Who Knew Bama Fans Were So Passionate About Stanford?

We’ve already made fun of Arkansas fans today, let’s give Alabama a turn.

The “people video taping themselves watching big games” movement is in full swing and I couldn’t be happier about it. If I told you this was a video of portly Alabama fans watching the end of the Stanford-Oregon game, might that be something you’d be interested in? I thought so.

I watched the video and I had thoughts/questions. These are those thoughts/questions:

1. Where did the girl get the megaphone? It appears to be a high quality megaphone. Like the ones male cheerleaders use to slap their hand against and yell “defense” into, but I don’t know how a normal citizen gains access to one.

2. What about a small apartment necessitates having a megaphone in your hand while watching a game?  The room is small, if you want your thoughts to be heard just speak them out loud.

3. Why is everyone standing inches from one another? I realize the room is small and the people are big, but they are standing right on top of one another.

4. If you thought that was a baby the woman tossed in the air at the end, that makes two of us. But it wasn’t. It was a DOG. If I’m that dog I’m peeing all over that woman for throwing me in the air.

5. When it comes to Alabama wall decals, how many Alabama wall decals are too many Alabama wall decals?  Is three too many, or is two not enough?

I think the important thing to take away from this video is this: If you are considering video taping yourselves watching the end of a big game, ALWAYS go ahead and do it.

@AFlenerKSR

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

40 Comments for Who Knew Bama Fans Were So Passionate About Stanford?

1. Awesometron
    5:30 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I always videotape myself watching The Big Bang Theory when I happen to stumble upon it while flipping through channels. Like the show, the videos are not funny or entertaining.

2. Golfer
    5:33 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Funniest thing is they run outside expecting to see riots and couch burnings.

3. Rockfield, KY
    5:38 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Clay is a dick when it comes to UK fans so I’m not defending him, but it seems like we’re just recycling videos from OKTC.

4. Tommy
    5:40 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Maybe they thought they were watching Alabama, they have similar colors to Stanford! I wonder if that chick is still running!

5. Nick Saban
    5:41 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

This is embarrassing!

6. rukiddingme
    5:41 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

portly my ass, their fat asses!

7. Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged
    5:42 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Here in the South, we’re proud of a lot of things. And we love a lot of things too. Passionately. One of them
    is food. Another of them is college sports. It irks me that people IN THE SOUTH keep judging other people
    for being “portly”. So what? I’d much rather be around a bunch of [email protected]$$ people who have strong family
    values and take care of each other and love each other and spend time together watching their favorite college
    team that represents their beloved state, than a bunch of hipsters who are just too cool to care about
    ANYTHING and spend all their time exercising, counting calories, and quoting Sartre.

8. Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged
    5:43 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

And another thing? That dog was LOVING that exuberance. It was a Scottish Terrier. Trust me, that dog wouldn’t have it any other way.

9. honest
    5:54 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

If they would run around and jump that much everyday they would not be portly anymore

10. shields eyes
    5:55 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

ROTNEI!

11. ron thompson
    5:56 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Are you proud to be a part of this fraternaty?

12. Travis
    5:56 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

It pains me to see an individual of this fanbase make fun of another fanbase. Bama football rivals UK basketball all day every day. Both over the top fanbases that love their team, live and die with each loss. On the college level no one else compares. I don’t understand videotaping something that is going to be embarrassing like this and then posting it, however to make fun of them when many of us act the same way watching a big game with huge ramifications is senseless.

13. iamthebobcat
    6:01 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Guarantee you if we beat the crows on December 29th my family’s celebration will make that look like a Sunday school class.
    GO Cayts!

14. I
    6:04 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t be poking too much fun at these Bama fans. I could easily see us, UK fans, doing the same thing if we were in the same situation. However, I will never understand why people videotape each other when watching a game.

15. Tiger
    6:07 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

War eagle!! I HATE bama so much! They are white trash!

16. Chicago Chris
    6:07 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

What is this nonsense about? I’m too busy exercising to care about college sports and family. Hell is other people.

17. texasfatcat
    6:07 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I have a feeling that the 4 larger BAMA FANS are going to skin and barbecue the skinny blonde BAMA FAN as part of their celebration…

18. Truth
    6:07 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

The fact that this site has not had any news on Harrow today is proof that this site has no sources or inside information.

