Who To Root For Tonight

(Happy 4th Birthday, Tin Roof)

With Kentucky fighting, scratching, and clawing to make the 2013 NCAA Tournament, it wouldn’t hurt to have a little help from around the country to open up an easier path to the big dance.

Tonight, there are four college basketball games that could be of assistance to Kentucky if the outcomes play out the way we’d like.

Here are the four games, plus a bonus game, and which team you should root for to come out victorious…

OLE MISS vs. Alabama, 9:00 p.m. (ESPNU)

This one matters the most to Kentucky, as the Cats still have the chance to leap Alabama in the SEC tournament seeding.  Kentucky needs Alabama to lose at least one of its remaining games to have a shot at earning the two seed in Nashville, and an Alabama loss in Oxford tonight will open the door for Kentucky to control its own destiny.

Ole Miss still has a small glimmer of hope of making the big dance, but with Saturday’s loss to Mississippi State and a head-to-head loss against Kentucky, I can’t imagine the Rebels making it in over UK if the Cats do what they need to do.

Go Rebels.

MISSOURI vs. Arkansas, 7:00 p.m. (ESPN)

With Missouri being the only quality win Kentucky has at this point, it’s important for the Tigers to stay in the top 50.  Yeah, Missouri only trails Kentucky by a game in the SEC standings, but UK holds the tiebreaker so a win over Georgia or Florida will keep the Cats ahead of the Tigers in the tournament seeding.

And it’d be nice to see Missouri hang on to that four seed so it’s on the other side of the SEC tourney bracket with Florida.  That’s a matchup Kentucky needs to avoid on Friday and Saturday.

Go Tigers.

MARSHALL vs. Southern Miss, 7:00 p.m.

Southern Miss is currently sitting with Kentucky on the outside looking in, and a loss to 12-17 Marshall tonight would almost certainly keep the Golden Eagles out. Kentucky defeated Marshall, 82-54, in Rupp Arena earlier this season; now we’re asking for a little help in eliminating a team that could compete for a spot in the dance.

Go Thundering Herd.

UNLV vs. Boise State, 10:00 p.m.

UNLV is in the tournament and could help Kentucky’s chances of making the dance by adding a loss to Boise State’s resume tonight.  Boise State is currently in Joe Lunardi’s Last Four In with an 8-6 record in the MWC and a 20-8 record overall.

Boise’s last two games are against two projected tournament teams, so Kentucky would like to see the Broncos drop at least one, preferably both.

Go Rebels.

OHIO STATE at Indiana, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Just because.

Go Buckeyes.

Article written by Drew Franklin

38 Comments for Who To Root For Tonight

1. BAC05
    2:03 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

If one was so inclined, they could see a “buckeye” in that last pic.

2. mark
    2:04 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

That hairy armed Mizzu chick is TRASH!

3. Big Blue 66
    2:09 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

the UNLV girls have two of the best tummies I have ever seen

4. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:12 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Quality stuff, Drew. Not talking about the pics either. This is the kind of info that it’s fun to have on a Tuesday night when the Cats are off.

5. BigBlueBrock
    2:12 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Hey, I just unwittingly made it into a KSR post! http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/Brock2222/me_tinroof.png

That night as fun as hell!

6. PartBuckeyePartCat
    2:13 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

O-H…..

7. Realearly85
    2:17 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I hate IU and OSU equally. Rooting for an atomic bomb to hit Assembly Hall tonight.

8. PartCatPartBuckeye
    2:22 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I-O

9. Mo
    2:22 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I think Villanova plays tonight too

10. Jamison
    2:22 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

What about Villanova and Gtown? Need nova to lose. They are right in the edge as well.

11. SexnNursinHomes
    2:23 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

shew- that Mizzou girl scares the shit outta me. But I’d hit it. Don’t ask why.

12. Mo
    2:24 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Nope, Nova/G’Town is Wef night. Should have trusted Drew

13. OMG
    2:26 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

That Mizzou chick is so EFFIN HAWT!!

14. Al's IndiCats
    2:26 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Oh GOD 11, I just spit my prune juice all over the screen, but damn if her underarms are that hairy just think……..No I really don’t want to go there!

