Wiggins’ mixtape from Scott County is out

Look excited, guys! It’s Andrew Wiggins!

The people at HoopMixtape.com don’t mess around. Less than 24 hours after Wiggins’ Huntington Prep team played in Scott County, a highlight reel is out, featuring some sick dunks, tons of UK fans, and a hilarious shot of Cal and Coach O. Take a look.

10 Comments for Wiggins’ mixtape from Scott County is out

1. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    10:42 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

Kid has one of the quickest spin moves I’ve ever seen.

2. jus syain
    10:43 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

He wont come here. Unlike most of the guys we get he doesnt strike me as someone who wants to be “a guy”. He’s ready to be “the guy”.

Nothing wrong with that but I would have loved to see him blue!

3. You people are crazy
    10:45 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

Where else in this country would a line like that form just to watch a recruit play basketball? No where. We are insane… And i love it! (Cal Speak)

4. Joe
    10:53 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

I was there with my son. There was some good competition there.

My main observations

1) Wiggins played smart
    2) Was unselfish. He generally looked to pass first.
    3) He was pretty attentive to the details of fundamentals. He blocked out, and once the ball was shot by one of his teammates, he looked for a seam in the defense to crash the board. I really liked that about him.
    4) NOBODY dared challenge his defensive ability. In other words, his mere presence was sufficient to cause his opponent to not even attempt to try to score on him. That means he must not be prone to fouling.

#2 was guarding him most of the night, and Wiggins must have had at least a 12-14″ reach on him, so I’m surprised his coach didn’t have Wiggins post up more (they never tried to isolate Wiggins and have him post up the smaller guy), esp with Cal in the house. Most of the time Wiggins hung out on the perimeter, specifically the right side of the top of the key.

5. Jon
    11:12 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

It must suck for Cal and Coach O to have to go to all of these high school basketball games to “babysit” recruits as Cal calls it. No wonder they look bored out of their minds. They have seen Wiggins play plenty of times and know his game inside and out. They aren’t learning anything new.

Also #2 I don’t know where you’re getting that vibe from. Wiggins is a very unselfish player, but when you are that much better than everyone else it’s hard not to appear that way. If you want to see someone who wants to be “the guy”, look at his teammate Xavier Rathan-Mayes.

6. Wiggins fan
    11:15 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

Love me some Wiggins.

7. Sick Nasty
    11:48 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

Those were some sick nasty dunks. Here’s the pull-up three from a better angle.

8. FlashOfBlue
    11:50 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

5. Scott Co. is in Cal’s back yard. Easy trip. If they didn’t show to watch then that might cause a little tension, no?

9. Parker
    1:51 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Coach cal don’t look very happy tho..neither coach O..

10. Jon
    2:52 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

8. Of course…they have to go watch. It is all part of the recruiting game, especially when the venue is right down the road. Still though, it has to get old watching high school basketball games for no other reason except to make an appearance.