19. What?
    6:09 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

This video is not entertaining or funny at all. If this is considered a post on KSR I want a job.

20. Nashville #BBN
    6:15 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I love KSR but c’mon. Clay Travis already did this exact same thing on OKTC, and did it much better. Although Clay is often an asshole, that is his thing and he does it well. We dont have/need to be OKTC. But when we steal his original content it makes KSR look little.

21. hOOSIER Wild Cat
    6:18 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I am a old fart. I remember when the Bear left Kentucky and have been a Bear fan ever since. That makes me a Alabama fan now. Watch this video again and think it is Kentucky beating Duke. I am a hugh Kentucky Basketball fan and I can see me in this video. Go CATS. Roll Tide!

22. SeoulCat
    6:26 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Slow day? Strip the crimson and replace it with blue, and you have a very representative “UK takes down (insert top-tier SEC name here)” football celebration. Kentucky fans have no room to make fun of these people. These people are just enjoying the fact that their national title hopes have been restored. Give ’em a break.

23. lostinspace
    6:33 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I have reacted the same way celebrating a wildcat win and I know I look and sound silly. That is why I don’t record it and put it on the internets.

24. Fletch
    6:34 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

When it comes to stewed prunes … is 3 too many or 2 not enough?

25. ajsnvkj
    6:35 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Bama fans are the worst fans in sports and they prove year after year. Im cheering for the the dawgs come sec championship.

26. RollBlue
    6:37 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I live In Alabama, have for a while. Nothing that BAMA fans do is any more “pathetic” than things that I see Cats fans do. Lets face it, Bama football is VERY similar to UK basketball in terms of fan base. ALSO the state of Kentucky is very much like the state of ALABAMA in terms of white trash citizens. SO, we can’t give BAMA fans crap for the same behavior that we as cats fans do.

27. Beavis
    6:39 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

# 15 You are going to hate Bama just that much more after this version of the Iron Bowl. Just save yourself the pain,,,,don’t watch or go to the game.

28. jake the snake
    6:52 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

The first one the fat dude hugs is the other fat dude….Things that make you you go hmmm. Oh, and that poor dog.

29. kse
    7:15 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

what a bunch of disgusting whales

30. Matt g
    7:33 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Bama fans are just as crazy as us big blue fans. So we shouldn’t be making fun of them. Besides that since our football team sucks we should be supportive of our brothers in the SEC!!!

31. Roland
    7:51 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I resemble that! (not the portly part @6′, 195)

32. JBR
    7:53 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

12 & 26…you guys are spot on. I am a lifelong, native Kentucky fan, and alumni, but I do not live in a bubble. The entire time I was watching this, I was thinking how is this different than what any UK fan does. The only reason to make fun of them is for taping it…but the behaviour…same as anyone else.

33. thenamerobdigity
    7:53 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

No different from UK fans. I love the enthusiasm

34. Caliterry
    8:13 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

I feel sorry for the people living below them, hell even the people two or three below them in that apartment building because with every step those men/women shake it must feel as if an earthquake has struck.

35. new coach!
    8:26 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

36. Dave the man
    9:14 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Did anyone else notice the dog??? LOL U know he was thinking put me down you dumb hillbilly!! lol

37. Alabama fan
    9:27 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

You should show the full video and will see many non “portly” Alabama fans celebrating and hitting the streets. I usually love KSR but posts like this really irk me. You UK fans would act the same way if they were in the same situation. We are now able to control our own destiny to get back in the championship. Saturday rivaled the celebration we had after beating LSU.

38. Lisa
    10:48 pm November 19, 2012 Permalink

Have any of you people heard of humor? I love watching these! Yes, I have acted like this watching UK games. That’s why it’s funny! I can see myself acting the same way (minus the megaphone). Lighten up

39. njCat
    6:41 am November 20, 2012 Permalink

That video was hillarious. Had me laughing out loud. Best part as when the girl slings the poor dog around at the end. That’s one cool pup!

Oh, and if these ‘portly’ folks didn’t want to get laughed at, they wouldn’t have taken or posted the video. I’d say they’re fair game.

40. Ron
    10:02 am November 20, 2012 Permalink

The Gruden video was much better than this Alabama fan vidio. What happened?