.

Keep your eyes and ears open on this one, as he will be a star for years to come.

Article written by Chris Thomas

20 Comments for Wiggins Visiting Kansas Today

1. Catlogic15
    2:43 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

Well, if the visit went great, his parents loved it, he is “closer” to Cal, getting to know current players, etc etc etc, yet still hasn’t “found it yet”, and is “waiting for the moment”, then I feel we’re not under serious consideration any longer.

2. dooley
    2:43 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

in before Gogaytors spews “sorry guys, this one is not a Cat”. azzwad

3. Haters suck
    2:43 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

I still think Wiggins chooses UK. He says priorety number 1 is a championship, he isnt going to win a ring at FSU next year. Wiggins also says being close to the coach means something, coach Cal seems to be the only coach i hear him talk about. I think this trip was about selling UK to Wiggins’s parents as Wiggins has been sold on UK all along. And based on Wiggins friends from school via twitter he wears UK gear all the time. And also i dont buy he doesn’t love attention. All kids do.

4. wildcatdon
    2:57 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

Another dumb thing to write about Telep…If you listened to the interview,he said he was just guessing..Because we had signed so many guys he was going against the flow…It was his opinon and
    nothing else,and was based on what I just said..He knows absolutely nothing and that is how rumors get started about Wiggins or anyone else going to another school..Irresponsible writing…Wiggins
    even told his coach if Randle went to UK it would not deter him…Pay attn please before you write rumor crap.

5. Tennessee Wildcat
    3:03 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

From what I saw last Wednesday night at the game in person, I had a straight in view of Wiggins from the other side of the court, he definitely seemed to be having a very good time, as did his parents. The only thing that I wished he would have seen was the 96 team champions ring ceremony, but he was in the locker room with the team at halftime, which was even better. I really think that he got the royal treatment and as good of a feel for the program as he could.

6. Josh
    3:07 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

@#1 That waiting for the moment quote was from before our visit.

7. John
    3:22 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

Some grammar errors in the article

8. The Pope Formerly Known as Benedict
    3:31 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

glad the student section made an impression. lord knows they tried.

9. Jack
    3:34 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

#6 not sure when that quote from wiggins was made. But as it is stated above, it is totally out of context. Wiggins’ coach said the McD’s All American game organizers wanted wiggins to announce his choice during the game. But wiggins said he is still waiting for the right moment to announce. He then made the comment he “hadn’t found it yet” …meaning the right moment to announce, NOT the right school.

10. Josh
    3:36 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

@ #1 My mistake that was after our visit.

11. David from Bowling Green
    3:59 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

@5, I sat close to Wiggins and his parents. All three remained in their seats throughout halftime. I don’t know why Matt or someone stated a few days ago they went to the locker room. They saw the ’96 team get their rings. All three were in their seats the entire game except for a very brief time Andrew left toward the end of regulation, before returning right away.
    I will say I don’t think the ring presentation seemed to impress them one way or another.

12. Cat Fan in Georgia
    4:10 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

Interesting that he mentions getting closer with the current players. Most of them will be gone next year.

13. Jack
    4:22 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

#12 think he’d be unhappy with that? Lol

14. Bob
    4:46 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

“Likely probably”

Sounds definitive to me!

15. PENIS WRINKLE
    5:56 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

UNC is wiggins play ground for next year

16. kentuckyrules
    6:02 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

#1,#6,#9: My thought would be that he would still keep us all in suspense…why give away what school he’s going to now? He’s not gonna say right after a visit.

17. Bleed Blue
    6:55 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

@11 I don’t who you were looking at, but it wasn’t Wiggins. He was in the locker room which was for the better. @15 UNC has a better shot at getting Jordan to play another year than getting Wiggins, it is down to UK and FSU and that is a fact. I tweeted out update on Randle today you can follow me @BBN_Wildcats. With that said Wiggins has already made his decision he just wants to experience the recruiting process, I mean it’s no fun if you are a big time recruit and everybody knows where you are going, that’s why he has strung his recruitment out.

18. Brian
    7:27 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

I hate to say it, but he really matches up best with Kansas. UK doesn’t seem to be that good of a match, and he’d really have to split his time. I don’t think KY really needs him anyways, but who knows.

19. I can't believe that moderator
    10:14 pm March 3, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe KSR banned my home IP Address from commenting. I said nothing that could possibly be seen as negative or critical. Was it a mistake?

20. UKCatsRedsColts
    1:32 am March 4, 2013 Permalink

Calipari has been recruiting Wiggins since he was a freshman in high school.

UNC and Kansas have been recruiting him just this past year.

I like UK’s chances with such a head-start by arguably the best recruiter in the nation.