Looking for the Most Knowledgeable Couple in UK Sports! (Today’s Podcast)

rickpitino-johncalipari-372x250

On today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, Matt, Ryan and Shannon played a game called “Cal or Rick.” No, not about actual basketball topics, about everyday things, such as who you would want to host your bachelor party, who you’d rather go out to dinner with, or DJ a party. The most hilarious question: who would you rather do the Kiss Cam with? Tune in to hear the caller’s opinions, and what the heck calamine lotion has to do with it all.

Oh yeah, the guys also previewed Drew Barker and Andrew Wiggins’ decisions, and announced a new contest looking for the Most Knowledgeable Couple in UK Sports. Think it’s you and your significant other? Email Shannon the Dude

LISTEN TO KENTUCKY SPORTS RADIO

19 Comments for Looking for the Most Knowledgeable Couple in UK Sports! (Today’s Podcast)

1. Bird dog
    3:08 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins to Kentucky!!!!! Staff received word today. Announcement Monday or Tuesday

2. TN Cat
    3:09 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

When Bird dog says it, you can take it to the bank.

3. Bird dog
    3:12 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Let it be written. Dead serious.

4. lss
    3:14 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Please Bird Dog, don’t be joking abut this. My nerves won’t take much more.

5. Bird dog
    3:18 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Not joking. Let it be written. Not one to post bs.

6. lss
    3:21 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

You must have a good source. If you are right, this is the best day for Cat fans in a long time.

7. yeah
    3:43 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

1) how would you know?

8. Otis
    3:52 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Get beat by Robert Morris in the fist round of the NIT with number one recruiting class—–Cal

9. Katdaddy
    3:59 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

STUPID!

10. The Real JD
    4:09 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

The Real JD Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

––—DREW……….. Add 104.5 (Prestonsburg) and 95.9 (Pikeville) to the affiliate list. These stations are more powerful than their AM counterparts. Also, both these stations are live.
    The Real JD Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

––—DREW……….. When are we going to get electric………errrrr power 101.1 in Hazard to be an affiliate?
    The Real JD Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

––—DREW……….. Also 1400 AM (South Williamson) also has your station live. Its a repeater for 900/960 in prestonsburg/pikeville area.

11. lss
    4:11 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Otis, I want to apologize to you on behalf of the Big Blue Nation. I feel so sorry for you. I am so sorry KY basketball has ruined your life. You must have waited for so long to be able to get on here everyday and remind us all how KY had a bad year last year. It saddens me to think about you, sitting in your room alone, your mother worrying herself sick about you, begging you to come out side and get a job, get a girlfriend, get a life, do anything but sit at your computer and obsess over KY beating Louisville in the final four. Well, you are having your little moment in the sun now, so be thankful. Soon enough you’ll be crying yourself to sleep again with your L1C4 2013 Champs T shirt on, realizing that nobody cares that Robert Morris beat UK last year, or that your favorite team got lucky and won a championship. It must really suck to be you.

12. Otis
    4:13 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

It’s ironic too you guys. I once got beatoff by a guy named Robert Morris. Did you know my name is Otis Morris? Robert is my dad.

13. Ole Josh
    4:14 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

8) We didn’t have the number 1 recruiting class last year. Also it really didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings to lose that game. Its not like winning the NIT would have been any less embarrassing.

14. Otis
    4:30 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

I’m back guys. I’d like to update my last comment at 4:13 pm. It’s no longer once…..Thanks dad. Also, my dad advised me that UL has lost in the NIT twice under Pitino. Crazy.

15. Mc
    4:33 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Technically, UK didn’t get beat with the number one class as the #1 player was not in the game. If he didn’t get hurt they’re in the tournament. Take away Noel, and factor that all of the talent from the prior year, and how good is the recruiting class of Goodwin, Poythress, and WCS? Where would those 3 rank as a class Otis?

16. Feesh
    5:02 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

Uhhh, Mc, you may want to quit with the revisionist history. UK was clearly OUT of the tournament when Noel got hurt. That isn’t even debatable. They were 17-7 with only 1 Top 50 win. UK wasnt considered “In” until 7 games later when they beat UF, but then they crapped the bed the next two games and were out again.

17. burgin33
    5:26 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

16. You think they lose like that to vandy in the sec tourney with Noel? no way. They make it with him.

18. Mc
    5:58 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

#16) I’m with #17. Also, if you don’t think the committee looks at a team differently when their best player is hurt when deciding which bubble team makes the cut, you are crazy.

19. Matt
    6:29 pm May 9, 2013 Permalink

#16) I also think if we had Noel at Georgia we win. 1 more win, and 1 less loss with Noel=tournament. All games that they won after he went down they still would of won. Like 18 said, when a great player, a projected top 5 pick gets injured, the committee looks at the team differently. That isn’t even debatable.