“What I’m Thinking Right Now”

Alright, so no real big news or anything to talk about today, since we’ve already expressed how we feel about the new uniforms.  Personally, I agree with one of the comments I saw: great as an alternate, still love the white for regular home jerseys.  What’s important is that we’re included in the elite group, and recruits see we not only have the jerseys, but a bunch of stars on the back.  Cool?  Sure, why not.

So without further ado, I bring you,

Mixed (Mail)Bag: Drake Edition

Wherein all my responses are Drake lyrics.  Challenge accepted.

Cat Williams: Statistically, your posts are getting worse! Poor research, mediocre UK fan knowledge, and punch lines that don’t follow jokes (your welcome!).

Just get a little worse and there’s hope of becoming the new BTI!

CN: The upper echelon, top of the totem; You lookin at the best, tell these magazine to quote ‘em. This next bar’s for haters, you still don’t know ’em. I don’t got enough room, so get the **** off my scrotum.

yeah first!!: Come on guys leave the writers alone. Look who put the site together. you have to take it for what it is. Have you heard Thee matt jones hosting his show? This is the guy in charge of the writers of this site. So how can you slam? It’s like shooting fish in a barrel? And who will shoot fish in a barrel? losers.

CN: Y’all don’t really like me, I can understand; my flow is sittin’ right inside the pocket of my pants. I’m still fly, you can’t float; run this ****, Usain Bolt.

You Can Call Me Cal: Why do all your posts have to be so long? I’m a smart guy, but I can’t focus long enough to read the entire thing. You may be a good writer, but I’ll probably never know because you’re not a good enough writer to make me want to read all that stuff.

CN: Cause I never learned the “biz” I learned the language; well spoken, man I should’ve went to Cambridge.

I’m still focused, I stay grounded; you see I ran with a style when they clowned it.

🙁 : Your writing style can be hard to interpret. Quit trying to be cute with your words and focus more on the quality of your posts.

CN: I could teach you how to speak my language, Rosetta Stone.

catsfan54: i don’t get the title of the post though. a bit of a stretch i think.

CN: When raindrops hit the tin roof it’s crazy.  That’s a metaphor, did I lose ya, baby?

Don: Craptastic post.

CN:  I don’t ever be trippin off of what ain’t mine, and I be hearing the **** you say through the grapevine, but jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.

Drats! Foiled Again: I was hoping that you would be moving to ksrcollege so I would never have to read your garbage again.

CN: My name is Drizzy, and I ain’t perfect. But I work hard, so I deserve it. And I belong right where you see me. Ain’t on the fence about it, I ain’t Mr. Feeny. Nah I got a decent set of manners, and a job that fills up any empty schedule or a planner.

Don: Didn’t care for your writing style overall.

CN: That’s why I never follow y’all suggestions, I just always did my own thing. Now I run the game.

Huff: So…you’re saying that being #1 for 4 weeks out of, literally 168 weeks is old hat? You, sir, may have redefined the statistics field. Being #1 is something to celebrate. It’s an accomplishment that isn’t easy to maintain once you’re there, and even more work to reattain if you drop. Saying that we should be used to it after only holding the spot for 4 weeks…and I’ll even one-up my previous statement to go back to the time PRIOR to Wall & Co’s #1 ranking (2003), we’ve held the #1 ranking for 4 weeks out of 460 weeks. Old hat. Nothing to be excited about. Holding the top spot for less that 1% of the last decade is something that should make us snarky.

CN:  Okay, I didn’t find any lyrics for this one, but I wanted to bring it up.  UK is number four on the list of schools with the most weeks spent at number one in the AP poll, with about 84 overall.  UNC, Duke, and either UCLA or Kansas are higher, not sure which.  So, yeah, I’d say when you’re in the top five all-time in weeks spent at the top of the poll, it’s not “redefin[ing] the statistics field” to say that it shouldn’t be as big a deal to us as it may be to other schools.  Boosh.

Thanks for playing, everybody. I had a lot of fun.  What’s today, Thursday?  After so many breaking news posts yesterday, other people may or may not post throughout the day today.  I’m sure they will, though.  Probably.  So keep hitting F5; it’s totally worth it.

Article written by Corey Nichols

57 Comments for “What I’m Thinking Right Now”

1. UKBigDaddy
    9:03 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

If anything, it beats looking at Ellen as I come onto KSR. Thanks!

2. ktmiln2
    9:05 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Love the mailbag. Hopefully some people will realize how foolish they look when all they do is complain.

