Who Wants Poythress and Goodwin Highlights?

By now you know that two of Kentucky’s 2012 commitments were in Lexington last weekend for the Dunkin’ Donuts shootout; now watch them ball. YMCn2B’s Bradley McKee was in the building and he put together a couple of highlight packages for KSR.

Enjoy.

Alex Poythress scores 42 on Lafayette:

Archie Goodwin scores 37 on Lexington Catholic:

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Who Wants Poythress and Goodwin Highlights?

1. Hugo Stiglets
    1:15 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I like that Goodwin is pissed after the game. Doesn’t care that he did good, hates to lose.

2. BillyClydeFan
    1:19 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I swear these guys just don’t miss

3. JoeMoney333
    1:21 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

1. Came here to say exactly that.
    2. They do, they don’t show those in highlight videos lol, wouldn’t be a very good highlight video if they showed he misses…

4. SuperTroy18
    1:22 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Goodwin with some words after the game! I like that fire too! Reminds me of Liggins. 🙂 DO THE JOHN WALL NOW!! (I know that was after a UK win…but you get my point.)

5. MasterBlaster
    1:26 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Goodwin and Poythress get a lot of print on this site. Anyone know how Cauley’s senior season is going?

6. God Shamgod
    1:31 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like it. He uses the Lord’s name in vein by yelling a GD damn near loud enough for the entire gym to hear, and clearly shows up the teammates behind him (over rebounding) in front of LexCath. If you’re going to call a teammate out in that manner, it should be behind closed doors imo.

7. OogieBoogieMan
    1:40 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Loves me some Archie Goodwin! That cat has game… jumper, step back, slash and drive, defense, good handle with his left. He’s gonna be a good one.

8. willie cauley
    1:42 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

5- agreed! Where is the love for Cauley? I know he didn’t play
    In Lexington this past weekend but he will be next season

9. warrior
    1:53 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Big Blue Nation needs to invade Knoxville at noon this Saturday. I hate tennessee with every fiber of my body.

10. Cliver
    1:55 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

6 – People cuss. Get over it.

11. kyle heavy
    1:57 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Archie has definitely hit the weight room.

12. SexnNursinHomes
    2:00 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

6- boo hoo. need some kleenex?

13. he says she
    2:05 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I know these are highlight reels, but these two are more impressive than I expected. Poythress does remind me a little of Mashburn (Matt Jones made the comparison). Doesn’t have quite the moves, but is longer and more athletic. Goodwin is also impressive. Has John Wall like handle and finishing ability. I don’t see any drop-off in talent from this year to next, especially if Shabazz decides to join them. We’ll miss Kidd-Gilchrist and Davis, but these guys are no slouches it appears.

14. floydfan
    2:08 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Alex Poythress – Man among boys…nuff said.

15. Bulldawg
    2:12 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

people were worried about this recruiting class…why exactly?

these dudes are some ballers!!!!!!

16. Whoofarted
    2:12 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

6… There are no “closed doors” on a basketball court…if you want to ask him to excuse himself to go cuss in private, he’d probably respond like the great prophet, Daniel Orton…. I Can’t motherf-cker!!!

17. Hoss
    2:32 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Watching the Poythress vid gave me “Fast Times” flashbacks…

Jefferson, Jefferson… Jefferson.

18. BPsycho
    2:40 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

#16 One of my favorite prophets for sure, he’s up there with Twink : ” you get a big delight in every bite “, thats what she said

See I don’t have to curse at all.

19. Blueballn
    3:36 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Goodwin needs to chill on the GD word look where it got Tiger!!!!!!

20. make a swish
    4:00 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know what matt is talking about saying that goodwin has a hitch in his shot. I’m all about pretty jumpers, and archie has one. Smooth, old school looking stroke.

21. thekid
    4:36 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

they can def striaght ball it up no question. can’t wait to watch them with kentucky across their chest. And also love the fire of goodwin that’s what we need. someone to hates to lose no matter what.

22. filthy
    4:49 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

where is the video of the kid with dreadlocks from poythress’s team dunking? that was the nastiest one of the night

23. bigabes4uk
    5:48 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Wow Poythress reminds me a lot of Mash in that video. Both look like big time talents. These are kids and yea they say and do dumb stuff and sometimes even at the wrong times. I like personally like the fire! Thats what wins

24. GoodwinsHeart
    6:28 am January 13, 2012 Permalink

Thats just me showing my passion for the game and the hate for losing…ya know qualities of a team leader