What Happens When You Wear a Bad Shirt to the KSTV Casting Call?

Will Mapes, the producer who is getting more famous by the day, was not a fan of one of our contestant’s shirts. So he told him about it…in a way that still makes me laugh just thinking about it. He and one other contestant are below and both do a decent job. Check them out and remember that Saturday is your last chance to cover UK for a (part-time) living. KSTV Casting Call in Louisville at Sam Swope Honda from 10 am to noon…be there…and watch this:

Article written by Matt Jones

16 Comments for What Happens When You Wear a Bad Shirt to the KSTV Casting Call?

1. butseriously
    10:23 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

put up hays cannon’s video i’m tired of watching these clowns…time to see someone who actually would make sense

2. Matt Jones
    10:49 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

I like the second guy much more the second time around

3. UKGirl
    11:00 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

Loved Chase’s personality, but when it comes to thinking on your feet, making valid points, and seemingly having good knowledge about UK athletics, I like the second guy. Not sure how he would come across on television but maybe consider him to possibly be a contributor to the site?

4. Chris
    11:00 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

Matt I once wore a bad shirt. It happened to be on senior picture day and my
    Legend has lived in infamy since. As a fellow nerd Im sure you can relate. It was
    Two years later that I lost
    My virginity. The sweetness of that moment of living I shall never forget. It was as if the qe won the 97 championship thus three in a row. And I in turn came like a donkey desperate to make the 49 goldrush the most influential moment in history. No homo

5. gmo
    11:02 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

Hey Winston guy, STFU and quit whining.

6. Will Mapes
    11:22 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

I’m a douche. No really, look at me.

7. Scuba Steve
    11:26 pm June 2, 2011 Permalink

He has the same shirt on as Perrin Johnson, it’s just a different color and a bit more wrinkled. That producer did hire Perrin Johnson right? Perrin Johnson did show up to work in that shirt right? Eat crow Mr. Producer.

8. tfordstyle
    12:03 am June 3, 2011 Permalink

so will mapes dogs a guy for a sub-par shirt but says NOTHING to MJ who is still sporting a center part? A CENTER PART? REALLY?!?!
    I can think of 2 people total with a full on center part, and both are age 75+. The few – The Proud – The Center Parts.

9. Jaayyyy
    12:27 am June 3, 2011 Permalink

1) The producer is a narcissistic jerk it seems. Don’t like him ….
    2) Matt, the first guy’s argument was more than just what happened in the last ten years. I don’t agree with a new arena, but I thought his overall argument was sound. He said after the last ten years, our tradition was tarnished (paraphrasing this obviously) and with a new coach and new success, the new arena would add to the renewed tradition. I totally get what he is saying. Why didn’t you? Were you listening?

3) The tryouts are cool. Keep up the good work Jones, but you dissed the first kid a little unecessarily, though you are certainly allowed to make a few mistakes!

10. Jaayyyy
    12:32 am June 3, 2011 Permalink

I was too hard on the producer, sounded harsh, but still does not seem like a guy I’d like to know or work around….

11. ukaltheway
    9:59 am June 3, 2011 Permalink

Matt — Couldn’t make the first round in Lexington so I was really looking forward to auditioning Saturday. Unfortunately my work schedule was just changed by my boss and though I tried to rearrange things I could not. I have no time to arrange a video clip. Is there anything I can do to be considered?

12. Ky76
    11:18 am June 3, 2011 Permalink

I soooo wish I had the time to do this…..I could be the BTI of T.V…..

13. Jon North
    2:26 pm June 3, 2011 Permalink

This guy has a good youtube following.

14. jones
    3:42 pm June 3, 2011 Permalink

Mark Krebs is really awkward

15. JimJim
    8:07 pm June 3, 2011 Permalink

I’m sorry, but this is more of what is turning this die-hard Cats fan off of KSR. Too much of the frat-guy insiders slapping backs and making what snarky fun they can out of those of us not cool enough to be them. Loved you guys once upon a time, but that’s the way I feel. Yeah, some of our fans have funny accents, and don’t wear the latest fashions. Matt Jones et al. need to remember they were raised by some of those same fans.

16. skee
    10:12 pm June 3, 2011 Permalink

will mapes sucks.. why is he judging people’s appearance?