3. Caytstrodamus
    9:06 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

“upon the hoist, each one will take hold and cut a piece of that which they had sought.”
    Caytsrodamus

4. Umm
    9:07 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

What the hell is this? I know it’s a bunch of words, but I don’t think it is english. Whatever you call it, I call it absolutely terrible. Not BTI sucking-funny-bad, just plain ol’ terrible. Congrats Corey Nichols, you have posted the dumbest thing I have ever read on KSR. Can I have the last minute and a half of my life back, please?

5. T.J.
    9:14 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Not a fan, but I am willing to acknowledge that it is a clever idea. Not that any of our opinions matter. Atleast it’s not BTI.

6. js
    9:19 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I remember seeing a presentation once that was soooo amazingly confusing that my friend leaned over and said “that is either the stupidest thing I have ever seen, or it is so bad it verges on being brilliant.”

Either this is what a writer’s block looks like in written format, are this is intentionally so bad that it is brilliant. I vote we give Corey the benefit of the doubt on this one. Brilliant!

7. shimsky
    9:21 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Yes it’s better than ELLEN, but not by much. Your posts are almost as annoying as listening to Bobby Knight go on and on about PLUMLEE when Duke is down by 9 points.

8. Rupert Ergin XI
    9:21 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I never thought I would say this, but give me another ugly lesbian post instead of this nonsense.

9. wicked
    9:23 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

1st comment FTW

10. K dog
    9:23 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Your Sh** is tight Corey. Off the heezy. Don’t believe me, just go aksk Lil Jeezy. Wat Up.

11. wicked
    9:24 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

as in The First comment is a winner

12. Spangly
    9:24 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

At least uksportsinfo has tolerable topics. I still come here first, but am realizing I like their writers more consistently. I’m not old, but I still don’t like change in the aspect that it is something completely different from what I’m familiar with.

13. Chris Thomas
    9:25 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

You guys are all crazy.

Ellen is totally a ‘would’.

14. samismammy
    9:26 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I am an avid reader. I can read almost anything, and do. But I could not get even halfway through this drivel. This post makes BTI look like Norman Mailer.

15. BlueVooDoo
    9:32 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I don’t get it. I got half way through the first 3 sentences and had to stop. The comment section is more entertaining than the post. Too many cooks in the kitchen on this site. Matt, Drew, Beis, Tyler should be it. Sorry.

16. WTF
    9:32 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Instead of posting the radio show in the p.m. just post Drake songs so I can relate.

17. LoyalRoyal
    9:33 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Do your thing, Corey. People complaining about the quality of free entertainment, or free anything for that matter, tells you more about them than it ever will you.

18. Jones Returns
    9:33 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Somebody fire this guy…is he serious?!?

19. Jones Returns
    9:34 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

15…well said

20. saki7
    9:37 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Such jerks. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. It’s free.

21. T.J.
    9:37 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

17- A free post also means a free comments sections. So using your logical, what does your critisism of the commenters say about you?

22. Blue_Cat75
    9:38 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

#4, It’s not English, it’s Canadian rap.

23. B to the I
    9:41 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

You have redefined the word suck.

24. WTF
    9:46 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

17) so is radio. no listeners means no station…get it?

25. STOPPED READING
    9:48 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

At the upper echelon. Who’s Drake?

26. John Tummelson
    9:49 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I know this is a site devoted to being ridiculous, but one can go a bit too far and just look like they are trying too hard. Never a recipe for success. Take a lesson from Beisner; he’s witty and does so around a structure of solid facts that sticks to the subject at hand. Many sportswriters do that so maybe a little research could help improve your skills. We all need improvement in everything we do so I hope you take this as criticism from someone that would like to see you succeed. In theory, tying in posts from the comments with Drake-like responses could work, but just think it is a very tough one to pull off. Set yourself up better for success if you want to be a witty, fun sports commentator. Best of luck on other posts, but this one missed the mark in my humble opinion.

27. ktmiln2
    9:50 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I wish I knew how to use logicals.

28. Blue Bayou
    9:51 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

F5?!?! What if you have a Mac?

*Note: I don’t like rap so that is one of the three lines I read of this post.

ALL CATS EVERYTHING

29. Streak ends in 11
    9:52 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

This post sucks.

30. u forgot 1
    9:57 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Everyone – when are you going to write something that’s not crap?
    CN – I ain’t never, I ain’t never, I ain’t never …

31. wicked
    9:58 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

21 is the winner

32. Eloy
    10:00 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I would have prefered a mailbag with responses utilizing Friedrich Nietzsche quotes. But I guess Drake has his own unique style as well. A matter of taste I suppose.

