90% of today’s KSR posts are brought to you by Derek Willis and his willingness to be the prodigal son who ran away for NBA glory. His spurned Card-fan father has no choice but to gently embrace the beautiful blue of the Commonwealth’s talent factory in Lexington. UofL, Purdue, and Indiana fans are all busy trying to spin this commitment in their favor by talking down Willis- big surprise, right? Whatever gets you through the day I guess. I’ll spare you having to read anymore about this gifted young player, but I’ll reiterate one thing – Welcome to Kentucky, Derek.
It’s Friday night. You’re probably out celebrating Willis’ commitment by taking John Wall shots (because that’s how true KSR fans roll). In fact, I’m probably doing the same thing as you read this. Except with Guinness. Whether you’re at home with the family or if you’re ‘that guy’ who is reading KSR on his phone at the bar (come on, we’ve all done it at least once), it’s time to recap the day’s news:
– Derek Willis committed to Kentucky. Cool, right?
– The Cats square off against Alabama at noon tomorrow on CBS. Be sure to stop by KSR for the always-fun Live Blog action, with the first half of the day curated by yours truly, then followed up by Rashawn Franklin.
– Coach Cal admits his plan is currently to keep going with Doron Lamb off the bench. We’ve mentioned Cal’s intention to ‘make him fight’ before, but is it working? Drew stated earlier that he’s averaging a decent 11 points after leaving the starting lineup…but that’s not quite as good as the 20+ he was averaging for a stretch of games this season. Here’s to hoping he keeps on fighting.
– Cal responded to Kevin Stallings’ ‘shots fired’ over the SEC scheduling. UK fans sighed and brushed off Stallings due to the fact that he looks like he’s been unemployed longer than Pitino’s dignity.
– Cal also said the refs can take their “blarge” and
shove it turn it into a mere blocking call.
– Tomlin posted this fantastic Part II to his ‘what your college fanhood says about you‘. I LOL’d, and you should too.
– Tomorrow, Shabazz Muhammad and his Bishop Gorman team play at 5pm on ESPNU (feat. UK recruit Stephen Zimmerman) battle Findlay Prep (feat. Anthony Bennett). Remember all the people who kept insisting that Bazz was an ‘Adidas kid’? Welp, he tweeted this picture of his shoes for tomorrow earlier today (notice the swoosh)…
– Music legend Etta James passed away today at the age of 73. Sports related? Nope – but you should give “At Last” an honorary listen this evening.