When You Lose Casual Gamer Reed, You Have Lost America

WARNING: Salty Language above

Lots of people have had their say on the state of UK football, but the man who said UK was going to a BCS Bowl at the beginning of the year has now jumped ship. In his video above, he uses some salty language, wears a hockey mask and says “we are done.” This is like Cronkite coming out against Vietnam…minds are being turned….

Article written by Matt Jones

44 Comments for When You Lose Casual Gamer Reed, You Have Lost America

1. bobthebuiler
    10:03 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

No 14-0 National championship?

2. Earl
    10:07 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

You tell em Reed

3. Patrick_Wren
    10:12 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Whats my buddy Reed so upset about today?

4. We Are The New Vandy
    10:14 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

When will Matt find a new mainstream gig and walk away from KSR again so the girls who run KSR now can turn it pink and post pictures of a shirtless Josh Hopkins?

5. Ares
    10:15 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Well he pretty much summed up how I feel right now. I probably would have dropped a few more F bombs though. It really is the height of frustration. I think the only way I could get any more frustrated is if the Jokester comes back.

6. Japrick
    10:16 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

“I’m gonna continue to support this piece of shit football program.” Hilarious.

7. OneAndDone
    10:23 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

I give it a C- CGR has set the bar for himself. And while I agree with his message, his delivery method was piss poor….especially on Halloween weekend.

-disappointed CGR fan

8. ChiCat
    10:24 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

I really wanted to pull that mask down. It kept riding up and was nearly rubbing his eyeballs by the end. Maybe THAT’s why his eyes were all cashed out.

9. Al's IndiCats
    10:25 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Can’t blame him an iota! Listen I’ll support the Cats even in a tiddley winks competition. Unlike the IU folks who’ll support IU in basketball and Notre Dame in football…….They just SUCK! GO CATS!

10. Brad
    10:29 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Well, at least he doesn’t sound like a crying little girl.

11. Iucansukabigblue....
    10:32 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

This is hour we all feel when we watch our team lose every week. Many of us just don’t part the video. I’ve been passed off since 1:30.

Blahhhhhh :/// Piece of [email protected]#%!!!

12. Iucansukabigblue....
    10:34 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

My auto correct is working like we played… Whatever.

13. Floyd
    10:38 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Barnhart should bend over and have his ass kicked by every UK Football fan. Then he should apologize and return every penny he’s been overpaid at UK.

14. ak400_99
    10:39 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

this shit is just fusstratin! lol

15. Cousins Fake Tooth
    10:40 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Maybe he should of spent the money that he spent to get that laptop and got some bottom teeth.

16. Peter Jurkin
    10:55 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Who is this douche?

17. Peter Kuttcutt
    10:58 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

The HUGE majority of BBN understands and feels your pain. Up until today, I was one of those that was willing to give Joker time and a chance. As of today, I have finally realized that Joker is a poor judge of his players talents and he just FLAT OUT can’t coach, at all. I am sorry Joker, but facts are facts, you can’t get it done, you’ll never get it done at Kentucky, and ya gotta’ go.

18. bluebabyblue
    11:01 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

Coach Phillips, PLEASE do us ALL a favor and just resign. Why wait to get fired? For the love of UK BLUE…just QUIT, walk away, get out, and go away. We can’t take it any more.

19. ohhai
    11:01 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

dont worry fellas, after we beat sanford tech barney will spend more football money for the front page of the herald leader telling all the uk fans to go f themselves. “see we won, i was right and you were wrong. i’ll just raise the basketball ticket price again. ha!”

20. BuD LiGhT
    11:09 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

I’m not sure KSR used the correct judgement when electing to post this video even thought we all share his feelings.

21. The Mask
    11:26 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

That was pure youtube gold and I am still laughing my ass off

22. JayCee
    11:41 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

This was me last year. Welcome to logic and reason. Empathy comes next.

Way past this point now. It’s all about comedic value at this point for me. Watching grown men ruin not only a program, but their own effing careers by trying to show some semblance of worthless loyalty is beyond anything my mind can fathom. Might as well be burning that money.

I’m with Reed. Elf it all. Nobody cares anymore. They’ve finally killed the 50-y/o lame horse.

23. JayCee
    11:42 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

This was me last year. Welcome to logic and reason. Empathy comes next.

Way past this point now. It’s all about comedic value at this point for me. Watching grown men ruin not only a program, but their own careers by trying to show some semblance of worthless loyalty is beyond anything my mind can fathom. Might as well be burning that money.

I’m with Reed. Flip it all. Nobody cares anymore. They’ve finally killed the 50-y/o lame horse.

24. SeoulCat
    11:46 pm October 27, 2012 Permalink

#21, I’m not gonna lie, that made me laugh.

25. BennyTheJet
    12:00 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

Somone in Bell County may want to put Casual Gamer Reed on 48 hour suicide watch.

26. the Big Dog
    12:05 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

We all share in the frustration that this football season has brought. I am not one of these “support our team no matter what” guys. However, I thought this was a little over the top. I think Joker would do himself a favor by cutting his best deal and resigning before the end of the season. I still wish him well- he is a Kentucky man, but I just don’t see it working.

27. SadCat
    12:51 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

FYI western ky accent
    Totally

28. Mad Chet
    1:44 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

We football fans should consider Coach Strong. Leave the bullshit at the gate. He would be a great get. He’s a coach on the rise. Sure, he’s stepped on his own [email protected] a few times but he’s got that out of his system and he wins the games he’s supposed to win. He was a successful coach at FLORIDA!-DUH. Wise up fools! Maybe he’s got an axe to grind with Florida too! He ought to be our #1 target.