Also the comment section of this Corey guys posts are worth having to read through his posts so keep it up!

33. Smyrna_Cat
    10:07 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

My advice to this writer is to actually talk about UK sports. That is why the readers come to this site. It isn’t rocket science.

Writing a really bad blog about people complaining about your previous really bad blog makes the writer seem lazy, self-centered, and totally lacking in knowledge about UK sports.

34. REAL BLY
    10:12 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Is there a App for COREY NICHOLS IS TERRIBLE ?????

35. Ern
    10:16 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

No need to name call or berate any one in particular but KSR is slippin’.

You got this post, which will probably soon be followed by one from S. Hammer, and it’s becoming overwhelmingly bad. I got on ESPN.com today for the first time. Handle your business fellas, please. There’s nothing clever in plagiarizing a sub-par, albiet popular, hip-hop artist from Canada ( that’s almost an oxymoron).

I love the morning show and appreciate what YOU’VE created, MATT JONES, but I thought KSR was like your baby…you’re leaving your baby in the hands of some the most incompetent care-takers ( OK, OK…I berated them a little). What kind of person is KSR gonna grow up to be if it’s taking direction and learning by examples from these “guys”.

Please, please, MATT JONES, don’t submit us or your baby to any more of this abuse.

36. Al's IndiCats
    10:17 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey Matt just a thought. Do You think those folks who B&C all the time could be Trolls masking themselves as UK fans in masses? That’s what I think.

37. Platinum Unis
    10:23 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, seriously, people came to love this site because of it’s uniqueness, cleverness and insight. This guy gives us the opposite of each. This is KSR, not CNR. Put an end to this garbage, control this guy, and give us a little more quality. You’re not the only blog and insiders out there. There are other sources who focus more on what actually matters… Get it done!

Please.

38. Al B. Sure
    10:27 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I usually enjoy the “Mixed (Mail)Bag” but I like it with “normal” replies rather than the lyric quotes. After the first couple, I didn’t bother reading the rest. Big disappointment.

39. J
    10:29 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I thought the lyrics were funny but fighting the comments is an exercise in futility.

40. Fred
    10:35 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

didn’t even bother reading it – who is Drake?

41. Zach
    10:40 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

40- he’s an entertainer who has a career b/c of his father’s business connections.

42. Zach
    10:42 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

43. Swagger Police
    10:42 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

Nice swagger jacking of the YouTube video “Sh*t Drake Says.”

44. jmet80
    10:45 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

GONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. jaws2
    10:50 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

This post should have been on the ‘college’ site.

Hey Matt, you guys ever check the demographics of your visitors? It might help with content on KSR.

46. Awwww Lawwwdy
    11:02 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I just been slapped in the face by the lyrics of a gangsta who spent his childhood on the hard streets of the Disney Channel!

47. uk3k
    11:03 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

why?

everyone complains about everything here, usually just because they can. If you take it so personally than sorry, A whole pot about it is a waste of time.

48. Al's IndiCats
    11:07 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

You CANNOT please a 100% of the people 100% of the time. SCREW the ones who live with a constant cloud over their perverbial heads!

49. u forgot 1
    11:11 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

48 – I just farted in your proverbial face!

50. FlySoup
    11:25 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

you still listen to drake?

51. VA catfan
    11:39 am January 26, 2012 Permalink

I have a new “Challenge Accepted” for Corey Nichols. Quit posting dumb sh*t. The post about you moving to KSR College was spot on.

52. laurenhart
    12:19 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

go cards!

53. Smiley Pete
    12:25 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Yeah it wasn’t a great post but damn guys…

54. FlySoup
    12:51 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

ksrcollege has some good bball posts… not joking

55. 502Cat
    1:09 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

My goal in life is to make it into a Corey Nichols post!

Next time use Charlie Daniels lyrics.

56. joe
    1:15 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Wow, I must have struck a nerve with someone to have my post deleted. Sorry, but it’s the truth. You all need to stick to sports.

57. Catsfando
    3:35 pm January 27, 2012 Permalink

Every time someone is critical of a post we get a couple of reactions. 1. If you don’t like it don’t read it. This is asinine because if you don’t read it how will you know if you like it or not? 2. It’s free, so shut up. Free in no way relates to good, intelligent, interesting, witty, or worth reading. Just thought I’d make those two points. Of course they are just one mans humble opinions.