With the funding now in place, UK is asking for bids for the Commonwealth Stadium renovations. The university posted consultant submittal guidelines on their website, with this list of features they want included in each bid:
The goal for the project is the improvement the Commonwealth Stadium’s functionality and aesthetic appearance, as well as the quality of fan amenities, team facilities, press / stadium operation areas, premium seating areas, accessible seating areas, and general seating areas. Further, the project will accommodate the expansion and renovation of the Nutter Training Center
Budget: $110 Million (app. $87,000,000 maximum construction budget)
– New home team facilities to include a new football locker room, coaches’ lockers, equipment room, taping room, and media/interview room. Vacated spaces will be reâ€purposed for other uses.
– New east sideline field access for the football team.
– New Recruiting / Multiâ€purpose Room with views to the playing field along east end zone.
– Relocate student seating section to east end zone and provide a unique “student seating” environment.
– Replacement of existing south sideline bench seating to accommodate approximately 2,200 new club seats with a dedicated club lounge areas.
– Provide 16 new suites (14 seats each), a President’s Suite (100 seats), and an Athletic Director’s Suite (30 seats).
– Provide a new full service Kitchen to serve the stadium.
– Relocate and reconfigure the existing Press Box.
– Provide a new Team Store with high visibility and access from the outside/inside of the stadium.
– Increase accessible seating areas along the upper concourse.
– Replace existing Concession / Restrooms areas at the north and south of the stadium.
– Renovate and expand the existing Wildcat Den.
– Increase the size of the Staff Locker Room along the south sideline.
– Renovate and increase the size of the Visitor Locker Room and Visiting Coaches Locker facilities.
– Relocate the Officials Locker Room along the south sideline.
– Upgrades to the stadium signage and graphics.
– Provide new exterior precast facÌ§ade to enhance the aesthetics of the stadium and hide exposed structural steel columns and corner ramps.
– Upgrade original stadium light poles.
– Provide video security cameras on the concourses and perimeter of the stadium.
NUTTER TRAINING CENTER
– Expand and renovate the existing weight room, including the creation of a new mezzanine area to accommodate cardio equipment.
– Expand and renovate the existing athletic training/sports medicine area.
– New studentâ€athlete dining area with fullâ€service kitchen.
– New football team lounge area.
– Provide a new central receiving/storage preâ€engineered building
02/26/2013: Advertise for Consultants
03/04/2013: Consultant Pre-Proposal Meeting
03/08/2013: Consultant Submittal Due
03/12/2013: Consultant Shortlist Meeting
03/13/2013: Shortlisted Consultants Notified
04/01/2013: Consultant Interviews
04/02/2013: Consultant Notified – Fee Negotiation Begins
04/12/2013: Consultant Contract Sent to Frankfort
04/15/2013: Design Begins
09/13/2013: Initial Bid Packages Release
12/01/2013: Construction Begins
2013-2014: Additional Bid Packages as Required
08/14/2015: Substantial Completion
The deadlines for submittals is Friday, March 8th.