29. Charlie Strong
    3:37 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

I WOULD NEVER GO TO UK YOURE THE WORST PROGRAM IN THE NATION YOU WILL NEVER WIN YOUR CONFERENCE, A BOWL GAME, OR EVEN A WINNING SEASON EVER. EVER!!!!!

30. carnifex
    3:47 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

You guys…you’re incredible!

1) Joker ain’t quittin’. His wife would cut his nuts off. Too muchmoney on the table. Get the fairytale’s of Joker lovin’ UK outta’ your asses.

2) “Joker’s a good guy.” Totally freakin’ irrelevant. Just beyond stupid that this is even brought up.

3) “I thought he would be a better coach” Based on what? The pulling Cobb outta the game for the last series of UT Cobb’s soph. year? We were on the goalline, with a chance to beat UT for the first time in forever, and he pulls our best player, and runs Newton?!? And you thought he would improve?!? After years of questionable game calls, slow starts and poor player evaluation?!? Who were you watching? What world do you live in? Because it sure isn’t reality.

With acumen like that I KNOW Barney can bring in Fulmer, or Cutcliffe, or Joe Blow off the streets, and you guys will be back in line, talking about “we’re on our way!”

Instead of up-grading our coaching we lost whatever little inertia Brooks had us going in. It’s gonna be a decade of us being decent to even live this year down. And if Barney doesn’t make a Petrino-esque hire, You’re looking at a decade to get decent.

Put it this way, it’s this simple, Barney hires Petrino, or your just wastin’ your money on season tickets. Anyone else is a gamble, and I work to hard for my money to waste it on hoping Barney, for once in his little bean counter life, gets something right. I’m too old, and I got little enough joy left to waste on Barney and his poor choices. Screw him, screw the BoT, and screw UK football!

31. carnifex
    3:58 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

As a Ps. to the Joker is a good guy [email protected]^. I’m a good guy. Hell, I’m a great guy. Buy you a drink, shake your hand, sign you atographs. I’ll make you a deal, right here, right now. Pay me $1,000,000.00 a year for 5 years, and I can promise you we will win more games than we are now. I can guaran-damn-tee it. And I’ve never coached a game of football in my life. But what I do know is people. I know who has “it” and who doesn’t. And I don’t let emotion cloud my judgement. And I know game management better than Joker ever will. Hell a 12 y.o. on Madden knows game management better than Joker.

Do your selves a favor, hire me.

32. The Mask
    4:37 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

quit changing peoples comments, jones. my original comment (#21) was:

matt jones likes to put on a zipup mask and slow stroke it to pics of cal.

33. Dave
    5:19 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

Ive always been positive about UK football and also realistic. Id have to say the realism has set in that Joker may be a great guy but a terrible head coach. I thought Joker was a good hire but it just hasnt worked out for the team. Hiring a new coach dosent come with any guarantees of success but its time to make a change. Wish the best for Joker and his staff and appreciate all the hard work they put in. Go Cats!

34. HawkeyeTim
    6:56 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

#32—nice comments. I hope as this year comes to an end……I think we need to remember that Joker is from Kentucky, he played for Kentucky, he graduated from Kentucky and he has given a lot to this program. I assume people will remain classy.

35. EC
    7:34 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

I hate to laugh at someone else’s pain but that was hilarious. What happened to his eyebrows. Did he burn them off in frustration?

36. DHo
    9:03 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

Hilarious, just freakin’ hilarious. Quality, in-depth analysis. My favorite line…. “Anybody can recruit”

37. Lyan Remmond
    10:37 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

AMEN BROTHER REED. His eyes say it all

38. BobbyP
    10:54 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

“You rubes want me to come down to that loser city and coach that loser team????? NO WAY!!!”

39. ukcat58
    10:56 am October 28, 2012 Permalink

Duke is bowl eligible, Vandy is 4-4, coaching does make a difference – FL, UL, have ranked programs in FB and BB – It can be done –
    Come on Mitch – find us a great recruiter( Not 1-3 star players who will immediately play – not wonder we have so many hurt) and an EXPERIENCED COACH WITH NATIONAL CREDIBILITY – I am tired of being the laughing stock of the FB community –

40. GapToothDanny
    12:15 pm October 28, 2012 Permalink

thank God I have resisted the temptation to start following UK football…HURRY UP BASKETBALL SEASON!!!

41. Sam
    1:41 pm October 28, 2012 Permalink

I used to know Reed pretty well. Haven’t talked to him a a year or so though. He’s a good ol’ eastern KY guy, and one of the oddest, GENUINELY oddest, people you will ever meet….in a good way.

And trust me, he is not on any drugs of any sort. That’s just him.

42. Cant Get Right
    1:57 pm October 28, 2012 Permalink

This is the best f**Kn Sh*T i ever F**kin heard. LMFAO!!! CGR!

43. KT
    5:37 pm October 28, 2012 Permalink

Yup. That pretty much summed it up. We are a joke. I didn’t think we could be any worse than the Curry years but we may have found a way. No, seriously, I THINK we can beat Samford but I wouldn’t bet on it. On pace for 1-11 with our only victory being against Kent State, that’s pathetic. Oh yeah, and let’s not forget that we forfeited halfway through Arkansas game (and still lost 49-7), I have never seen us do that before either. Are we THE worst team in the country at this point? It’s a legitimate question. Maybe we should drop down a division in football if we can’t make any better effort at it than this, at least we could compete on that level and it would save both us and the conference undue embarrassment.