Things to remember during your Kentucky/West Virginia deja vu:
– Bob Huggins is 8-1 vs. Calipari. You’ll hear a lot about this tomorrow.
– Remember Joe Mazzulla? He’s the really annoying West Virginia guard who had the game of his life against the Cats last year in the Elite Eight. Well, he’s back, but not before an embarrassing citation for public urination last August.
– They have a player named “Truck.” That is SO West Virginia (or Sarah Palin, I can’t decide).
– West Virginia sophomore Deniz Kilicli is friends with fellow Turk Enes Kanter. Unlike Kanter, Kilicli was allowed to play after serving a 20-game NCAA suspension. Like Kanter, I want to cry.
– Huggy Bear and Cal are friends (probably because everyone else hates them) and they texted during the Selection Show on Sunday about a possible rematch
– Darius Miller was 0-6 from the field (0-4 from the 3-point line) against West Virginia last year. After carrying the Cats against Princeton, you have to feel this year will be different for Mr. March.
– The Mountaineers run a 1-3-1 zone that, along with poor shooting, caused fits for the Cats last season
– Terrence Jones doesn’t feel well. Maybe some chicken soup and a beautiful woman to rub his head will do the trick?
– West Virginia guard Darryl Bryant, who had 18 points yesterday against Clemson, missed last year’s game against the Cats with an injury.
– West Virginia split games with Louisville this season, winning the latter game in Morgantown, 72-70. Know who also beat Louisville?
– …Morehead State. Nope, that’s not old yet. Neither is this picture.
– Tell me that Huggins doesn’t look like a grown up Cousin Rocky from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
See you guys tomorrow. GO CATS.