15. btowncatfan
    2:28 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

MJP, you looked awful in college!

16. SexnNursinHomes
    2:30 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

14- It wasn’t the armpit hair that initially attracted me to her. It was her bad complexion and those inflamed red eyes that got me.

and if she is bushy belwo the belt. That’s what we call “icing on the cake”.

17. Al's IndiCats
    2:38 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

LMAO, if that be the case SexnNursinHomes, my guess if she named that thing below it would have to be “Sashquashin”!

18. SexnNursinHomes
    2:39 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

17-HAHAHHA!!!

19. Wowsers
    2:49 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be pulling for UNLV. A whole lot. Like until I’m blind.

20. Damn
    3:04 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Damn, that Ohio St. Chick looks good with those legs open. Whoooaaa!!

21. Live long and prosper
    3:16 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Twat you say 20? Tain’t hear you.

22. Live long and prosper
    3:18 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Please let that Mizzo chic be shopped. Its to scary to think about.

23. MMSHREWT
    3:20 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Damn look at Casey Anthony!!! O.H.I.O baby, if you look close, you can see where baby Caylee came from

24. Tom Blevins
    3:35 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I’ll root for Ohio State because they’re playing Indiana. That’s reason enough.

25. kramer
    3:45 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

OMG, was that Mizzou chick for real???

26. kramer
    3:46 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I will never cheer for UL not matter the circumstances….JUST CAN’T DO IT!!

27. Katdaddy
    3:59 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care who wins because we shouldn’t be in the position we’re in. If we get in which i don’t think we deserve, we’ll win games and not worry about other teams. This team has been pethetic and doesn’t have the desire to win. All they’re worried about is the draft. Sean Woods hit the nail on the head. A NIT bid and three or four going to the draft isn’t gonna be good for cal either.

28. Lionel R
    4:02 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

#27 Every body scolded Sean Woods when he said it, HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. BBN owes him an apology

29. kadizkat
    4:53 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t agree completely with #27 but we should be winning our way in not hoping others lose.

30. Ukbradstith
    6:35 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

#27, dumbest post I’ve seen in awhile. If the players were worried about the draft wouldn’t they being trying to play better? You ever think that some teams will just be average just because that’s the way it goes? We lost the number one pick in the draft halfway through the conference season so were a man short. Even with Noel we just were going to be average, but now it’s tougher. How many teams can survive losing a top ten pick and still be elite? Most people I know figured around 10 loses this year so it’s not like we’re way off.

31. JonHoodsKneeBrace
    7:23 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if that ball smells?

32. CrimsonCee
    8:44 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny you guys are needing help from Marshall and competing with jokes like Alabama and Ole Miss for a tourney spot and can still take a shot at the Big Ten champs. Don’t you understand what a joke you guys are?? Your best win is at Ole Miss. That team is godawful. All these teams are godawful and will be dispatched in the opening round. Why do you want to get in so bad just to get drubbed? Well, hope is a good thing, Red…er, blue. But you’re irrelevant. It hurts, I know. We were there for way too long. But those days are over now. And there’s no going back.
    We’ll send you a postcard from our position as No. 1 seed. Atlanta isn’t far, you guys come visit…

33. Mr. Optimist
    9:23 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Another tournament hopeful bites the dust. Final Score: Marshall 88; Southern Miss 84.

34. Hoss
    9:56 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Crimson – you say we are irrelevant, yet you make a point to come to a UK message board/website to post. Pretty funny. If I were a Hoosier fan (which I am so thankful I am not nor ever will be) I’d worry more about losing at home to Ohio State tonight rather than posting here.

Regardless of how you all do this year, you will never be the lead dog in this pack and we all know it.

35. You Can Call ME Cal
    10:03 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t read a word of that, but I enjoyed the hell out of it

36. Mr. Optimist
    10:31 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

More good news. Alabama trails Ole Miss by 18 points (55-37) with 13 minutes to go in the 2nd half.

37. JJ
    11:21 pm March 5, 2013 Permalink

Ole Miss wins! Mizzou wins! OSU wins! Marshall wins!! Go UNLV!!

38. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:01 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

All 5 of the teams that we wanted to win came through.